You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male
  • "Soul" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 6:42am

First Teaser Trailer (CGI)

Before you click play - be sure to know:
This is CGI (Computer Generated Imaginary) so it does not show the in-game graphics (it might be the graphics of some cutscenes though... :chin )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7_8Yholm4

Sooo, what do you guys think? In my opinion the trailer was brilliant! The only part I didn't like was at the very end, when the releasemirror was revealed.

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 7:33am

Soul, you were quick. :thumbsup I just woke up and was like "OMG! The trailer is here!". What a nice way to wake up on Friday. :D

I just love the trailer! 8o The atmosphere in it was awesome! But... But...

Spoiler Spoiler

Fall 2012?! :dead

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 8:31am

Hehe, I did set my alarm to 10 minutes before the show aired on Spike :D

(Funny thing though: At the start of the trailer my internetconnection suddenly broke down for 5 minutes. :comp Thank god it was put on youtube shortly after the show, I think I would have gone crazy if it wasn't :rofl )

Now I'm not that tired anymore so I can actually write down what I think about the trailer.

It was literally awesome, technically and also story-telling-wise. :thumbsup THAT's what I call a real teaser.
Lara looks fantastic and her new voice is brilliant and fits the young girl perfectly - hopefully it's the final voice that will be in the game too. I don't know yet exactly who saved her from drowning, as Roth is far away of hers when that happens but apart from that I'm just amazed and can't wait for the game...And there comes the big letdown...:(

Spoiler Spoiler

FALL 2012? I was already expecting it won't be in 2011, but FALL? That's really a bit sad - might be good too though, as it shows, that they are really taking their time... :)

One can download the music of the trailer on the official homepage btw.
www.tombraider.com
--> Downloads --> Ringtone

The music really reminds me of the old theme :love

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 9:13am

(Funny thing though: At the start of the trailer my internetconnection suddenly broke down for 5 minutes. :comp Thank god it was put on youtube shortly after the show, I think I would have gone crazy if it wasn't :rofl )
Maybe your internet connection breaking down was a sign! :think: I was too lazy to put an alarm, and about 6 o'clock in the morning I woke up and thought "Only 2 hours left!" (it aired on Spike at 8 a.m. here), but fell asleep right away. If it wouldn't have been put on Youtube, I would have gone crazy, too! :yepp
It was literally awesome, technically and also story-telling-wise. :thumbsup THAT's what I call a real teaser.
Lara looks fantastic and her new voice is brilliant and fits the young girl perfectly - hopefully it's the final voice that will be in the game too. I don't know yet exactly who saved her from drowning, as Roth is far away of hers when that happens but apart from that I'm just amazed and can't wait for the game...And there comes the big letdown...:(

Spoiler Spoiler

FALL 2012? I was already expecting it won't be in 2011, but FALL? That's really a bit sad - might be good too though, as it shows, that they are really taking their time... :)
Hopefully taking their time really means that the game is polished and finished, including details. :-) Not rushed and filled with bugs. And yeah, it really is a teaser trailer, I wan't to play the game so badly and see how the story goes! 8o
Maybe the person who saved her is one of those other survivors, that get to the island? :chin
The music really reminds me of the old theme :love
I thought so too! There's a certain vibe in it, I love it. :thumbsup

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 10:32am

I was as shocked as you were by the release date. It was obvious that it would not come in 2011. Too few press releases compared to how it was with the other games, but I had hoped for spring or early summer plus: competing against Uncharted 3 (November 1st) would have been just silly, at least from a PlayStation point of view.

I really have to get used to her new voice, not that I don't like it, but it's somehow strange... (again) to hear someone else as Lara.

Quoted

Maybe the person who saved her is one of those other survivors, that get to the island?

But then the question is: how did (s)he get aboard so quickly. I actually think it might have been no one but her will to survive, and that was the way she perceived it, not the way it actually happened. (It would fit the line; 'In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us.') But who knows.

