You are not logged in.

The Lost Artifact Highland Fling Demo

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sezlar

New Raider

• "sezlar" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Friday, April 18th 2008, 9:25am

Highland Fling Demo

Hi there. I am playing Lost Artifact for the first time, but it's a demo copy that I downloaded from here: http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/downloads/TR3files.html

I've had a lot of issues with it so far. For example, I cannot get the uzi's because the map is changed weirdly, the harpoon gun is not in the place it's supposed to be, the crowbar does not appear in the little pool etc. But the main problem I have is that once I reach the area where you have to put in the 2 Thistle Stones, (so far I only have the first one) the doorway on the left when you first enter the room (that leads up to the winding path and, presumably the 2nd Thistle Stone) is blocked. I've read a walkthrough for this level, and apparently you can just go straight through. But when I play it there's a big block in the doorway that says, "Open to the public March 2000."

Now, after all that rambling my question is this: is this just a cruel easter egg that the developers have placed in the demo so I'll be forced to acually buy the game to continue, or am I experiencing a bug of some kind? Also, has anyone else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it? Did you fix it?

Thanks in advance for any helps guys.

P.S. Screenshots illustrating this dilemma below!!
sezlar has attached the following image:
  • Lost Artefact.JPG

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sezlar" (Apr 19th 2008, 12:40am)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, April 20th 2008, 8:53pm

I have never played the demo level so far, I might try tomorrow but no promises. But I think it's highly likely that the problems you mention are normal within the demo.