You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 9:45am

Are there more unlockable outfits in Underworld? Or are the outfits in Wikiraider the only ones in the game?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 12:11pm

By finishing the game, you unlock one more outfit. A bathing suit that can be used in the Mediterranean.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 12:50pm

And what's more, you can only pick the outfits they provide. Stupid, because in the launch trailer, they showed Lara in the Mediterranean Sea with her Winter Heavy outfit. I wouldn't have minded having the Jungle Heavy in Thailand.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 6:00pm

Hmm... I wished that there would have been more outfits... Oh well, you can't always get what you want....

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 6:05pm

Hmm... I wished that there would have been more outfits... Oh well, you can't always get what you want....

Well, there'll always be mods, at least for PC users.
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

Sunday, December 7th 2008, 6:09pm

Sounds good... :-) But how do you do mods? I've never made them, or even tried to make one....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Poet" (Dec 7th 2008, 6:21pm)

Ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "Ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Thursday, December 18th 2008, 8:50pm

I couldn't find the new thread button!

So I'm getting a Wii for Chrimbo (YAY :happyjump ) and I was going to get TRU on it. But all the reviews say it's really rubbish. So I thought I'd get an opinion from you guys because you all obviously know best :D

Opinions?
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Thursday, December 18th 2008, 9:33pm

We would know best if we all had a Wii ;-)

From what I've heared the Wii version is nothing like the PC/PS3/Xbox version which are all nice and well.

Ladyoutlaw

Archaeologist

• "Ladyoutlaw" is female

TR Platforms: Wii

Currently Playing: Zelda:Twilight Princess

Saturday, December 27th 2008, 10:03am

Alrite...

So I understand that not everyone will have it on Wii. Just pondering about what people have heard about it, that's all

btw hope you all had a good christmas ^^
Let's get ourselves lost:it's more interesting that way

:sun: XxLoveable Outrageous LegendaryxX :D

RedHell

Fridge Raider

• "RedHell" is female

TR Platforms: PC, GBC, Xbox 360

Saturday, December 27th 2008, 11:17am

RE: Alrite...

So I understand that not everyone will have it on Wii. Just pondering about what people have heard about it, that's all

I don't have a Wii either, but if you're searching on YouTube you'll find some comparisons between the different consoles.

I'm finding it really funny that - for example - in the opening cutscene (Med), where you see Zip and Alister moving on her laptop screen on PC, PS3 and 360, in the Wii version there are just pictures of them with their names on top instead. So there are some huge differences concerning the graphics... and the complexity of some puzzles has been changed, apparently. That's all I've seen or heard.
"It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept."

OCCfan92

Gold Raider

• "OCCfan92" is male

Location: Im Dreieck zwischen Heide(Holst), Itzehoe, und Rendsburg

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, DS, Wii

Currently Playing: CoD6, CoD8, COD9, TR, BF4

Saturday, December 27th 2008, 12:58pm

RE: Alrite...

btw hope you all had a good christmas ^^
I got it for Christmas on Wii [hehe] What I can say is, that there are many grafical mistakes, and some parts are made very bad. The controle is very easy to learn, you have to do everything on your own, but the story is very good, the intersequences have a high quality.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, December 27th 2008, 3:18pm

From the Andaman Sea cutscene I've seen, when the doppelgänger throws Amanda overboard, she falls through the glass and hits the floor (obviously, she can still be alive). On Xbox 360 and PS3, Amanda hits part of the wall and tumbles down, and the way she hit it looks like it was hard enough to kill her, which I think is what they tried to accomplish and then surprise us with her return in Helheim, saving Lara.

Speaking of Helheim, when the doppelganger knocked Mjolnir out of Lara's hands, why didn't Natla take it, that way Lara couldn't use it? Hmm...
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Jeissy

Junior Raider

• "Jeissy" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: CoD:MW2

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 4:23pm

Speaking of Helheim, when the doppelganger knocked Mjolnir out of Lara's hands, why didn't Natla take it, that way Lara couldn't use it? Hmm...
Probably, because she thought that the doppelganger would finish Lara, and she didn't think that Amanda would arrive and save Lara.

~The enemy of my enemy is my friend~

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 4:52pm

Probably, because she thought that the doppelganger would finish Lara, and she didn't think that Amanda would arrive and save Lara.

Thats plausible, as just about all 'bad guys' in games, films and books etc are blinded by their own arrogance and perception of events. Although, one would think that after being thwarted before, she wouldn't give Lara any means to potentially do so once again.

Lara x Amanda <3

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 5:27pm

That, and most of the time in fictional pieces of entertainment, the villains never seem to do anything to help themselves because the heroes always need to come out on top in the end. I mean, other than the movie Crank with Jason Statham, when was the last time you saw the protagonist become thwarted in the end by his/her enemy?
RPG Character Profile

Skinny Jeans

One Winged Angel

• "Skinny Jeans" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Sunday, December 28th 2008, 5:48pm

I mean, other than the movie Crank with Jason Statham, when was the last time you saw the protagonist become thwarted in the end by his/her enemy?

Possibly in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, but as it is a prequel and is tied down by canon, it doesn't count. I think that we are unlikely to see such a thing happen as developers of the past have essentially written a set of laws forbidding it, because they may have some misaprehension that it may inspire an audience to follow the 'bad guy's' lead. I really do wonder about these people, they've just lost sight about what is important. Say they did kill off the protagonist of a game, at least they would get the public riled up about it. Take Aerith, another Final Fantasy VII character. Despite being arguably the most popular character aside from Cloud, she was killed by Sephiroth -another fan favourite. There was uproar about it, but Final Fantasy VII is and remains the most popular (and my favourite) of the franchise based on game units sold. I think CD and company tried to replicate it somehow in TRU, when they killed off Alister.

Lara x Amanda <3

Sara Soft

New Raider

• "Sara Soft" is male

TR Platforms: Gamecube Wii

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 7:05pm

how do you shoot in wii?

BTW: Natla did probably not take it because she couldn't without Thors gauntlets and belt.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sara Soft" (Jan 15th 2009, 6:16pm)

Sara Soft

New Raider

• "Sara Soft" is male

TR Platforms: Gamecube Wii

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Sunday, February 1st 2009, 5:57pm

Wait, i think i found out, press Z then B, right :think:

However, how do you do melee attacks?