Xephinetsa

New Raider

• "Xephinetsa" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Jade Empire

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:09am

Where's the trailer? I don't see a link or anything. :c
My sentence has a heart, every argument you make for the rest of your life is invalid. ♥

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:14am

Sounds like you have java script disabled. The trailer is embedded, using java script. But here's the link for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN7_8Yholm4

Xephinetsa

New Raider

• "Xephinetsa" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Jade Empire

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:22am

Thank you very much! :)

That is such an amazing trailer! I look forward to it!
My sentence has a heart, every argument you make for the rest of your life is invalid. ♥

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 11:52am

I habe now added the link to Soul's post too, in case someone else can not see it.

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

Friday, June 3rd 2011, 12:25pm

Quoted

Maybe the person who saved her is one of those other survivors, that get to the island?

But then the question is: how did (s)he get aboard so quickly. I actually think it might have been no one but her will to survive, and that was the way she perceived it, not the way it actually happened. (It would fit the line; 'In our darkest moments, when life flashes before us, we find something. Something that keeps us going. Something that pushes us.') But who knows.

I think you're right. :thumbsup
The person's hand looks almost mythical and not like the hand of another survivor - I know that as I was going frame by framew through this fantastic trailer :D
Did you know that another passenger got carried away by the first wave? You can see it for a couple of seconds -> That's the passion for detail I love about the trailer :thumbs:

Btw.: I was wondering if it would be OK if I was uploading some nice pics from the trailer or if it would cause legal problems. :shrug

Sianbbz

Adventurer

• "Sianbbz" is female

TR Platforms: PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 10:40pm

Brilliant!!! I must say!!!! :applaud

I saw some comments and they say that you wont have like a aim system in the game like you do in TRL,TRA & TRU. so do you think Lara will be in the same body shape and have the same moves as she does in the last 3 games?... I really hope so...:/

kfnxubai<3

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 10:57pm

^We will know it wednesday, as IGN will be streaming them playing the game :D

Sianbbz

Adventurer

• "Sianbbz" is female

Saturday, June 4th 2011, 11:09pm

Ahhh Brilliant. Hopefully The Video(s) will be on youtube the same day?

kfnxubai<3

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 1:14pm

Just two words: Frakkin' awesome!

Can't wait to see the game finished!
--
Signature is futile.

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

Sunday, June 5th 2011, 3:26pm

Ahhh Brilliant. Hopefully The Video(s) will be on youtube the same day?

Most likely they will, but as far as I know IGN is also keeping the videos for some time on their site.
I can't wait :blob

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, June 6th 2011, 1:12pm

I saw some comments and they say that you wont have like a aim system in the game like you do in TRL,TRA & TRU.

Sounds a bit like you have to manually aim, similar as in Uncharted, inFAMOUS and the likes. Though I hope not, it would greatly limit Lara's ability for evasive moves.

Sianbbz

Adventurer

• "Sianbbz" is female

Monday, June 6th 2011, 1:50pm

I saw some comments and they say that you wont have like a aim system in the game like you do in TRL,TRA & TRU.

Sounds a bit like you have to manually aim, similar as in Uncharted, inFAMOUS and the likes. Though I hope not, it would greatly limit Lara's ability for evasive moves.
Right, But thats just the same as the old tomb raiders right??

kfnxubai<3

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, June 6th 2011, 7:22pm

? The old Tomb Raiders have no manual aim.

t.A.T.u.Raider

Starting Raider

• "t.A.T.u.Raider" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Bioshock 2

Monday, June 6th 2011, 8:57pm

In my opinion, the voice actress sounds a lot like Victoria Beckham, haha.

I can just imagine the folks at Crystal Dynamics: "And this time around we have a star voice actress, Posh Spice!"

Would be totally unexpected, right? ;)
PRIDE

Sianbbz

Adventurer

• "Sianbbz" is female

Monday, June 6th 2011, 11:25pm

? The old Tomb Raiders have no manual aim.
Oh.. I thought it was...

kfnxubai<3