You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male
  • "ostercy" started this thread

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Friday, March 27th 2009, 12:52pm

Locked pages

There are a few pages on Wiki Raider that are locked for editing. Is there a master list of these protected pages? Would it be worth creating a "Protected" tab? Are pages that are locked unlocked again after a time? :cheer

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, March 27th 2009, 6:11pm

Pages that are locked have been locked by me manually, for most of them had a good reason at the time.
I will look into it during the next days and create a list, plus unlock all articles that don't have to be locked anymore.

If you'd like to report and locked pages you want opened, please feel free to post them here. ;-)

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 9:03am

There's the Angel of Darkness entry, for example, but I also came across some rather weird ones - but I can't remember what they are. I'll post here if I find them again.

If there's a list like {{tr3baddies}} where do you go to edit it? I've been removing dead links and the lists contain some.

I've also put a note on some dead pages that ought to be removed as I can't delete them myself.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 3:16pm

Please don't remove "dead links" especially when I set them up. It is more likely that the related pages are missing and should be created. In the rare cases where there is already an article under a different name a redirect should be set up.

{{"Name"}} are templates and they can be found at:
http://wikiraider.com/index.php/Template:"Name"

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 8:02pm

OK, although there are some hot links to pages that will probably never be written (such as to "Rue Dominique"). But I'll leave all the "dead" hot links alone in future. :)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 9:54pm

If the link has been placed there by me, you can be certain, that I had a reason for it. Even though Rue Dominique may not seem important to you, I see it differently.

Imagine you are playing The Angel of Darkness and you are lost, but you know (from the contact) that you need to get to Rue Dominique, so would you not like to enter the phrase into WikiRaider and be presented with a map and a detailed description on how to get there? There are a LOOOOT of things that still need to go into WikiRaider (both English and German) and I have a lot on my hands so I cannot do it all alone. (I am still hoping for a perfect soulmate who understands my intentions completely to show up and help with it...) To show others the direction I want WikiRaider to go, I need this links intact. Even though you do not see the relevance, hopefully there will be people besides me who do and who will help.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

Monday, March 30th 2009, 12:56pm

Sorry - I didn't realise I was deleting links you wanted to keep. I thought I was doing a useful job tidying up (!) :flare I'll leave links to pages that aren't there alone in future. I can't really help with the missing pages about TR comics or the TR card game I'm afraid, but I'm sure someone else will. :thumbsup