You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Wednesday, February 20th 2002, 4:34pm

Welcome to my new forum, registered users may post anything they like in here.

Have fun.

trg

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: Uncharted, Rise of the Tomb Raider

Monday, February 25th 2002, 9:40am

Hi,

all (registerd) people who don't want to read the forum messages in English may choose [Edit Your Preferences] from the top of the page. There you can switch to any "Board Language" you like. There are 17 languages to choose from, hopefully your's in there somewhere.

But please understand, that we cannot realize a board in every language, so we did it in Englisch (most people will understand this) and in German (for this is a german Board :wink: )

meep meep
--
Signature is futile.

Friday, March 1st 2002, 4:48am

Very nice.

Hope all goes well.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, March 1st 2002, 12:11pm

Hello and welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Zendragon

Starting Raider

TR Platforms: PC

Friday, April 5th 2002, 5:47pm

Hey there Jana,

I figured I would drop in and check this out....so how do I add a profile picture here?
Lara Croft contest announced at:
www.adventurersplace.com
Where Lara Croft meets Indiana Jones...

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, April 5th 2002, 7:38pm

I'm afraid you can't. That's the price I had to pay with this forum and I don't want to change to another because I don't want to go through all the trouble transfering posts and profiles. But I'm always looking for an update of this one. If I find some time I even might try it myself. Till then you have to have the picture that comes with the rank. There is currently none for newbie. I'm still looking for a fitting image.

Zendragon

Starting Raider

Saturday, April 6th 2002, 2:38am

Ah, the picture is clear now...
www.adventurersplace.com

Monday, April 8th 2002, 3:25pm

Zen,

Nice to see you here also and TombRaider Girl over on the Lara Croft Models UK page.

Welcome to you both. Wondeful individuals all!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, April 8th 2002, 6:58pm

I have to agree I never throught that Lara Lookalikes would be so friendly I thought most of them are a bit vain and arrogant but they are not. I really like you all.

And I really liked the discussions in the other forum, I hope I'll find some more time to be there and maybe post a bit.

I have a little story to tell. So far I only got play guns, I bought them so I could take them everywhere. So I went into a store today to look for some paintballs. The girls behind the counter where absolutely clueless what a Desert Eagle was. :wink: And they couldn't tell me much I wanted to know. Where are the good old times when people knew what they were selling?

Zendragon

Starting Raider

Monday, April 8th 2002, 7:47pm

You mean you need to know about a product to sell it? Odd concept...<grin>
www.adventurersplace.com

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 12:33pm

Well I think you should. Because then you wouldn't try to sell uzis to a customer who asked for desert eagles?! :wink:

Tuesday, April 9th 2002, 4:50pm

Ah welcome to the brave new world!

What is worse is when I KNOW more about the product then the clerk, and then they proceed to tell you that you know nothing.

Sunday, June 9th 2002, 8:10am

question

Hi! I've only begun to collect Tomb Raider comic books. Although I started collecting the books because I liked the art and wanted to study it, I wonder how good an investment the tomb raider comics are. I mean, how high can the resale value get?? That's all. Thanks!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, June 9th 2002, 7:46pm

That's a good questiong, I'm just collecting them for fun. I guess most of them are still to new.

There is a pricelist here: http://www.cosmicclutter.com/comics/TombRaiderComics.html

I'd always say, they are worth what people will give you for them. ;-)

Monday, June 10th 2002, 3:32pm

Comic worth

As far as specific market worth at this point I have no idea.

As far as overall worth - if they make you happy then nearly priceless.

Overall, in general, if in mint to good condition, given enough time almost any comic will appreciate. Depending on artist, subject, how many were run, how many are still left (and time tends to make that go down), some can appreciate quite well.

Enjoy them now, and when your ready put them in nice covers and store away.

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 1:46pm

thank you

Thank you for your great advice on comic book collecting. :) Yes, I like the story of Tomb Raider but I started just recently so you can say that I'm having a hard time finding some issues. :) I think the art is very much worth it. The plot has its weaknesses but it still manages to entertain. :) I certainly hope that the Tomb Raider comics will go far. Lara is a great character. I think she's timeless, like Indiana Jones. Her adventures are something one can't really tire of. She's not like some group of costumed heroes that die off and get replaced with younger versions, or geezers that eventually end up screwing up their lives. By the way, how DO you put them in nice covers?? Plastic covering?? :)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 2:04pm

I stared a bit late as well. There are two issues which are sold out. I think it was 5 and 6. But I was lucky to find one of them in my favourite comic store. Alas I couldn't find the other one so far. I might have to aks them, I have one favourite guy there, he has found nearly everything I was looking for in their storage room.

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 7:47pm

Comics

:D

Yes, there are plastic covers that are designed to hold them. A comic shop will be able to show you. I have even seen what looked like a plastic style 'sandwhich' bag used. Basically something that the book can be slipped into without damage, closed off to help exclude moisture and keep errant spills and such off.

Speaking of the comic TR, come toward the end of August take a looksie over on the 'Adventurer's Place' Lara contest. I suspect that a few of the Lara girls will be doing comic style outfits.
:wink:

TR girl, if you would llike, since I will be going to the largest Comic Convention in the World, if you want me to keep an eye out for your missing issue let me know!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 8:04pm

Sure if they've got it. Of cours i'll pay for everything, shipping and so on. It's not easy to get them in germany. It's issue 5 I'm missing:

Well I've got the story, I've bought the book, but I am a collector, I take everything I can find. ;-)

Tuesday, June 11th 2002, 10:41pm

I will take a look

TR girl,

I will take a look for it. The convention runs August 1,2,3 and 4th. I will be there all 4 days.

If I come across it (or multiples) I can probably e-contact you to let you know and if it seems a fair enough price.

Anything else? I will be in Lara costume(s) over the 4 days to help promote Zen's and Chole's Lara contests.