You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 2:00pm

Introduction of Lead Editors

I have put some thoughts into the wiki over the last days, and I have now decided that I want to introduce something I call "Lead Editors".

(This is the first draft for it, work in progress. ;-) )

I want to split the Wiki into sections. Each of this section may get its own portal page.
(At the moment I have four portals already: Games, Comics, Level Building, Movies - in the German wiki they have all been filled with content already.)
Games should probably be split again. (Either into each Game, or something like "Core Section", "Crystal Dynamics Section".) And there are a lot of other parts to consider (something like Fan Made or Fan Fiction, Fan Art... individually)

Now each section gets its own Lead Editor, a person overlooking the whole section. Someone who is able to see all the connections, to order articles in Categories and so on. This person should also serve as mentor for each new editor and make suggestions about changes (mainly concerning his part of the wiki; e.g. changes to info boxes) to ... well basically ... me ;-)

I would welcome any suggestions.

I want ostercy and cat to be the first two Lead Editors, so I would like to hear from you two how you think we should split things and what you would like to supervise.

As for other potential Lead Editors: long term members of this community (site, wiki or forum) or well known members of the Tomb Raider Community in general have better chances at getting a Lead Editor position. Others should start as exemplary members in the wiki and basically do a good job at organizing articles.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 5:25pm

Team Editors

Um ... I guess I know most about fan fiction and fan art, and about TR1-6, the Core years. Obviously I'd like to keep working on the fan fiction pages most of all. I know less about the CD games, the movies, or the comics.

So if it was up to me;

Me (very old person :ghost ); Core Design section (TR1-6), fan fiction, fan art, news about fans, discussion forums and fan websites
Cat (younger person :blob ); Crystal Dynamics section (TR7 onwards, handheld games), TR movies, fan made films, youtube, fan made games, level building

Not sure who would do TR comics or cosplay :) I could have a go at either. However, the main thing I care about is fan fiction and TR1-3, but I'm prepared to compromise :sun:

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 5:52pm

Obviously we have to look out for more people to take up jobs in the future, if the wiki should grow further.

I think that what you suggest is a bit too much for one person. The comics on their own span enough material for at least another person, as do the Custom Levels and the Level Editor. I would split everything into around eight categories.

Categories I have in mind:
* Games (at least 2, if not 3 sections; TR1-6 is a lot and it would make more sense to split it at least once more.)
* Movies (probably the smallest section)
* Comics
* Fan related
* Level Editor & Custom Levels (probably best as 2 sections)

(tell me if I'm forgetting something)

Not all of them need a lead editor from the start. Someone who would lead something like the Level Editor section would need extensive knowledge of the subject, so wait and see if someone comes along who does.

Remember you are always allowed to work on other parts of the Wiki, but you would have a main focus.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 7:34pm

Suggestion

How about if I do "Fan-related" then? :pat

There needs to be an Angel of Darkness Lead Editor, and the world's best AoD experts are over at kteb.net :) You could trying "hiring" there.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 11:31pm

I too have knowledge on past Tomb Raider games... :flare ...but I do prefer current and future ones, so I'll handle Crystal Dynamics' games; past, present, and future, and the movies. I don't know much about the comics, but I can study up for it.

I'm most comfortable handling the above, but I'll do anything else I need to.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."