You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

muld@n

Advanced Raider

• "muld@n" is male
  • "muld@n" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 and COD

Friday, August 7th 2009, 4:17am

It makes me sad

I loved this site a few years back and it almost seems as if its dieing...is this true? He11 will i even get a response?
August 23, 1945-April 4, 1999 The Attack Comes Not From The Front, But From The Side
“There are two kinds of Browncoats: Those within the fictional story of Firefly & those outside the story. We are the latter.”

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Friday, August 7th 2009, 3:54pm

In this case, welcome back oldschool member :-)

Yep, you're right, while the German part is quite active it doesn't seem to apply to the English part anymore. There's still a few users left who post on a more or less regular basis though. If you know a few other members from back then feel free to encourage them to visit once in a while!
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

AmandasGirl

Starting Raider

• "AmandasGirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Saturday, August 8th 2009, 9:00am

i think its fine! lol

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, August 9th 2009, 12:43pm

Yeah, it's been quiet. :(

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Sunday, August 9th 2009, 5:03pm

I did notice that the majority of the English users are of ages whereby there is a lot going on in their day to day lives. Such as exams etc.

Lara x Amanda <3

muld@n

Advanced Raider

• "muld@n" is male

Monday, August 10th 2009, 3:48am

Tho not a Brit that was my problem. Haven't even gotten the new game yet I've been so swamped
August 23, 1945-April 4, 1999 The Attack Comes Not From The Front, But From The Side
“There are two kinds of Browncoats: Those within the fictional story of Firefly & those outside the story. We are the latter.”

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

Monday, August 10th 2009, 6:50pm

Me neither :|

Nor do I have any console which will play Underworld :|

Lara x Amanda <3

muld@n

Advanced Raider

• "muld@n" is male

Tuesday, August 11th 2009, 5:10am

Well I think i found your problem lolz ;)

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

Tuesday, August 11th 2009, 11:40pm

Part of it, at least [hehe]

I figure buying a PS3 (I'd never touch an XBox360) would be a waste of money. I'd only play Tomb Raider and the upcoming FinalFantasy XIII games. And given that I'm studying for my finals at Alevel and bending over backwards to get into the best Medical school in Britain, I'd be lucky to find time to cherish them. So I guess I'll just watch the cutscenes and read the fanfics.

Lara x Amanda <3

Grape

Spam King

• "Grape" is male

TR Platforms: PC, Mac

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 10:59pm

yea English side seems more or less dead :(

good luck with your med school aspirations!

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Wednesday, February 10th 2010, 11:14am

yea English side seems more or less dead :(
Sad but true... I don't know why there's no one here anymore. Maybe we should start a "Save the English Forum" campaign! ;-)
--
Signature is futile.

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 3:49pm

Sad but true... I don't know why there's no one here anymore. Maybe we should start a "Save the English Forum" campaign! ;-)

I know that the last reply to this post was 327 days ago, almost a year, but this is a thread worth reviving! I agree with that campaign idea! :thumbs: Occasionally, I feel like I'm spamming since there aren't much English members online. ;( Don't know if I should start studying German or visite the German threads with the help of Google Translator....

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 4:10pm

I see what you mean and it's really sad, that there are hardly any users now except you and Grape :(

But how to make a forum attractive again to the old crowd (Skinny-Jeans, Catracoth, obi-wan, MasterofDesaster)?

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 6:26pm

But how to make a forum attractive again to the old crowd (Skinny-Jeans, Catracoth, obi-wan, MasterofDesaster)?

Hmm... That's a good question. Spamming PM inboxes? [hehe] Just kidding. :grins One possibility could be that the future release of Tomb Raider 9 would increase the amount of active members, including the old crowd perhaps. Also people might be too busy due to schoolwork etc. If there are members in the German part of the forum who could visit the English part too and then when some old crowd members take a look at the Main Page with all the new posts and activity, they'd think "Hey! I'd better take a closer look!" :think:

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

Monday, January 3rd 2011, 8:26pm

Yeah, you're right. I must admit, I've been here in the English part of the forum far less often than I intended...

I hoped that the announcement of TR9 would attract more new useres as well as motivate some of the old ones to come back, but sadly that hasn't happend yet.
--
Signature is futile.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TR Underworld

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 4:36am

it might get better once the silly season is over :sun:
I came.... I saw... I wondered.......!

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

Tuesday, January 4th 2011, 12:20pm

<sing> 'tis the season to go crazy, la la la la laa la la la laaah... </sing> ;-)
--
Signature is futile.

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 11:33am

I wonder if it'd be possible to make sort of a poll or something about the amount of members in the English forum and German forum (and maybe those who visit both?). But I guess the result would be quite obvious: vast majority would be German and tiny minority English...

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 11:49am

Well the german part of the forum is atm definitely in the leads, you're right.

I also thought, that the new TR might attract other people to this forum but if one's looking at the english forum as a potential new user he will just see, that it's basically dead and won't registrate.
Also the only activity is in the Off Topic-part of the forums and most of the new users, who come here to talk about the new TR forum aren't interested in that, I'd say.

So the only thing we can do is post here more often, anyone wants to start a nice discussion about the new TR? I somehow miss something like that in the german part ^^

Wednesday, January 5th 2011, 12:13pm

anyone wants to start a nice discussion about the new TR?

Let's see what happens to my screenshot thread... :-)
Hopefully as the release of the new game comes closer and people start having a huge amount of things to discuss about it, it'll show here too.