You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Marissa

New Raider

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 12:16am

question

what is a cheat cd? How can I get one
MS

Marissa

New Raider

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 2:28am

does someone know how to access the flycheat for PS2? I also wanted to know if I could get the level skip buttons for NTSC version of PS2, could someone give me step by step instructions on what buttons to press? Thanks
MS

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, May 30th 2004, 10:40am

That's a cd you put in your playstation. It loads the cheats into the memory. Then you boot the game cd while the playstation is still on and the cheats will be active. (The only way I got cheats working so far)

These were available with different games magazines when AoD was brand new. There is also something called Action Replay which is still available but very expensive since it contains cheats for countless games:

http://www.codejunkies.com/

Unregistered

Thursday, June 17th 2004, 12:55pm

that program you said we can download...... where do i have to download it? I mean... in which place in my pc? :roll:
please help me........
:ouch: thanx :???:

Joker

Unregistered

Thursday, June 17th 2004, 1:56pm

If you mean SCU, you can download and install it anywhere in your PC. Once you run the program, you just have to browse the folder where you have installed AOD. Default path C:\ Program Files\ Eidos Interactive\ TRAOD.

Unregistered

Thursday, June 17th 2004, 2:00pm

and how does it work????

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, June 17th 2004, 3:52pm

You just have to start the traodscu.exe

At TRAOD Destination folder you have to enter the AOD Game Patch, as Joker has mentioned it.

nielw

Unregistered

Thursday, July 8th 2004, 4:15pm

Do I have a different version or something?

I can't get any of the cheats to work for the PS2 version (how do I find out if it's NTSC or PAL?) Also, I don't have a "Controls" option in the Options menu. Just Audio and Video. Did they do a new release with these changes?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, July 8th 2004, 5:43pm

There is no control option, is it in the handbook? Then it's a missprint. You cannot change the control settings.

I couldn't get the cheats running either (on PAL that is). They are from some games magazine... I don't have any others, sorry. A cheats CD (action replay) might help.

nielw

Unregistered

Friday, July 9th 2004, 12:49am

PAL/NTSC?

How do you know if it's PAL or NTSC? Also, when the cheats say DOWN or RIGHT, is that the D-pad, or analog?

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Friday, July 9th 2004, 9:14pm

I dunno... :???:
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, July 9th 2004, 11:16pm

I had another look and they definitely work on the PAL Version of the game. It seems the NTSC Version uses the same codes. At least some american sites have the same codes listed.
You have to be ultra quick when entering the last string. Here is the cheat again:

While in game press :start: to enter the menu. Now press and hold :l1: :r2: :triangle: :down: together. Release them and quickly press (ultra fast!!!) :circle: :up: :square: :triangle: :right: :down:

(Use UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT on the D-Pad, not the Analog Stick!)

PlayStation only, so please if you have the PC Version don't ask where you can find any of the buttons. :-D

LarasLilGirl

Advanced Raider

• "LarasLilGirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Saturday, July 31st 2004, 8:15pm

cheats

the game was coded for cheats not to work exspecialy on the PS2 and AOD game

Angels Deserve to Die

Multiview

New Raider

• "Multiview" is male

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 7:41pm

Hi, my first post here. I found this place while doing an Expert's challenge search + AOD.

I'm one of those people who try and find unique ways of getting thru Tombraider and find hidden, forbidden, or locked levels.

I only have the PS2 version of AOD and am still learning/mastering the moves of Lara.

I got a few suggestions for NEWBIES or people generally new to this version which might help them.

I tried to do the LEVEL SKIP cheat and failed many times ....... Least until I plugged in my old PS1 Controller, which has better buttons than the newer controller which seems less sensitive.

The code does work for PS2 exactly as Tombraidergirl described. Although I do say, it was frustrating not getting it before..... I have seen it on dozens of sites around the web and none of them mentioned anything about which UP/DOWN pad you use. I am referring to the choice between the "D-PAD" and the ANALOG stick.
Clearing that up made it easier. Thanks for that TRGirl.

