You are not logged in.

Prague Boaz Returns

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shawl6

Unregistered

Friday, August 1st 2003, 2:44pm

boaz returns

i have just done this level all you have to do is pick up the ammo first then blast boaz til the vents open shoot them(use square& x with the same thumb at the same time to manually aim) shoot the left side vents first, go back to where you picked up the ammo, there is some more pick it up ,then blast boaz again in the head then do the right side. watch the cut scene then pick up more ammo (same place) then just keep shootin the mosquito KEEP MOVING ALL THE TIME GOOD LUCK

mhannant

Unregistered

Sunday, August 3rd 2003, 3:17pm

PLEASE HELP ITS NOT WORKING

I JUST CANT KILL THIS THING I HAVE READ WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE PUT SAYING THAT THE FIRST 2 PODS SHOOT OFF EASILY AS HE AUTOMATICALLY AIMS AT THESE BUT THEY WONT SHOOT OFF FOR ME I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR HOURS HE JUST AIMS AT THE LEGS OR AT HER HEAD I HAVE TRIED HITTING THE SQUARE BUTTON BUT THIS DOES NOT HELP I HAVENT SHOT ANY OF THEM OFF YET HE JUST WONT AIM THERE IS THIS A FAULT IN THE GAME????? :ouch:

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Sunday, August 3rd 2003, 6:24pm

Did you try approaching the creature from the side. Kurtis won't be able to aim at the head then.

Unregistered

Monday, August 4th 2003, 2:42pm

If you are too frustrated by the PC version & want to skip this dumb fight, get a savegame for the start of the next level here

Use Winrar to uncompress & put into SaveGame folder :)

EINSTEIN

Unregistered

Thursday, August 7th 2003, 1:08pm

PC USERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC USERS: You can kill boaz by firing 4shots at her head, then doing 2 side jumps and run to whichever pod you need to shoot. To get kurtis to aim at the rear pods, you need to press the ROLL button. Look in game options you have set ROLL as, cuz thats what you need to press. It is seriously not hard to kill the creature.
However, boaz has now turned into this flying mosquito with a hacking blade, and I've run out of ammo. Oh dear......

DennisTheEagle

Unregistered

Thursday, August 7th 2003, 5:54pm

Ok thanks to all the helpfull people on the forum i finnaly know how to kill that &é@è§ The only problem is the ammo Its probably my fault but i don't have enough I know where it is located in the arena but Boaz don't let me take it :( Does anybody has 1. As savegame with the start of the Boaz killing level with enough ammo or 2. A cheat code for more ammo. Also can somebody tell me howmuch ammo they needed to kill that beast?

DennisTheEagle

Unregistered

Thursday, August 7th 2003, 6:16pm

oK ammo problem solved Other problem is that fcked up aiming. End would be re-aim button Doesn't really work here. Most of the times Kurtis just flips over or he does nothing. :ouch:

Swaffylot

Unregistered

Monday, August 11th 2003, 2:13pm

AOD-killing that pesky Boaz, PC gamers

:sun: I've found an easier way to kill Boaz-just get up real close and press the forward button don't let go of that button! You'll keep moving round and round with him (if you do let go just get close again). The gun targets itself just keep shooting mostly when you get behind as this seems to be its weak spot.....i hardly used any bullets or any health as it can't attack you as you are too close!!!!

I't may well work on the PS2 , give it a go! :P :P :P

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 12th 2003, 1:39pm

Re: AOD-killing that pesky Boaz, PC gamers

Quoted

Original von Swaffylot

:sun: I've found an easier way to kill Boaz-just get up real close and press the forward button don't let go of that button! You'll keep moving round and round with him (if you do let go just get close again). The gun targets itself just keep shooting mostly when you get behind as this seems to be its weak spot.....i hardly used any bullets or any health as it can't attack you as you are too close!!!!

I't may well work on the PS2 , give it a go! :P :P :P

Tuesday, August 12th 2003, 2:35pm

Yes we can see Swaffylot wrote that. Your point is?

seashore89

Unregistered

Friday, August 15th 2003, 12:23am

argggg i'm so stuck i cant even aim at her stupid sides!

arghhhhh! I'm so pissed with kurtis 2! Why cant he sprint like lara? arghhhh i'm so low on health packs 2! only one large medipack and thats it! I cant even aim at her stupid sideflapse and i dunno if i even disabled any of stupid boaz's flaps! Why cant Kurtis just try to run on top of her and run off! I'm getting so pissed i have to constantly remind myself of my stupid kung fu class saying arghhh! Please help me! i'm getting pissy with the stinkin game! :ouch:

noone

Unregistered

Friday, August 15th 2003, 8:40am

beating boaz

I beat it... I went to the middle of the room, and spun around in circles firing when kurtis had an aim, and the square button does work, as long as he has a fix on the incorrect wing. if you do this long enough you can do it only using 1 large med pak. When she turns into a flying fairy like demon, hold down fire, and she doesn't even put up a fight. good luck!

