You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

monbon2004

Unregistered

Monday, July 21st 2003, 12:16am

Re: Angel of Darkness Strahov Fortress Climb boxes over fe

Have you tried to move the crap load of boxes with the pipe above it-she should feel stronger after you reorganize those boxes.

Monday, July 21st 2003, 7:56am

Angel of Darkness - Strahov Fortress

I'm over the fence, activated the saw, whitch cut trough the square pipe.
The only way I think I could get any futher is crawling trough that pipe. But I can't. I'll keep falling down. Am I missing something

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 5:39pm

Inside the pipe or before getting into the pipe? I did climb onto the roof of that ventilation shaft and hang from the side where the opening is, let go, grab ledge and pull in. (But I have the feeling that this is not what you are asking for)

Ray of Light

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 5:37am

Strahov Fortress

Help! I too am over the fence and have turned off the power. I have seen the saw cut through the graphic slabs and then cut through the pipe. It says in the notebook I need to turn off the power to the Dome but I have been all round the room, all round the pipes at the top and can't find anything to do. And how do you get back over the fence?

Ray of Light

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 5:47am

Strahov Fortress

Are you still stuck with the boxes? Here's how you do it but it's a bit long-winded. First you need to go to the boxes near the fence and push and pull both of them so they line up with the others. Put one at the side of the pile of boxes near the door but not against the door and the other round the other side of the pile, away from the fence. The idea is to give yourself an extra bit of room on the lower level of boxes so you can pull the next level of boxes around. You are aiming to get the highest box under the pipe on the ceiling so you can jump up to it, lift your legs and get over. You won't be able to do this until you have shut the electricity down and turned off the power to the fence. After some pushing and pulling, you get the usual "I'm feeling stronger now". Once you have got your boxes lined up, go to the other side of the room and pull the two boxes stacked on top of each other towards the opposite wall. From there you can climb up and do a standing jump to the power switch. You will need to hang and then get round the corner before you can pull up. Then you can hang and drop, and return to your large pile by the fence. Once you have manoeuvred the top box you can jump to the bar, lift your legs and get over the fence. If you do get over the fence and find out how to turn off the power to the Dome, let me know!!!!!

Numbnuts

Unregistered

Friday, July 25th 2003, 11:09am

Re: Strahov Fortress

Quoted

Original von Ray of Light

Help! I too am over the fence and have turned off the power. I have seen the saw cut through the graphic slabs and then cut through the pipe. It says in the notebook I need to turn off the power to the Dome but I have been all round the room, all round the pipes at the top and can't find anything to do. And how do you get back over the fence?
:ouch:

Climb up the ladder where u turned the machine on , go to the end of the control and u can jump up and grab the beam above which lets u get onto the pipe thats cut, walk to the edge of pipe and hang down, let go and grab again straight away to climb inside pipe.

tmag

Unregistered

Friday, July 25th 2003, 5:29pm

Me three!

This is what I did....

Turned on the saw (and the saw did its thing). Pulled up to the beam right next to me on that platform (actually, it is on my left side if I am looking out over the room). Walked down the beam a bit, then jumped over to the ventilation shaft on my left and pulled myself up. Walked to the end. Still holding "walk" I hit "X" (action, PS2) to hang off the edge of the ventialtion shaft. I tapped "X" again to grab the inner ledge. I pulled myself up into the shaft and crawled to the end (tried both commando and non-commando crawl).

This is where I get stuck. The guide says, "Drop down at the end of the shaft using the action button." I will not drop down. I tried every bloody button and combination of buttons and she won't perform a somersault off the end of the shaft, and no FMV is triggered either. What a pain.

The next button I hit was "off" and I haven't touched it since. :x

Saturday, July 26th 2003, 4:15pm

fence

:-? how the hell do i get over the fence after i shoot the dogs :ouch:

tmag

Unregistered

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 3:27pm

Update

OK. I restarted the game a few times (turned off the playstation, and let it rest before coming back to it) and the invisible wall bug went away. I was able to drop down using the action button (X) at the end of the pipe. Weird. Unfortunately, this is not the only time I have experienced a bug while playing the game. For example, I also had to do a multiple restart in the Monstrom Crime Scene Level due to extreme slowdown (the snow was the problem, I think). I would blame my Playstation, but have never had any other game act up. Very frustrating.

Anyway, people on other boards have experienced problems getting into the air duct (ventilation shaft). They are performing the move correctly (double-tapping the X button), but she won't grab the inner ledge. It's as if there is an invisble wall there (like I experienced at the end of the shaft). Maybe my method of restarting the machine a few times over several days will help with this problem too, I don't know.

I'm just glad I'm almost done with this buggy POS. I'm just limping through it because I love Lara so much. Thank god the new movie is really good, because I think this title has the ability to kill the license.

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 5:55pm

AOD has loads of bugs, but it's the best Tomb Raider so far. Strahov Fortress level bites - but wait till you get to the Bio reasearch lab and the Sanitarium.

How do you know the new movie is good? you seen it? is it better than the first one?

tmag

Unregistered

Monday, July 28th 2003, 4:00am

The whole reason I bought a PS was to play the first Tomb Raider game. I've played every TR game available for PS at least twice. Obviously, I am a diehard TR fan.

