You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, August 13th 2012, 4:55pm

Unable to save the Game

Hello!

I know it's been rather quiet in regards of AoD, but I started playing it again in order to get screenshots for WikiRaider. The problem is that I can't save the game. When I try to do so, it says that the game was saved, but when I try to load the game - there's nothing! 8|

I've recently re-installed the game to my computer, patched it with the patches 42 and 52, and tried to use patched savegames. But the savegames don't appear to the Load Game menu either.

Any ideas what to do?

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 10:26am

What system are you playing on? It might be a problem with the newer Windows (Vista and above) version, where the game can't write into the folder where the game was installed. Starting it as Administrator might work.

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 7:38pm

I'm playing on Windows XP, and I ran the Tomb Raider Update thingy that updates all the TRs from TRI to TRAOD. How do I start it as an Adminstrator? :shy:

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 1:19pm

In Windows XP you should not have that particular problem since you are probably already an Administrator. ;-)

I don't trust those kind of programmes that claim to do all the updates for you. I always download the patches from the servers and install them manually. This way I'm sure what version I play.

I don't know what the problem might be, but you should check if the folder "C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD\SaveGame" (or whatever it is called on your computer/language-settings) exists and is writeable. You might want to try and download a savegame http://tombraidergirl.com/tr6/savegames.php and put it in that folder and try to load that. Don't know, maybe then saving might start work, too... ?(

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 5:49pm

In Windows XP you should not have that particular problem since you are probably already an Administrator. ;-)
Alright! [hehe]
I don't trust those kind of programmes that claim to do all the updates for you. I always download the patches from the servers and install them manually. This way I'm sure what version I play.
I've got both the "multipatcher" and the patches individually. Don't know wthat was my logic when I downloaded them, but hey, I'm me! :D
I don't know what the problem might be, but you should check if the folder "C:\Program Files\Eidos Interactive\TRAOD\SaveGame" (or whatever it is called on your computer/language-settings) exists and is writeable. You might want to try and download a savegame http://tombraidergirl.com/tr6/savegames.php and put it in that folder and try to load that. Don't know, maybe then saving might start work, too... ?(
Let's see... Folder exists? Yep. :yepp Is writeable? Hmm... How do you know whether it's writeable or not? :shy:

Now I've done the following: re-installed the game (full installation, of course, like I've done in the past), patched it with the two individual patches (v42 and v52, there are just two patches, right?) and downloaded one savegame from the link above, but when I go to the Load Game menu, there's nothing again. And saving the game still doesn't work. ;(

I think it might be a good time to give up and let someone else take screens of AoD for the Wiki, since there doesn't seem to be a solution. :S

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

Friday, August 17th 2012, 9:41pm

How do you know whether it's writeable or not?
Right click on folder, properties and then I'd have to find a PC with XP, because I forgot... :D
but when I go to the Load Game menu, there's nothing again.
That's strange... Don't know what else you could do...

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 8:16pm

Right click on folder, properties and then I'd have to find a PC with XP, because I forgot... :D
Alright, I'll right click the folder, properties and see whether there's something that says "Writeable" or something of that sorts. :D
That's strange... Don't know what else you could do...
Me neither. ?( But I might get a whole new computer (not because of AoD doesn't save the game! ;-) ) in the near future, so maybe that'd solve the problem. At least it might be worth trying, since my current computer is rather old and it has had numerous of problems in the course of these many years.

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 7:14am

Ah, I'd like a new PC, too. Mine is getting old again... Well, no money for that at the moment! :-/

As for your problem, it might just be some kind of AoD glitch, that game is so buggy... Have you tried it without the patches? I think one of these changed the way the game made quick saves, so maybe there's the problems...

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 9:18am

Ah, I'd like a new PC, too. Mine is getting old again... Well, no money for that at the moment! :-/
My dad has his eyes set on a relatively cheap PC, and he'll just add some parts to it and voilá - a gaming comp! But it's 50/50 whether he'll actually buy it, he's just planning to atm. ;-)
As for your problem, it might just be some kind of AoD glitch, that game is so buggy... Have you tried it without the patches? I think one of these changed the way the game made quick saves, so maybe there's the problems...
I hadn't heard that before, thanks! :D I'll try that right away - let's see what happens... :chin

EDIT: It works! :happyjump Thank you, Wile E.! :hug Now, off I go to take some screenshots... :-)