I don't have anything exactly new to add in the way of cheats, secrets, or unique findings yet, but I do have some TIPS for newbies.

1. When controlling Lara, it's easier to try and use BOTH ANALOG sticks at the same time. THis may seem hard at first, but use both of them with your thumbs. You can still quickly shift your right thumb up to nail some important buttons like jump, roll, action... etc.
I find it much easier to keep from being a messy Lara, a messy Lara as I have described over on another forum I go to a lot, is one who runs into walls, goes sailing off cliffs, runs into the open maw of a very nasty creatue.
Using the CAMERA analog stick at the same time can help you master moving her around flawlessly. I can now run down a corridor with Lara in a perfect movement, without hitting any walls.
Eventually you'll find that you can actually turn Lara with the CAM stick. Do this by making her go straight (pushing up on the LEFT stick) and moving the cam around behind her and using the CAM stick to keep it behind her.
Over a period of time, any player will develop an automatic skill of using both analog sticks at the same time. It just takes practice.
I find I still use it sometimes even when I enter a room where the CAM is fixed from a distance. Only then will I glitch up just a tad and have to correct.

2. Learning the moves on the PS2 is essential.

Lara can still do her "swan dive" - Using the left analog stick in the way she is running or facing, hold down R2 and jump + that direction.
Also, sprinting is still done when running and using R2.... but also, I notice there is no more "slide" routine she does, or no more "rolling crouch" but you can quickly change directions in mid-sprint and sprint the opposite way. Very useful in a tough situation!

When Lara is in a crawl position on a ledge with a ledge below she can roll straight out of it onto the ground.
She can also backflip onto a ledge below OR backflip to grab the ledge.
Makes me wonder how many other combinations of the L1 and other shoulder buttons there are that can help her do certain things.

One POSSIBLE CHEAT, I have heard about and nearly done myself.... is the infamous "USE ACTION" while falling on top of an item trick.
Supposedly, if you fall a great distance on top of or near an item, door, or lever....... a fall that would normally kill Lara can be averted if you are fast enough to press ACTION when you see that hand crop up.
Lara will decide to stop and perform the action of opening a door, picking up an item, pulling a lever or switch rather than dying on the pavement from a nasty fall.

3. Re-loading a saved game when underwater will replenish your oxygen supply. ;) Very useful on the level where you have to move those two statues underwater.

4. Never waste good ammo on those skeletons..... then again, Lara has so much ammo in this game and not enough stuff to shoot, that it really doesn't matter.... but if you really do want to conserve ammo... Just simply hang back when a skeleton approaches, and get ready to KICK the dust off of him. Kick him back until he falls of a ledge. This will kill the skeleton and is the only way to do so in this game since there is no good ole grenade gun, crossbow, or bazooka like in previous games.

5. Kill as many guards as you can by creeping up on them. It's FUN!
Part of the fun in AOD is all the creeping around and taking guards out. I also discovered there seem to be more pickups when you do this as opposed to just shooting them.

6. Shooting: TAP that action button rather than holding it. You will get faster shots big time. Very useful for Kurtis on the Boaz level. Makes things a lot easier to nail it.... then jump sideways while still holding the gun and hit those wing thingies.

That's all for now.... I better keep my posts short here lest TRgirl take a disliking to me :wink:

Multiview

New Raider

• "Multiview" is male

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 8:08pm

Forgot to mention.......

To walk backwards.... or setup a running jump (hehe.... it still works baby!)
HOLD L1 Shoulder button down (the walk button) and use the stick to move Lara in the opposite direction she is facing and she will stomp backwards.... you can drive Lara around completely backwards using this!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 8:39pm

Welcome to the forum.

Very useful information I have to admit, some of the stuff I have to try I guess.

