You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male
  • "Catracoth" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 11:28pm

Official Lara's Shadow Discussion

Tomb Raider Underworld
Lara's Shadow
.:Official Discussion:.
Now that the first piece of Tomb Raider Underworld's downloadable content has been released (Beneath the Ashes), I thought it a good idea to make an official discussion thread, separating the two for separate discussion. However, the rules listed here: Attention! All Users Read Before Posting! still apply (not meant to be followed until Lara's Shadow is released), so please keep them in mind around March 10th.

The official Tomb Raider website has released official information and four screenshots from Lara's Shadow today:

FEATURES
- Brand new mission and level introducing a hot and furious killing machine as a new playable character.
- Be the Doppelganger – Lara’s deadly double and play with her unique ‘Shadow Powers’.
- Use Shadow Power to slow time and massively increase the speed and force of her devastating melee attacks.
- Utilize Shadow Power to grab and move along surfaces that would be too dangerous and tough for Lara to ever climb.
- Gunplay gets serious with Shadow Fire; the weapon’s speed, accuracy and impact shatters impossibly dangerous enemies into pieces.
- 125 Achievement points.

Also, the WikiRaider section is being updated to add this coverage.

http://www.tombraider.com/server.php?show=nav.572
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Monday, March 9th 2009, 11:24pm

The official trailer has been released today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUdRcgaUECU

Do not read the following spoiler unless you've watched the trailer or do not care to be spoiled.

Spoiler Spoiler

I can't believe the Doppelganger speaks, [hehe] !! She sounds so amazing, yet so malicious. I love it!
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Monday, March 9th 2009, 11:48pm

I totally agree with you, Cat. :D

Spoiler Spoiler

I was just 8| when I saw her speaking. First I was shocked, that it was Laras voice, but then I realised, that it wasn't exactly Laras voice. It was malicious, as you said :thumbs: I'm so looking forward to this DLC, it will be EPIC, I'm sure. Btw: I love her combat moves. I wouldn't say no, if there were two levels with the Doppelganger in next TR. Have you seen how she has threw the thrall into the air and then took out her pistols to shoot at him, while he was still falling? This scene reminded me a lot of Devil May Cry. Just epic :blob

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 4:14pm

If you want even more spoilers

... check out Wiki Raider :tux:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 8:02pm

Jesus H. Christ if this isn't looking like the best game ever made. I'm downloading it now, a bit upset I was spoiled over at TRF; people don't know how to use spoiler tags, :mad: ! Anyway, I added a story summary to WikiRaider:

Spoiler Spoiler

The story begins with a scene from Tomb Raider Underworld; Lara and the Doppelganger are fighting in Helheim just after Jacqueline Natla left to raise the Midgard Serpent. After getting the better hand, the Doppelganger is about to kill Lara until Amanda Evert intervenes and hurls the Doppelganger over the cliff with her powers from her Wraith Stone. Having assumed that the Doppelganger fell into the pool of Eitr, we learn she didn't touch Jormungandr's poison, but instead hit the ground just next to the pool. She awakens after Lara and Amanda escape and head into the main room to find a severely injured Natla, her skin peeled and deteriorating, her wings ripped and messed up.

"I like your new look," the Doppelganger grins.

Natla doesn't find her statement at all humorous. "There's too much Lara in you for your own good, slave," she remarks, emphasis on the word. She realizes the Doppelganger is still laughing about it and gets angry. "Ohk Eshivar!" The Doppelganger's smile fades and she stands straight, listening to Natla's commands. "Take me to your birthplace, now."

The Doppelganger helps Natla up and carries her to where she was created by Amanda and the Atlantean Queen. The room looks like a throne room with a seat in a pod in the center of the room. The Doppelganger helps Natla into it, who then realizes the power is down. "Amanda cut the power. Go reactivate it, but be careful - this machine is useless to me damaged. Once power's restored, return here for further instructions."

The Doppelganger goes through the entire temple, finds the generator and restores power to it. Returning to Natla, she stands before her to hear her new orders. "Is the device undamaged?" Natla asks. The Doppelganger tilts her head, giving Natla a look as if she wanted to say 'It'll be fine'. "Good. Perhaps Amanda isn't entirely useless. You however, this are your final orders: find Lara Croft and kill her. Once she is dead, end your own life as well."

The Doppelganger's smile fades, her eyes narrowing in disbelief and anger. Fire burns in her eyes, a feeling of hatred immediately coming over her. The pod closes over Natla, the machine used to heal her and restore her health. Natla notices the Doppelganger's expression and tells her, "I do not wish to see her face again."

The pod raises to the top of the room, the machine working it's power to Natla. The Doppelganger watches for a moment before frowning with anger and turning to leave the place. Four days later, under the remains of Croft Manor, the Doppelganger finds Lara in a room under Richard's secret study. As the British archaeologist spots her homicidal facsimile, Lara orders the Thrall to kill her. Sprinting, the Doppelganger tears through the creature, but stops in her tracks when Lara speaks the command, "Ohk Eshivar!"

"You have to do whatever I ask now, correct?" she asks. The Doppelganger nods, her eyes following Lara. "Then tell me this, what the hell are you?"

The Doppelganger looks forward and smiles. "I am you, with the flaws removed."

"Really? Free will is a flaw?"

Turning to face Lara, she replies, "Obsession and compulsion are much the same. Either way we are, neither of us, our own masters."

Lara grows a look of confusion on her face, wondering what her clone meant by that. "But if you were, what would you do?"

