You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Valkyrie_Phoenix" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS2

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 5:38pm

Mountain Rendezvous

I'm playing the PC version and I'm stuck on Mountain Rendezvous. The walkthrough doesn't mention which button to press to stop the Russian guy from strangling you and neither does it say in game. Is this a bug or something? I've tried pretty much every button :(

All help is appreciated

VP

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 5:47pm

Well the problem is, I cannot answer that for you, as I've played on Xbox and PS3. It should be displayed so it sounds a little like a bug. A circle will appear and then inside the button is indicated.

On the consoles you press the button for Melee or Finishing Moves. That is the first.

The second action is: Press the button you normally use for hammering the axe into a climbing wall, or reload your weapons, or other actions like picking up stuff.

Then press the button for shooting your gun.

I hope that helps.

I have now unpacked my pc version, however there is no booklet inside, so I can not translate that for you further without leaving my console behind and moving over to the other platform now.

florian.kakao

Jade Raider

• "florian.kakao" is male

TR Platforms: PS4, PS3, PC, Xbox One

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 6:01pm

There are only 4 different buttons used in the QTE in this game.
Standard-controls for left and right ( which are "a" and "d") and the buttons "e" and "f". try one of these two buttons. ;)
we are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Tuesday, March 5th 2013, 7:09pm

On PC the QTE use the following two symbols:
1) A hand: Press "E" or whatever you mounted the Action-button to (In case you don't remember each time you can press "E" near an object this hand appears)
2) An exclamation Mark: Press "F" or whatever you mounted the melee moves to (This symbol was introduced in the scavenger's den)

• "Valkyrie_Phoenix" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS2

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 10:01am

Yeah it was F. I had pressed it before but obv not at the right time :/

Cheers guys

VP

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 10:30am

That sounds possible, the timing is a little difficult. Glad you got through.

Whup

New Raider

TR Platforms: PC

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 6:59am

Followup question

Hi...I have a followup question that I hope someone can help with. I am also playing on a PC.

After kicking the guy, and then biting him on the neck, Lara knocks him down, gets the gun, and then grapples with him. I have not been able to survive this battle as yet. I get the gun target symbol as the guy comes towards me, but I only seem to be able to target his leg and shoot there. He then grabs Lara's arms, and I get the key symbols for left and right moving, but pressing those keys in different sequences do not seem to do anything and Lara ends up quickly being shot in the head. Pressing the F key (which is supposedly the melee key) doesn't seem to do anything. I watched a U-tube video of this fight, and the screen showed only an LS sign, and then a blue circle with an X in the middle came on the guy's left wrist area, and Lara shot him. I have not seen just a LS symbol or the blue symbol on my screen.

The answer to my own question.....Mash the A and D keys, and then you have to time pressing the E key just before or just as the red hand in a circle symbol appears. I think I have a lag problem with my set up as I have to start pressing the F key just before the symbols show up in the action before this to be able to knee and bite the guy

Thanks in advance for any tips as to what I am doing wrong.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Whup" (Mar 7th 2013, 7:26am)

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Thursday, March 7th 2013, 7:47am

Great that you could solve it on your own. I also had problems with this QTE (and also could only shoot his stomach, which didn't seem to do anything).
For the next ones you may want to reduce your settings a bit to avoid lagging during these scenes.

olee22

New Raider

• "olee22" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, March 13th 2013, 2:31pm

F,F, mouse, A-D, E, mouse

I'm playing the PC version and I'm stuck on Mountain Rendezvous. The walkthrough doesn't mention which button to press to stop the Russian guy from strangling you and neither does it say in game. Is this a bug or something? I've tried pretty much every button :(

All help is appreciated

VP
Hit F to kick him (acclamation mark)
Hit F to bit his ears (acclamation mark)
Shoot anywhere in him with mouse Left
A and D to scramble
Hit E to hit wirst (hand mark)
Shoot in him with mouse Left
You need to hit the buttons as soon as they appear