This level isn't particularly difficult. However, when you play a game that has invisble walls that make it IMPOSSIBLE to continue (without using a level skip cheat) -- the level seems very difficult! Like I said, this type of slowdown/stop bug has happened to me (and other people) multiple times. I have read other boards that discuss other fatal and annoying bugs that I have not run into.

Biodome level was very pretty, but not difficult. Some parts of the Hall of Seasons were very difficult -- although, this was about half due to the "odd" controls (I say, jump forward, and she does a side jump). The most difficult parts of this game were either due to bugs like the one on this level, or poor controls (Remember climbing up to the red ghost room and not being able to make it in time due to ??? Lara getting a toenail stuck?? That took me about 30 reloads!). The puzzles are extremely easy, there are hardly any enemies compared to the other games, etc.

Yes, the story is more interesting than other TR games, there are some nice effects, but it doesn't make up for the many faults. Faults that are inexusable because there is so much on the line for this game. This was supposed to bring new fans to the title, but this game has had the opposite effect. Very unfortunate. So I guess I totally disagree. This is NOT the best TR so far. Only the shrinking fanbase (us) likes it, and if it continues this way, there will be no more TR games.

Our saving grace is AJ in the TR movies. I saw the latest one and it is really great. I loved it! A better story than the last one. I hope this helps hold the title a while longer. Maybe the next game will have a product manger with more guts! We can only hope!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, July 28th 2003, 9:22pm

Quoted

Original von Guppy

I'm trying to get into the bio dome but you have to jump overa tall fence with steam at the top of it. I can see you need to drag the double crates over to switch the steam off but she does not have the strength please can someone tell me where the up grade is i have been looking for ages!! :ouch:

Practice by pushing and pulling the crates. You have to push the upper crate towards the fence once.

Have a look at these screenshots
http://tombraidergirl.de/tr6/festung3.html

Friday, August 1st 2003, 7:26am

Strahof Fortress

I'm stuck at the start of this level. I assume she needs to get onto the moving container , but how? Please!

Friday, August 1st 2003, 2:27pm

You don't need to get into the moving container. Once the top container has been moved, jump onto the ground level ones then jump onto the two story one (the one which the top container came off). Once ther, look for a sort of Airconditioning system theing, with mesh, on the wall. Jump onto the that. Once there, jump onto the dividing wall, and over the fence. Then you can continue.

(This is all assuming your at the start of the level)

frankyboy

Unregistered

Saturday, August 2nd 2003, 1:16pm

Re: Angel of Darkness-Strahof Fortress

Quoted

Original von Martaman

I'm over the fence, activated the saw, whitch cut trough the square pipe.
The only way I think I could get any futher is crawling trough that pipe. But I can't. I'll keep falling down. Am I missing something

Same problem I've had! Seems to be a fault in the game. Here is my solution, (after 100 reloads) that should hopefully work: You are standing with your back on top of that pipe directly at the end, where the saw is visible, right? Do not climb over the edge, instead turn LARA 90 degree and climb dowm at the side of that pipe (I used the left) and hang over the corner to the pipe opening. Of course, the action-button is always pressed. Now, you have the same situation as if you climbed directly over the pipe front end. But now, it works: Double click on the action-button "tap-tap" and LARA catches the bottom edge of this dammed pipe.

desperado

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 9:22pm

Re: Me three!

Quoted

Original von tmag

This is what I did....

Turned on the saw (and the saw did its thing). Pulled up to the beam right next to me on that platform (actually, it is on my left side if I am looking out over the room). Walked down the beam a bit, then jumped over to the ventilation shaft on my left and pulled myself up. Walked to the end. Still holding "walk" I hit "X" (action, PS2) to hang off the edge of the ventialtion shaft. I tapped "X" again to grab the inner ledge. I pulled myself up into the shaft and crawled to the end (tried both commando and non-commando crawl).

This is where I get stuck. The guide says, "Drop down at the end of the shaft using the action button." I will not drop down. I tried every bloody button and combination of buttons and she won't perform a somersault off the end of the shaft, and no FMV is triggered either. What a pain.

The next button I hit was "off" and I haven't touched it since. :x
:cry:

At least it's re-assuring that somebody else has the exact same problem. I thought it was something I was missing. Has anybody else got past this problem and if so how ? PLEEEASE !!!

Tuesday, August 5th 2003, 11:51pm

Hold on people, this ain't a situation where you need to be somersaulting off(!!!).

Just walk to the end of the vent, drop off and grabhold of the vent top. Then release the action button, then immedietly press it agin to grab hold of the bottom of the vent. Once there, pull yourself into the vent.

Mané

Unregistered

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 5:45am

I can´t drop down in an edge when im ducking.

I have entered the shaft, but in the end i can´t make Lara hang down the edge, so she can drop. And it´s not only in this level, in AOD i can never do that movement.
Is this a bug, or have i some trouble with my keyboard? i have tried every combination of keys i could think.
Please, if anyone has a saved game just after she passes the shaft, i would be forever grateful. :(

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 7:08pm

Quoted

Original von Christof2

AOD has loads of bugs, but it's the best Tomb Raider so far. Strahov Fortress level bites - but wait till you get to the Bio reasearch lab and the Sanitarium.

How do you know the new movie is good? you seen it? is it better than the first one?

The only reason there are bugs is because Core had to release it before they could finish it and clear off the bugs! :( All the greedy fans brought this on themselves!
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 9:54pm

I was not one of the greedy ones... I was very patient and I would have liked to wait a while longer for a better, bug-free game.