You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rossieayem

New Raider

• "rossieayem" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 8:14am

How do I get past Boris the russian on the Endurance wreck?

Hi

I have been trying really hard to get past Boris the russian on the Endurance wreck but somehow, not successful. I am playing on my PC and when shoot him, he goes down on his knees & I axe him. But the first 'axing' is all that the game lets me take. As soon as I immediately deliver the second swish of the axe, Boris picks me up & throws me away. The second swish doesn't seem to register.

May request some help on this? Am I doing this right? Would sure appreciate some help.

thanks. :)

regards,
Ross

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 9:00am

Basically you are doing this right, after the first hit with the axe you start over again with evading and then shooting him when he's staggering. You need to do this a couple of times depending on your difficulty setting and if you dealt him enough damage.

(I think I always fought three to four rounds on my settings.)

Having the right skills equipped - like the counter-move - helps a lot.

rossieayem

New Raider

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 11:00am

How do I get past Boris the russian on the Endurance wreck?

Hey

Thanks for the help. :)

The problem is I have been doing this more than 50 times now! Plus, my game difficulty settings too are on normal. I am also giving him enough damage but he still doesn't seem to go down!

What is the counter move? :oops Is it the move where lara escapes Boris by bending down & moving swiftly? Coz I am using that too! This is freaking me out! ?( 8|

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 3:45pm

That would be just the "evade" part. The counter attack would be the "axing" (using the Melee button, which should be F if using a default keyboard layout), or if you don't have it equipped Lara might use an arrow to attack the opponents knee..

Normally it goes like this:
- You evade him. (You need to do a real evasion with a button prompt following.)
- You stun him (either by using "arrow to the knee", or "axing") by pressing the button when prompted.
- You blast away (I preferred the shotgun and aimed at his face) while he is stunned.

He will then recover and you start over.

I had the feeling that you can only hurt him once he is stunned. And you have to attack a vulnerable part. And you really have to get him properly stunned, otherwise any damage caused might just go unnoticed.

rossieayem

New Raider

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 5:40pm

Thanks once again! :)

Have been doing all that you advised. "Axing" & "Arrow Piercing" both.

Lets see if I can get him down! [hehe]

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, March 28th 2013, 6:16pm

Good luck.

faris

New Raider

TR Platforms: xbox360

Friday, January 31st 2014, 7:12am

I have been trying really hard to get past Boris the russian on the Endurance wreck but somehow, not successful. I am playing on my PC and when shoot him, he goes down on his knees & I axe him. But the first 'axing' is all that the game lets me take. As soon as I immediately deliver the second swish of the axe, Boris picks me up & throws me away. The second swish doesn't seem to register.
faris

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Saturday, February 1st 2014, 6:31am

I'm not sure, it's been a long time since I played, still waiting for our PS4 version ;-) but I think you have to wait until the symbol for "push the button now" appears on screen. If you click it too fast it won't work. Maybe that's the problem...?
--
Signature is futile.

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male

Currently Playing: TRU

Sunday, November 30th 2014, 11:04pm

on the pc, you have to hit the "F" key at the right time. watch for the circles to close in and hit "F" when they centre.
/BFR