You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kurtis_Trent

New Raider

• "Kurtis_Trent" started this thread

Sunday, July 6th 2003, 12:39am

Kurtis Trent

I'm new here, as many of you have probably guessed, so i'll drop my hello and how are you while i'm here. Anyways, on to the topic at hand.

How did you find playing as Kurtis Trent? My opinion was that he was the perfect way to move the series on. Sure, we all love Lara and nothing will ever replace her, but I think that Kurtis gave the series something new and refreshing, a breath of fresh air, if you will.

Spoiler Spoiler

Hopefully, Kurtis is still alive and Edios decide to keep him alongside Lara, maybe even two games in one? Rumours in have come thick and fast about my favourite new character, such as there are two individual games planned for him and that he may simply become an NPC.

One thing I know for sure is that his life is in the hands of you, the Tomb Raider fans out there. In a recent interview, it was said that Kurts life was clearly in the balance, but he's still alive at the moment. Wether we keep him alive or not, is up to the fans. We have to decide if they like him enough.

They've got my e-mail, I assure you....
Don't offend anyone with style when you can do it better with substance.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Sunday, July 6th 2003, 10:30am

I have not yet played him, but I already love him, he is kind of cool and interesting.

Welcme to the forum by the way. Could you use a smaller icon, that fits, please. I got some Kurtis pics here:

Just put the url http://www.larasmansion.com/avatar/kurtis001.gif in the avatar field. Replace kurtis001.gif with whatever pic you like 001 till 009

Kurtis_Trent

New Raider

• "Kurtis_Trent" started this thread

Sunday, July 6th 2003, 5:40pm

Trust me, your going to love playing as him, he's slightly more aggresive than Lara, but he definately has a certain "Kick ass" style about him that I think will play well with most TR fans.

P.S Thanks for the smaller Avatar, I was having problems finding one :)
Don't offend anyone with style when you can do it better with substance.

Unicorns Realm

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS2

Saturday, July 26th 2003, 2:46pm

Quoted

Original von tombraidergirl

I have not yet played him, but I already love him, he is kind of cool and interesting.

Welcme to the forum by the way. Could you use a smaller icon, that fits, please. I got some Kurtis pics here:

Just put the url http://www.larasmansion.com/avatar/kurtis001.gif in the avatar field. Replace kurtis001.gif with whatever pic you like 001 till 009

I know this sounds daft, but how do I get a picture to the correct size for an avatar. I have tried on another forum that lets people upload but I just cant get them small enough. There is a pic I would like to use but cant as it wont resize - its probably just my knowledge of computers not being good though :ouch:

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 10:37pm

the Kurtis character was cool but playing him is extremely painful. He is too slow and had akward movement animations.. If they are gonna bring him back with the same control/speed i would rather not play him.

Friday, August 1st 2003, 7:43pm

Kurtis Trent

I'd just like to say that allthough I've read some negative feedback on Kurtis I really liked the character and hope that TPTB in Eidos and Core bring him back for the next instalment. :D That being said I have to agree with some ppl who have said how damn annoying the control interface with Kurtis is. I cursed and howled along with the rest of you through countless playings of 'Boaz Returns' . :x If they can sort out the problems with actually playing him in game then I think he'll be a great character to have in the TR world - I really liked the way he interacted with Lara in the cut-scenes. Just wondering what anyone else thought about this?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, October 27th 2003, 10:32pm

I didn't like his movements, he was far to slow. And there is one thing I will never forgive him.
"Hey Lara, get out of here, I am the best, I can handle Boaz.... " That was a really bad decision... I would have preferred doing that part with Lara... Silly boy! :wink:

Well as long as he keeps his fingers off of Lara he can stay. But she deserves better. :P

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 8:58pm

Re: Kurtis Trent

Quoted

Original von Amratis

I'd just like to say that allthough I've read some negative feedback on Kurtis I really liked the character and hope that TPTB in Eidos and Core bring him back for the next instalment. :D That being said I have to agree with some ppl who have said how damn annoying the control interface with Kurtis is. I cursed and howled along with the rest of you through countless playings of 'Boaz Returns' . :x If they can sort out the problems with actually playing him in game then I think he'll be a great character to have in the TR world - I really liked the way he interacted with Lara in the cut-scenes. Just wondering what anyone else thought about this?

I agree, Kurtis is cool. I also hope he will be in the next game. But what do you mean controlling him was hard? I thought it was straightforward. Imagine if he turned evil...
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

Nanny

Average Raider

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 9:01pm

Yeah he´s very very cool and sexy! :-o
He has to be in the next game!!!

Quoted

I really liked the way he interacted with Lara in the cut-scenes.

You´re right Amratis and I think he´s got a softer side, too... :)

Sherry

Average Raider

Monday, April 12th 2004, 9:41am

Quoted from ""Unicorns Realm""

I know this sounds daft, but how do I get a picture to the correct size for an avatar. I have tried on another forum that lets people upload but I just cant get them small enough. There is a pic I would like to use but cant as it wont resize - its probably just my knowledge of computers not being good though :ouch:

Why not rezize it in word. Just copy the picture paste in word click on the picture and there will be some dots around the edge put your cursor near these and an arrow will pop up just click and drag to size you want. It's very basic but its worked for me before.
It's not the men that have the hard lives, it's the women who look after the artifacts!

• "Angel_of_Darkness" is female
  • "Angel_of_Darkness" has been banned

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider 6

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 4:25pm

Kurtis ??

I just want to learn this : Who is Kurtis ??
And when he appears in AOD ?? In which level he appears ?

I just wonder. Please if u know tell me :)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 4:28pm

Kurtis is:

http://wikiraider.com/index.php?title=Kurtis_Trent

You will meet him several times, but you want have to control him until later in the game, in Prague.

Croft-Girl

Archaeologist

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 4:35pm

isn't he the guy on the motorbike in the ghetto of paris?

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 5:05pm

Yes I saw him in Paris. He took his motorbike and went away
But Prague ..... hmm....I am in Graveyard and I am still in Paris oww and I have many levels to come Prague. If he gone from Prague I dont suprise because I guess he dont want to wait me :D I made a joke sure :D

Oww and Is he dangerous ? What he want from me ?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 5:30pm

You will see what his intentions are, no point in giving it away just yet. You will meet him again in Paris, but you won't be able to play him until Prague.

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 5:45pm

Pff...and is he dangerous _? Oww and read somethings in www.wikiraider.com

I guess he will die ! Oww and I guess his father is Eckhardt or like that ... Please explain ...

lara4ever

Gold Raider

• "lara4ever" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3, Xbox 360

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider <3 , Farcry 3

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 6:27pm

yes you are right!!!he is going to die!!but i can`t help you so much in this TR!!i didn`t play AoD!!but i will buy it!i hope...:-)

cool site!;-)

°**************************************************************************************°

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "lara4ever" (Feb 25th 2007, 6:28pm)

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 6:54pm

Thanks ! I wish u liked my site :)

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 7:34pm

Heyyyy !! Who can explain me?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, February 25th 2007, 7:41pm

Eckhardt is not Kurtis' father, he supposedly killed Kurtis' father.