You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male
  • "ostercy" started this thread

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Friday, June 1st 2007, 9:11am

Is the portrayal of the world of TR fanfiction by Gametap in their latest webcast (episode 7) fair?

Is the portrayal of the world of TR fanfiction by Gametap in their latest webcast (episode 7) balanced, fair and accurate? (http://tombraider.gametap.com/)

I'd like to say why I'm asking this question, but since almost anything I say of a negative nature regarding it will be interpreted as "rudeness", it's rather difficult. It's like being placed under a lawyer's writ.

However, if any of you have seen the webcast, do you think it presents a courteous picture of TR fanfictiondom (and writers like Crisman, Radley, Amazing, Ahlmen, etc?)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, June 1st 2007, 9:53am

I have not watched the latest episodes yet, so I cannot fully comment on it yet.

I think I see your point, but from what I heard what it's about I have to say such things are never fair. Not only towards the people you mentioned. When you look at fanficiton.net, there is probably one or the other story by a very talented writer that could be the best of them all - which you cannot decide, as tastes are different - which has not gotten the attention it deserved.

I get back to this topic, once I have gotten more information. Which might not be for a few days, as this comes at the worst of times, with Anniversary being released.

ostercy

Starting Raider

• "ostercy" is male
  • "ostercy" started this thread

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Age of Empires

Friday, June 1st 2007, 10:12am

I have to be blunt and hope that I don't get edited. I think by choosing the author that they chose to highlight, the webcast will paint TR fan fiction in a mediocre light. I hate to think of newbies reading that author's stuff and thinking that it is representative of the best ...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ostercy" (Jun 20th 2007, 9:06am)