You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

A-Jay

New Raider

• "A-Jay" is male

TR Platforms: PS2 XBox 360

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 2:09pm

I personally wished the Trailer showed some in-game scenes.
Hope they bring out a Demo for X360 soon. :shark

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 2:40pm

Don't we all, [hehe] . But the Behind the Surface trailer showed some in game footage; like some of Lara's new moves.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 6:11pm

I checked the official Tomb Raider site.
No record of a PSP version. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page, it tells you what consoles which of the three (Legend, Anniversary, Underworld) was released on.
Under PSP on Underworld's table, it's blank, and the others say 'Coming Soon', so I don't think a PSP game is in the making.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:02pm

True, but I've seen many articles speculating one.

I was playing on TR:L earlier and in regards to the manor, it occured to me -Its not as if shes blowing up her only house; she has 3 [hehe] .

Lara x Amanda <3

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:07pm

That's exactly what I said. But she considers that one her home. Also, I was on some forums reading posts, and there were some fantastic theories pointing in favor that the woman blowing up the manor was not Lara. And I'm starting to believe them too.
RPG Character Profile

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:23pm

I personally think its a load of tosh, although I agree what is said about Lara looking rather similar to Amanda. Anyone remember what Tody Gard and Jason Botta said in the commentary for TR:A? They'd like to keep an set amount of realism in the games, and I think Amanda or a reborn Natla somehow being transformed into a Lara Clone is classified as unrealistic. Well, unless they used the complete primitive use of cosmetics instead. Which again is unlikely.

Lara x Amanda <3

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, July 26th 2008, 11:30pm

Too true. I suppose as always, time will tell.
RPG Character Profile

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 10:32am

As I've said earlier in another forum I would find it rather lame if that were the case.

If it weren't really Lara who did it, were's the meaning then? Just some 'terrorist' who pretended to by Lara? (Why anyway??? It did not seem to me that any witnesses were around; maybe to fool Zip, Alister and Winston - were they still inside? I don't think they would dare to kill all three off, especially not Winston!)

If Lara didn't do it, it was her being possessed by some kind of spirit, which I also don't want to believe... *yawn*

I'd rather think that something forced her hand and that it wasn't an easy thing to do for her.

I still think the manor was infested, like by a portal to the underworld which needed to be closed (however the manor itself seemed normal inside, not 'possessed'...).

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 12:17pm

Yeah, I always thought these theories were a crock of chocolate pudding, but some of them did seem substantial. I mean, you make a fine point: if that wasn't Lara, who was it and why? Some said it was Amanda (in which after reading that, my eyes deceived me by making me think that it looked like her a little bit) and others said it was Natla. Natla? C'mon.

Here's the conspiracy theories I came across, the ones I deemed a bit substantial.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=130182

And this one was a bit clichéd, but there were some valid reasoning.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=130725

The latter had some interesting finds that I'm about to have a look at myself. Some creepy, some just making you think hard.
RPG Character Profile

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 12:30pm

BUT WAIT!!! Act now, and you shall also find this!

Now, either Lara's been possessed (which I highly doubt), and the demon is in her eye...or the more logical reason that might PROVE that was Lara...tears rolled from her eyes, making her eyeliner run...but how come her other eye wasn't affected? Ooh.

Or it could just be the rain. But if that's the case, why isn't her hair wet, ;-) ?
RPG Character Profile

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 4:03pm

I noticed that before and thought it was a tear.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, July 27th 2008, 5:06pm

Which of course, as I said, gives proof that the woman blowing up Croft Manor was indeed Lara.

(*in victory tone*)YES!

[hehe]
RPG Character Profile

Deatheater22

New Raider

• "Deatheater22" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld ... And so's my cat

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 1:31pm

:-? Maybe Lara faked her own death so that she could run off on this epic adventure that edios describes as her against the world. I mean, if its really that bad she wouldn't want to be traced. That would explain why there's a pair of pistols in the mansion, and possibly why she smirks near the end - a job well done. The outfit looks kind of like the one she wears in the London level of TRIII so personally, I don't think its that out of place. I was looking at the "broach" near her shoulder, definitely could be the Galali key, but I just think its detail on her top as there's a kind of similar shadow on her other shoulder, but you never quite see it well enough to tell.

One thing I have noticed, especially now the third trailer is out, is there is absolutely no mention of Alistair whatsoever. You never hear his voice, you never see him and his name is never said... It seems a long shot, especially if it is Lara blowing up the mansion, but maybe he was in there.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Wednesday, August 20th 2008, 4:04pm

One thing I have noticed, especially now the third trailer is out, is there is absolutely no mention of Alistair whatsoever. You never hear his voice, you never see him and his name is never said... It seems a long shot, especially if it is Lara blowing up the mansion, but maybe he was in there.
Alister might not even be in Underworld. You can't expect them to reveal everything before the game comes out. I don't know about you but I'd rather not know everything about the game before it's even in my hands.
RPG Character Profile

Deatheater22

New Raider

• "Deatheater22" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld ... And so's my cat

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 3:48pm

True... but I'm an ex - harry potter theorist... There its a competition as to who can come up with the wildest plot line thats actually possible.
Bad habit I know. :oops:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Friday, October 10th 2008, 8:11pm

I can't believe I haven't noticed this before, and it's been sitting right under my damned nose! The "Ghalali Key" on Lara's chest is actually her Personal Light Source, :slapforehead .

I saw it while watching the first gameplay trailer (with Natla) and I saw it...after all this time.
RPG Character Profile