As for Number 5. That Stealth Attack is a really good move. I tried to get as many of the guards in the Serpent Rouge and in the Louvre as possible.

By the way, don't worry, I have nothing against long posts, as long as they are where they belong. ;-)

Multiview

New Raider

• "Multiview" is male

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 9:12pm

Thanks!

Here is yet another tip: On PS2 of course....

the "D-PAD" does have a use after all....... and not just for entering those codes on doorlocks either.... you can cycle thru weapons with it.

Sit there and watch Lara's pistols, and then weapons on her back change shape and color as you use the D PAD to cycle thru them.

TRGirl...... have you noticed most of the popular walkthru's for AOD leave out simple things? A lot of walkthru's I've seen always say there is no kills on that first training level for example.... Heh.... you can sneak up and kill the first guard you encounter when you get the key for the apartments.

Lots of walkthrus leave that out. I've also heard stories that there is no gunfire support for that level? I got it in PS2.
Only thing.... you can't kill either dogs on the begining level.
Yes, I said dogs. There is a second one behind the very door that Lara is in front of as soon as the game starts.... for some reason it can only kill her if she stands too close to that door and if she is in walk mode. Of course the door doesn't open.
I am dying to try and find a way to get in that second training level, but no luck so far.

One thing I do hate about AOD....is invisible walls that stop her in mid jump. Those drive me up a wall

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 9:47pm

Quoted

Original von Multiview

TRGirl...... have you noticed most of the popular walkthru's for AOD leave out simple things? A lot of walkthru's I've seen always say there is no kills on that first training level for example.... Heh.... you can sneak up and kill the first guard you encounter when you get the key for the apartments.

I've included that, I even recommend to do so, as it is a good practice, the guy there is half asleep, he is pretty easy to bring down.

Quote from the wt:

Quoted

This part is unnecessary, but you should practise: Now sneak up the stairs and approach the guy from the back. While standing behind him press action to take him down.

You said there is a second dog? I don't recall noticing it, well I guess I have to watch out again.

As for the weapons, we don't have any bullets, but she pulls the trigger.

Multiview

New Raider

• "Multiview" is male

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 9:57pm

That's odd...... I had 5 bullets in the one gun.

Maybe it depends on her loading it. Because I went and tried shooting the dog.

For some reason she wouldn't even aim at the dog. The 2nd dog you cannot see, but hear, and he is definitely there.
Also, there might even be a third dog, as I died once in front of that doorway where the medpack and locked gate-door is. Once the one dog barks.... I guess it alerts some behind those two doors because I died in both places via dog bites from dogs on the other side of the doors. Both times I was in WALK mode.
Maybe a bug?

Here is what I did on the first level to get bullets..... er.. I think.

I didn't go in the room when I first encounter it.... instead.... I go straight up to the roof and get the crowbar first.... THEN I go back down and get everything in there. Check the weapons... and check any ammo.

I know I've done this because I've had 5 shots with one of the weapons and I could have swore I had 2 bullets in another gun..... (or maybe that was by the 2nd level)
But I know for a fact I tried shooting that dog and I wasted all 5 bullets and she wouldn't even aim at him.

I went and reloaded the game with the sole purpose of trying to find things to shoot thru.... but alas, this isn't TR 3 or even TR4 where she can destroy things with her gun like hidden grates.

I still have yet to find a decent secret in this game. I guess that's why CORE Design just lost the contract with Eidos recently....
Have you noticed Lara can't jump and grab a lot of normal looking ledges here and there?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, November 22nd 2004, 10:13pm

Strangely enough thats exactly what I did just now, getting the crowbar and the gun, and then going back down, nothing, no bullets.

But I believe you when you say you had ammo. I am having a Platinum Version (since I started off on the PC when the game was new). As strange as it may sound, they have fixed some bugs, alas the funny ones, like the one where you go back and forth between the level sections in the ghetto and get all pickups multiple times. I was very sad when I found out.

Now I am going to try it on the PC I guess.