You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LadyCroft21

New Raider

• "LadyCroft21" is female
  • "LadyCroft21" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider AOD, Half Life, RE4

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 5:34pm

The new face of Lara Croft: Alison Carroll

wasn't sure if this is where i can post this. since it has to do with
tombraider underworld it seemed to be the best place ... if its the
wrong section please move to the right section

Here is a pic of the new tombraider model for tombraider underworld... frankly i was a bit sad when i found out that karime adebibe was not the model anymore :( .... some people on several sites have said that this one is not as good as some of the ones in the past.

ALISON CARROLL NEW LARA CROFT MODEL
Alison Carroll has been unveiled as the brand new face of Lara Croft. The 23-year-old is a BGA accredited Club Coach in Tumbling, Sports Acrobatics, and General Gymnastics. She has a long association with the Bromley Valley Gymnastics Club, and the Shirley Gymnastics Club, bringing home first place trophies in regional and national competitions.

Alison continued to participate as a performing gymnast in annual gymnastic display events at Edinburgh Festival, Inverness Festival, Liverpool British Championships, Cardiff Festival, London Festival, Birmingham Ministrada and Portugal World Ministrada (representing Great Britain).

She replaces former London model Karima Adebibe, and joins an exclusive list of women who have donned hotpants and pistols to promote Lara Croft. Those include Lucy Clarkson, Jill de Jong, Lara Weller, Nell McAndrew, Rhona Mitra, Ellen Rocche and Vanessa Demouy.

See more pics on the site that reported the news:http://www.zimbio.com/Lara+Croft/article…ace+Tomb+Raider

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Friday, August 15th 2008, 1:06pm

Let's stay on topic, folks, ;-) .

Allison looks amazing as the new TR model, although I didn't see anything rumoring Karima's end - this was somewhat random. Although, I think she overdoes the anger personality. I know Lara is generally angry in Underworld, but there's no need for Allison to go overkill.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

LadyCroft21

New Raider

• "LadyCroft21" is female
  • "LadyCroft21" started this thread

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider AOD, Half Life, RE4

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:35pm

*back on topic*

Watch the video of her .... Some people say that it looks just like watching a clip from the game ... since she's so flexible and has the gymnastics training ... i gotta agree she looks more irradiated than angry ... shes trying to hard ... hopefully she will get the hang of it and do much better. This is only here first photo shoot as the new model.... she still has a long ways to go.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 2:32pm

Where's the video?

:flare
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 2:50pm

"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

A-Jay

New Raider

• "A-Jay" is male

TR Platforms: PS2 XBox 360

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 4:23pm

She looks sympathic in the interview. Like her better than Karima Adibe, but thats just my opinion.

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 4:49pm

Like her better than Karima Adibe, but thats just my opinion.

Same here! To me, Karima was some kind of Barbie doll, not a female, confident heroine.

I like Alison a lot better now that I have watched some videos instead of just looking at her pictures. Nevertheless, I nearly fainted when she said she had a crash course in archaeology... oh my god. I bet she really believes that you can have a brief overview on something that complex and then be kind of a pro :-o
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

Grape

Spam King

• "Grape" is male

TR Platforms: PC, Mac

Friday, August 29th 2008, 6:56am

I prefer the new tr model :-) To me, the previous one didn't look much like I'd have envisioned Lara. The fact the new girl can pull off Lara's moves is pretty cool. The outfit needs to be a little classier though... the mesh sides of the top are too sporty, and the fake buckles look awful and need to be replaced with metal ones, the straps and boots should be some nice worn-looking leather, not nylon and rubber, and the shorts are obviously not tailored properly and use too light a fabric. Lara is a multimillionaire...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Grape" (Aug 29th 2008, 7:06am)

Probie

New Raider

• "Probie" is female

Currently Playing: "Half Life 2" and also "Tomb Raider The Last Revelation"

Friday, August 29th 2008, 11:25am

True Grape. Some of the costume does seem fake

Personally I like Karima more because she seemed to enjoy being Lara more, she smiled in most of her photos.
It would be nice to see Alison Carroll smile a bit more, I know that Underworld is darker but...

I think that Eidos made a good choice, Underworld does look like it has lots of gymnastics and changing the model was a good idea...but I still miss Karima.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 5:44am

Is it just me, or do the models sometimes look like sl*ts? I mean, in one picture, Allison kicked her leg up and you could almost see her vagina. It's like...okay...even Lara Croft herself isn't that skimpy.
RPG Character Profile

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 9:07am

Quite a few of the pictures they took of Alison are not that professional in my opinion. And some could have used a little photoshop, but well... just the model... At the beginning I liked having a Lara Model, but by now it's just getting boring, and more annoying each time. I did not care much for the model since Jil. (Nothing personal, I just got bored.)

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 2:38pm

Jil deJong, right? She was a good one. I liked Karima but I really didn't think she was that suitable. Allison is pretty good though.
RPG Character Profile

Liverliam123

New Raider

• "Liverliam123" is male

Currently Playing: Underworld

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 5:15pm

She looks kinda like Lara (in Underworld) but does anyone thinks she is quite hot. [hehe]

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 9:25pm

RPG Character Profile

muld@n

Advanced Raider

• "muld@n" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 and COD

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 9:34pm

I saw her pics on yahoo a while ago. I'm a guy and even I think they should have put some cloths on her. Shes hot but leave SOMETHING to the imagination :D

personally I preferred Karima, she looked more like Lara in Legend, Alison looks to....white lolz
August 23, 1945-April 4, 1999 The Attack Comes Not From The Front, But From The Side
“There are two kinds of Browncoats: Those within the fictional story of Firefly & those outside the story. We are the latter.”

ButterYum

Archaeologist

• "ButterYum" is female

TR Platforms: PS2,PS3

Currently Playing: Skyrim

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 11:14pm

erm, does anyone else think that the new lara looks very scary and way off from the original? :kiss

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Friday, November 7th 2008, 12:17am

I think she represents the dark side of Lara - mysterious and questionable, like the theme of Underworld. I think she suits it nicely.
RPG Character Profile

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Friday, November 7th 2008, 9:19am

way off from the original?
Well, it would be difficult to find a real person with so few polygons like the original Lara... ;-)

But I think I know what you mean: Her looks are not exactly what I would expect from Lara, 'thou I can't exactly tell you why. She is not perfect, but I thinks she plays her role OK.
--
Signature is futile.

ButterYum

Archaeologist

• "ButterYum" is female

TR Platforms: PS2,PS3

Currently Playing: Skyrim

Friday, November 7th 2008, 11:34pm

i don't know... i'm just not a huge fan of her. Here's a erm... intersting picture that my freind found of alaison.

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/03/47/34…x732_normal.jpg

http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads…tch-shame-2.jpg

these are not for the faint of heart. :poke:

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Friday, November 7th 2008, 11:50pm

Indeed. Looks like they are missing some photoshopping... ;-)
--
Signature is futile.