You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, November 14th 2008, 2:12pm

PlayStation 2 version delayed?

It seems that the PS2 version of the game - which is, as some of you might know, developed by Crystal Dynamics and Buzz Monkey - will come out later than the rest.

Several dealers have changed their release date already and this news article seems to confirm it:
http://www.investegate.co.uk/Article.asp…11110700158716H

Quoted

Tomb Raider: Underworldâ„¢ will be released to plan on 18 November in North America and 21 November in Europe on the major platforms of Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and PC Games for Windows. A PlayStation 2 version is also due for release in the New Year.

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Friday, November 14th 2008, 9:14pm

Ahh i knew they'd do a PS2 version. They've delayed a lot of PS2 releases recently. It's most likely because they want to help the PS3 sales.

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 9:42am

I think it is mostly due to the fact that the PS2 is obsolete. So it takes more time to port a new game with next gen graphics back to it.
--
Signature is futile.

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 12:42pm

So has a PS2 version been released now? If so, I would love to get it. Otherwise I'd probably have to get the PC version but I'm on a laptop in my room quite a lot of the time and the game would only make it slower to respond so I'm quite reluctant to do so.

Lady Punk

Adventurer

• "Lady Punk" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRA

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 12:44pm

Yeah, there is already a PS2-Version, but the graphic is worse.
And I think it's a little bit shorter, but I'm really not sure. ?(

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 12:50pm

Aww, nice one!

Poor graphics and such is to be expected, really. Sort of a punishment for not upgrading to PS3. Blatantly I'm asking for it :D

Might pop over to GameStation after College on Wednesday to get that then! :D :D :D

Lady Punk

Adventurer

• "Lady Punk" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRA

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 1:51pm

Hey, this is where you can buy Underworld for PS2 from british Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eidos-Tomb-Raide…37038595&sr=8-1
Hope, I could help you! :-)

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

Friday, March 20th 2009, 7:26pm

Haha, bought it today from Game, I was so happy.

As expected the graphics are pretty poor, the camera keeps moving all over the place every so often, swimming is the most annoying thing ever, she doesn't hold on to crevices and jump to other ones in the same way so you never know quite where you're going to end up, there's no medipacks, the start menu is too complicated, it takes a while to load things and go to cutscenes, you can't pause cutscenes which is annoying for me especially, and I had to find a different walkthrough to TRG's [I won't say where, I understand that's against the rules?].

Other than that rather long list, it's excellent. :D

EDIT: just to add to that, the screen went blank after

Spoiler Spoiler

the cutscene where Natla tells Lara about Thailand
and I had to start all over again because it never saved after the levels were completed.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "EmEssEn" (Mar 20th 2009, 8:22pm)