You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male
  • "Catracoth" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 6:53am

Croft Manor Intrusion

[ffdesc]Just a quick short story based on the events of Tomb Raider Underworld. For the record, there are no spoilers in this piece regarding Underworld since the story written here is completely fictional and has no similarities to Underworld except for the characters featured.[/ffdesc] Let me know what you think.

Croft Manor Intrusion

-
[ffstory]Lara Croft woke with a shuddering jump. It was unusually cold in her bedroom. The windows were closed, the door was closed - the temperature was 57 degrees Fahrenheit. She climbed out of bed and raised the temperature to 70 degrees. “That should do it”, she remarked. It wasn’t normal for her bedroom to be that temperature, but she hadn’t noticed the oddity.

That is, until she heard a gunshot. She leapt from her bed, grabbing her dual pistols on the way. Heading down to the foyer, she saw nothing. She turned on her heel and headed back upstairs to get dressed. Putting on black pants, boots, a white undershirt, and a black jacket, she put on her holsters and headed back downstairs to investigate.

She didn’t find anything wrong in the foyer - nothing out of place, nothing missing, no sign of anyone. She checked the security footage and gasped at what she saw. On the screen in front of her was herself coming through the main doors and shooting Zip in the arm before heading to the Trophy Room. Lara turned around and saw a spot of blood on the chair, most likely Zip’s.

Lara came out of the tech room in time to see Zip and Winston come down the stairs, a gun in Zip’s hand. Spotting Lara, he fired at her instantly. Lara dove behind the couch and pulled out her guns. Popping out of cover, she aimed at Zip, “Drop it Zip, or I’ll drop you”.

He dropped the gun and kicked it toward Lara. She holstered her guns and stood near Zip. “I saw the security footage - Zip, it wasn’t me who shot you. I think I have a--”.

“Clone!”, Winston interrupted, pointing behind Lara.

Lara turned around and came face to face with her doppelganger. She had wine-red hair, a black leather catsuit, a backpack, and dual pistols in her holsters like Lara, except she had fierce, evil eyes. Before she could react, the clone grabbed Lara’s arm, twisting it behind her. Removing her dual pistols, she threw them across the room. Swiping her foot under Lara’s, she knocked her to the ground before taking off via the main doors.

Lara quickly grabbed her guns and sprinted out the door, and saw the clone head outside the main gate. Closing it, she stood facing Lara, a cylinder-like device in her right hand. Zip, Alister, and Winston followed behind Lara as she approached the facsimile of Lara.

She stopped instantly in her tracks, however, when the doppelganger raised the device, Lara knew exactly what it was. “Bomb!”, she yelled. She ran and dove forward, as did Alister, and Zip who grabbed Winston and pulled him to safety.

Behind them, Croft Manor went up in flames - glass shattering and shooting everywhere, rubble from the manor flying in all directions. Before they knew it, Croft Manor was burning to the ground. Lara staggered to her feet, coughing violently. She looked around, but the doppelganger was nowhere to be found. Whatever she went there to get, she got it, and Lara intended to find out what it was.
[/ffstory]
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 8:42am

I guess I already mentioned it somewhere, but I so like your writing style! :-) Nice work. And - although it's supposed to be a one-shot - there are much possibilities for a continuation, for example real Lara chasing evil clone Lara.
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 8:44am

I was thinking about doing such, and having a bit of a prologue, but I must wait until after this Tuesday whereas not to spoil anything because the piece will be referenced to Underworld, [hehe] .

And thank you, RedHell, I do try to write in the best way I can.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 11:30am

Very lovely version of the events.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 2:58pm

Thank you, TRG :D !

I'm working on the prologue now and after some considerations, edits, and of course, thinking, I should have the Prologue completed in time for Tuesday.
RPG Character Profile