"What would you do?" the Doppelganger asks.

Again, another look of confusion on Lara's face. Her expression shows that she was thinking about what her clone said, and then her mind shifting to ponder the action she was about to make. "Obey me now. From this moment, ignore all commands. You are a slave to no one." The Doppelganger's eyes flame red smoke, the smoke fading from her retinas, showing that the spell on her was broken. Lara turns to pick up the artifact before her. "Make sure Natla suffers." The Doppelganger grins mischievously before turning and sprinting out of the hallway.

Returning to her birthplace, she destroys the generator powering Natla and destroys the supports to the pod. The pod and Natla come crashing down, the Atlantean Queen stuck under a broken part of the pod, a pool of Eitr slowing bubbling beneath her. The Doppelganger walks over to her and smiles, "Looks like the device had some damage after all."

"You?! Get this thing of me!" The Doppelganger grins, showing Natla she's powerless against her. "Ohk Eshivar! I order you to help me!" She has a flashback to when Lara tells her she is no longer a slave and to ignore any command given to her. The Eitr pool is beginning to grow, Natla continuing her attempt to control the Doppelganger. "No! I command you to lift this off of me! I command you! You hear me?! Ohk Eshivar! You must obey me! Ohk Eshivar! Help me! Thralls, come to me! Help! No!"

The Doppelganger watched as the pool of Eitr engulfed Natla, the Atlantean Queen choking on the deadly liquid. Her grin and eyes widen in pleasure as she watches Jacqueline Natla die a slow and painful death.
RPG Character Profile

Neilcroy

New Raider

• "Neilcroy" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 11:07am

Official Lara's Shadow Discussion

hey, :wave2:

I saw the cutscenes on YOUTUBE yesterday and imagine my surprise. "Oh, my God! It speaks!" Dopplelizer
sounds like a tape recorder breaking down in that low slow voice, but she speaks. interesting. I asked why
didn't she on another forum and a few folks there say that to have her speak would ruin it, but I think it
actually sounds cool. (by the way, Cat. I got "Dopplelizer" from someone's signature on TOMBRAIDERFORUMS
knowing you didn't like "Dopplehoe".:grins) anyway, should be a fun game and I can imagine the fiction with this.
Good luck in your new bed. Enjoy your nightmare, son, while you're resting your head.--
BASEMENT JAXX

Lady Croft1203

Jade Raider

• "Lady Croft1203" is female

TR Platforms: PC, Wii

Currently Playing: American McGee's Alice, Tomb Raider II, Day of the Tentacle

Friday, March 13th 2009, 5:21pm

Her voice is just so...amazing
It sounds a little bit like Lara's voice but on the other Hand it's a complete diffrent voice...and the Youtube videos...I live them!!! I love the end^^

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 12:38pm

I haven't got Underworld, but I've watched all of the cutscenes on YouTube, and I watched the Lara's Shadow ones yesterday, and I must say the Doppleganger has become one of my favourite characters!

I think it's great that she speaks aswell, and I do love her voice.

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 1:07pm

I agree, it's a great DLC.

I never really liked the doppelganger before, but I fell in love with her somehow while playing it :D The last cutscene was really "epic" (finally something TRU-related that deserves this expression...) and gave me the chills.
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 3:51pm

Very much agreed. I loved the last Cutscene so much. It's kind of one of those "I can't stay mad at you!" moments :D

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

• "BethRaider16" is female

TR Platforms: PS1, PS2 & PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation

Monday, April 20th 2009, 10:00pm

I watched Lara's Shadow a few days ago (finally)

Spoiler Spoiler

The fact that Doppelganger *possibly* killed Natla (remember we didn't see her actually die) hasn't changed my feelings towards her. Yes, she killed Natla but it doesn't make up for what she did to Alister.

I know what you're thinking, "God! He's not real! Get over it, already!!!" but I do find it hard to accept. Truth be told, I haven't been myself since. My universe has just gone so out of balance that it's been messing up my head. I'm mildly autistic, so sue me.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 7:29am

Don't give it a second thought Beth. I know what it's like to lose a loved one, fictional or otherwise. I had an attachment to Kate McReary from Grand Theft Auto IV. When she was killed in the end, I cried for a long time eventually crying myself to sleep. I wasn't the same for weeks and I still have a bit of pain for her death lingering in my system, and I witnessed her death about a year ago, a few days after the game was released in late April '08. I can't even look at her in the game or pictures or else I might start to cry. She didn't deserve to die at all and even though her death was accidental, the death of her killer did not do me justice.
RPG Character Profile

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 9:15pm

Wow. That was...Wow. You are the first person to understand, not even my (ex)boyfriend understood and he understands everything about me. Oh I barely see now :cry I'm so happy that at least one person understands!!

I'm starting to think it's really weird that I wasn't upset at all when my grandad died and I cried my eyes out about Alister.

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 9:33pm

Ah, everyone has that feeling towards someone fictional. When Lynette from Desperate Housewives was diagnosed with cancer I bawled my eyes out. She's my favourite character so I wasn't very happy about it, naturally. Having that kind of upset towards Alister is pretty normal, I would say.

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 9:47pm

Oh don't even mention the cancer! I cried my eyes out about the freakin' possum!! (The best metaphor EVER)

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Wednesday, April 22nd 2009, 9:49pm

Aww I cried at the possum story! I cry at practically everything sad in Desperate Housewives.

Anyway, just realised we're off topic... :contract

Yeah, Lara's Shadow, great thing. :thumbsup