You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kpsetta

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 10:10am

AoD Controls

Call me old-fashion but I like using the arrow keys for movement. I cannot get used to the anolog because it never turns or moves the way I want. Is there a way to set the controls back to using the arrow keys for movement? :ouch:

stealth raider

New Raider

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 11:54am

Control problems! Help!

I just bought The new Tomb Raider after waiting forever and I am having some difficulties. Controling Lara has totally changed. I feel Like I am playing Resident Evil. I hate this. The best thing about TR for me has always been the way she can be so dynamic in her world. The game's manual says that you have 3 different control "options" The "Options" selection only has "Audio" and "video" What is this all about? I have all Playstation 2 hardware and the Dual shock 2 controller(obviously). Please help before I put my foot through the game. I want to control Lara with the usual buttons, maybe with the exception of the analog stick. Is this possible? :ouch:

NTR

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 12:41pm

bah... personally, id just say ADAPT... but you can change control settings at the startup screen... fool around with those menus i think you'll be fine... and check out the trailer for TR:The Cradle of Life while you're at it... mmmm Angelina...

stealth raider

New Raider

Wednesday, July 2nd 2003, 5:05pm

I'm the same way. Even the other buttons have changed. I cannot figure out how to even reach a section where you can adjust to other control modes. The manual says you can do this, but I haven't even found a "control options" as in most games. I thought that maybe it was my disc or something, but someone verified that it wasn't the disc. It was suggested that after a while of gameplay, maybe control options become available. If that is the case, then Eidos has lessened my love for the TR series. I also don't like the way the camera angles change and mess up your movement/view orientation. I guess I will get used to it as always, but I wish Eidos would have left the damn controls the way they were(at least the button configuration). Let me know if you find anything out. I want to use the directional arrows and put the fricken buttons back where they were! :x

Lorilee

New Raider

• "Lorilee" is female

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 4:05am

Tombraider Angel of Darkness : How do you dive?

I have read a couple diffrent walkthoughs and they say you can dive to help you get down to the bottom faster in the lvls with water . I have trird every thing and still can`t do it got any idea`s? thanks
Lorilee

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 5:45am

nope

I've tried too. I don't know whether you're playing the ps2 or the pc version, but in the pc version you can't dive all you can do is jump in the water. which is fine, since you only need to get into the water really quick just once when that thing explodes in the drainage place. but there you go.
cdSlinger

NTR

Unregistered

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 5:07pm

it involves tapping R2 i think for PC... but, im not sure as i did it on accident when jumping the lasers in the gallery and happened to be too busy with the walkthrough to test it out...

NTR

Unregistered

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 5:08pm

whoops... L2 i think.. sorry... its ONE of the shoulder buttons...

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Thursday, July 3rd 2003, 9:29pm

In the PC Version it's the "Look" Button in addition to up and jump.

Guest 2

Unregistered

Monday, July 7th 2003, 4:57am

controls

Sorry to tell you guys this, but I recently beat the game and you don't get to change the controls at all, even if it might say you can in the manual...I found it easy when playing the PS2 version is to press doen on the analog (camera) stick to get the camera behing Lara, but only if you able to actually conrtol the camera because sometimes it's set and you can't move it all!

Smittiox

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 8th 2003, 9:21am

feeling is mutual

I'm just here to post my gripes about the camera and the controls too........the graphics are wonderfull but I'm not looking at them while I'm trying to dodge a baddie or make a leap to a far ledge lol.......I miss the old TR controls. they just seemed to function when you needed them too. I seem to get a delay when I need them to work like...... RIGHT NOW!!.......pause.....die......rant n rave.....reload.......repeat ........lol..............but, I'm an old TR fan from the start of the series so I guess I'll just have to keep playing :P

Ekhart is futile.....he will be eliminated :borg: ..........lol

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 9th 2003, 10:23pm

How to Dive

Press R2+circle whilst performing a forward jump. Hey presto Lara scores a perfect 10

Jasi

Unregistered

Thursday, July 10th 2003, 12:16am

Yes it IS the jump Button - but....

...but in the Louvre sewerage I cannot manage it gi dive to the end... also when I take a medipack before Lara dies they aren't enough... all the Medipacks aren't enough to get through it..

.............. H E L P !??
:ouch:

If you read this today please email me additional of posting here.. That would be veeery nice!! Thanx!

email to: DNAngel@uni.de

Tracy

Unregistered

Thursday, July 17th 2003, 10:34pm

It's something to do with the powers that be wanting to release the game ASAP on teh PS2; they hadn't completed these functions in game but the instruction booklets were already printed so they released it anyway.

I preordered it in January it wouldn't have made much difference waiting a bit longer for a vibration/control editting function :evil:

I also am useless at using analog sticks (in any game!). You'll find you just get used to it eventually, though jumping is very innaccurate for me still. Just press R3 to reset the camera, that should help you out a bit.

Monday, July 28th 2003, 11:56am

AoD Controls

I can't figure out how to use things once I've picked them up. I can pick up chocalate bars, health packs etc, but I can't use them. i also cannot use my guns I'm pressing space to draw them, but it doesn't work. Can anyone help?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, July 28th 2003, 9:20pm

Use TAB

Beth

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 10:48pm

Is there a "camera" mod with PC?? I have seen this with PS2, but I can't seem to find in with PC.

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 9:54am

The TAB key will open up a menu with options for Weapons, Health, Items etc. Cycle through weapons to select, similiarly with health and items.
Regards

Keith

mandy

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 22nd 2003, 5:10pm

use items aod

I think we know it should be able to use items when we press tab, but tab simply doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAArgh I'm frustrated ;have the same problem. Does anybody know the answer???? thanks

Famous

New Raider

Wednesday, March 10th 2004, 1:38am

Quoted

Original von Beth

Is there a "camera" mod with PC?? I have seen this with PS2, but I can't seem to find in with PC.

Yes, I would like to know how to do this also. There was a "look" key in the previous versions, but I don't see one in AOD.