You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: RDR2

Thursday, May 31st 2007, 8:11pm

Egypt - Obelisk of Khamoon

Ask your questions about the Tomb Raider: Anniversary level Egypt - Obelisk of Khamoon in this thread.

azumi_mm

New Raider

• "azumi_mm" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRA

Monday, June 4th 2007, 7:23pm

never mind.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "azumi_mm" (Jun 4th 2007, 7:38pm)

Lara Raider

Explorer

• "Lara Raider" is female

Currently Playing: COD4

Friday, June 8th 2007, 7:57pm

How can i reach those platforms?

Spoiler Spoiler

one of many tomb raider fans - lara raider

Lara Raider

Explorer

Friday, June 8th 2007, 8:44pm

Please tell me how to go to those platforms or if this is not the right way passing the level tell me what to do!

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 9:43am

There is an artifact, the exit is were you have entered the room.

Lara Raider

Explorer

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 10:45am

OK,i didn't reach the artifact,but i manage to pass the level.

Vesper

Archaeologist

• "Vesper" has been banned

TR Platforms: PS2 GBC GBA

Currently Playing: Dark Angel

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 2:44pm

Ok, I'm stuck on the room where you have to wall run, but there are blades spinning in and out of the walls, and when I reach the left side and jump back to reach the ledge with the small slope beneath it, she doesn't grab it because I was off a little bit, and I tried about literally 30 times, and now I'm just getting impatient.

Any help?

Lolo

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: anniversary

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 5:20pm

artifacts.

Hi I have completed the game so any help just ask, but i missed three artifacts one being on this level.I have started the game again to find them but am stuck on this level. I have the one on the first section (the timed bar) & the 2 in the 3rd section (where you have to climb to the ledge right at the top & there are 3 mummies at the bottom. but i cant find the 4th can anybody help me pls.??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lolo" (Jun 10th 2007, 5:24pm)

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: tomb raider anniversary

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 5:47pm

I dont know what artifact you mean but i will try to tell you. Theres one near the beging where you pull a lever to revel a pole. Get to it quickly and swing across to find one. Theres on on the top step when you grapple across when you are in the room after you lower the second drawbridge. Another is on the roof which i think you already got and the last is after you got the last one run to the end of the ramped passage and lower yourself over the ledge and drop to the lower ledge. Keep droping down all the ledges intil your on a ledge closest to the ground, near the cat statue. Shimmey left and climb up to your last artifact.

pentiumM

New Raider

• "pentiumM" is male

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 6:18pm

RE: Egypt - Obelisk of Khamoon

Hi!

i want the artifact in this big hall (Ankh of Isis)...
but how can i make lara jump backwards when she walks along the wall`?

pentiumM

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, June 14th 2007, 8:34pm

How did you get out of St. Francis without this move?

Let's call the buttons you use for running along the wall up and down, you then need to press left/right (whichever direction you want to got - it depends on the camera angle) when jumping off the wall.

Wait for the exact moment till Lara is turning to jump.

(There are also spots in the game where you don't need to run along the wall, but instead simply hang from the rope and jump... but if you are where I think you are, this is not one of these spots.)

Monday, June 18th 2007, 11:16pm

RE: Egypt - Obelisk of Khamoon

Help. Ok, what's with this 1st grapple jump in this chapter? I get all the way over there, grab the grapple ring and try to run to the left to grab the next crevice and ........I CRASH. Every time. I just can't seem to get to that crevice. Can anyone help on this?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 12:52pm

It is a very difficult jump, you need to really jump at the latest opportunity.

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 1:36pm

What, that's it? " It is a very difficult jump, you need to really jump at the latest opportunity. " I need to find a way to get her to run farther on that wall in order to reach the crevice. I've tried rasing and lowering, but when I stop to do that, I can't seem to make her run as far. By the way I'm playing on ps2.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 2:23pm

I never climb up or down on that rope. I accept it as it is.

I am sorry, it is just an annoying part, with not much to it. There is not much one can say. (Plus if you are trying to do the timerun for the secret you have to make the jump the first time.)

I jump backwards from the gap in the wall. Throw the grapple immediately. Run along the wall, pressing "forward" (depending on the camera angle)
and jump again at the highest spot.

(You can run back and forth before you jump if you're not doing the time run.)

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 2:28pm

ok, thanks, I'll keep trying

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 5:02pm

I'm still stuck at this piece of crap wall run. If anyone has a skip chapter cheat, I'd welcome it.

Vesper

Archaeologist

• "Vesper" has been banned

TR Platforms: PS2 GBC GBA

Currently Playing: Dark Angel

Tuesday, June 19th 2007, 9:47pm

No cheats for that. You might want to try a save game, or do it yourself. You wouldn't want to miss any good action, ;-).

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male

Currently Playing: TRU

Saturday, June 30th 2007, 8:53pm

hi there,

wow, are there a lot of annoying jumps in this level! so far, the lowest fun to annoying jumps factor.

even that very first bit with the first retracting ledge. i got across then what? surely you cant jump to the middle - but you can and then only just, if you're exactly in the right place!

then there's this bit dawolfe is doing to swing across the room completely. actually, this is easier once you've done it once, because you know just how long to push forward before jumping again - but its close. the only good thing out of all these falls is that when you go back to do the time trial, its doable after all that practice. dawolfe: after the swing try counting the number of wall walk steps she takes, i did this and i think it's 4 and then jump!

aside, i am never able to jump as far once the swing momentum has been lost. that is to say, if i grapple then hang, i can't seem to get as much push as in the initial swing. this is for all situations not just this bit. am i wrong or is there a trick for this?

Also, just who keeps putting rotating knives and slamming walls in these pyramids? [hehe]

im trying to do the bit at the bottom of the room with the big slope that then retracts back into the wall. ok, i got back to the top, got the secret and did the really awkward jump-swing-jump right-swing manoeuvre and then i find out that i should have done the bit at the bottom with the three posts first. so i had to reload and do it again - annoying.

so anyway, im having trouble getting across the tops of the three posts. this is the bit with the rotating knives in the middle and then the slamming wall. i cant seem to jump-then-jump. when i land on the last post, i have to re-balance which is just too long before being splatted by the walls. is there a trick here or am i just too slow?

i hope there's beer at the end of this level :-)
/BFR

Lara Raider

Explorer

Saturday, June 30th 2007, 9:06pm

^i had the same prob beerfridgeraider - you have to try Lara not to lose balance :-).Don't worry you'll make it [hehe]