Vannessa

Unregistered

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 10:39pm

Return of boaz

:sun: [/img][/code]

emo603

Unregistered

Monday, September 1st 2003, 12:29am

you can get boaz from the corner

go to the far corner and fire away at her head and then move slightly right and slightly left and keep firing away. She can't hurt you when you're in the corner.

It's kind of cheesin' but my daughter says we're cheesin' for a reason.

:ouch:

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 23rd 2003, 2:59pm

Re: Angel of Darkness - Boaz the spider creature

Quoted

Original von kenny72

What is the deal w/ Boaz? I'm going to throw my PS2 out the window. I am aware that i need to shoot her four wings where the green goo is meanwhile coming at me like a chain cannon, but after disabling the first two wings, good old Kurtis (whose disc weapon seems to be only for use in cutscenes, by the way) keeps pumping lead into the same place. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MANUALLY AIM? The manual says you can do it in stealth mode w/ your weapon drawn, but, alas, every time i try to draw my weapon in stealth mode, it kicks back into auto-targeting, and if i try to enter stealth mode w/ the weapon drawn, lo and behold he holsters it and crouches then usually takes a crushing blow from the spider. PLEASE HELP! :ouch:

I have been trying for 4 weeks now and nothing the manual that came with the game says the roll button which is true but then I suddenly get ozzed to death when I jump the green globs.

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 23rd 2003, 3:07pm

Re: How To Kill Boaz

Quoted

Original von anniem

First, draw your gun and face Boaz. You must get her to attack you head-on in order to get her into the mode where she rocks from side-to-side and shoots balls of green slime out of holes in her sides. These four holes (2 per side) are covered by "lids" and these lids are your targets.
The idea is not to shoot her in the face or to shoot directly into the exposed holes (both of which give you a satisfying splash of green blood), because this won't kill her.
You will be able to break the first two lids fairly easily because Kurtis will aim at them. The second two (the back ones) are harder because he keeps aiming at the front ones (or her legs, or the walls, or anything else in the room).
The secret is the button with the Orange Square on it (PS2). Once the first two lids are broken, tap that square button while firing to force Kurtis to re-target. He will then shoot at the rear "lids" and break them.
Once all four are broken, she dies (the first time).
You should have no trouble finishing the level after that.

I will try Im at work and can't wait to try this square button because its not fair I never give up and I was just about to till I read your posting. I'll let you know how i COME trough. :ouch: :o :(
Good Luck!!! :lol:

Monday, October 27th 2003, 1:17pm

angel of darkness

help me please someone ,i have been stuck on boaz for weeks now i am on pc has anyone got him yet ?

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Monday, October 27th 2003, 10:05pm

Re: angel of darkness

Quoted

Original von mags

help me please someone ,i have been stuck on boaz for weeks now i am on pc has anyone got him yet ?

Hi "Mags"
Don't worry about Boaz. I was stuck there too. To beat her, first shoot the head and she will start shooting out green stuff. See the flap things on her back? Shoot them (one bullet each will do). If you can't get him to target them, just look in the manual for the switch target button. If you run out of ammo there is some around. Also, to dodge her pincer attack just jump out of the way.
Anyway, after destroying the four flaps, she will become a mosquito type creature. To beat her just keep shooting, no muss, no fuss. After she dies, well, just see for yourself. (By the way, I have the PS2 version so I'm not sure everything will be the same)
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Monday, October 27th 2003, 10:27pm

It is the same in the PC Version.

JimiSue

Unregistered

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 11:00pm

How I beat Boaz

Firstly, I chilled, and read this entire thread.

What worked for me was first of all run into one of the right angle corners.

Then rapid fire (press the fire button fast 4 times) her head when she is almost on you.

Fast side jump and turn towards her. Hit fire. This should hit the first pod. if she is sliming you with globs of acid, hold down fire... you should get the chance for a single shot which is all you need.

Run to the other right angle corner. Repeat as above on other side to get the other pod.

Run to your original corner and shoot her fast 4 times to get the pods open. Jump to side and then forwards before turning in towards her (you cannot hit the pods through the covers, so you have to be a bit behind her). Tap the roll button (on the PC this is default mapped to the 'End' key... the above hints threw me until I realised I had rebound this to something else) and you should see him shift his aim slightly to the rear of the two pods. Hold down fire as above. If you miss your chance, you can run to a corner and repeat.

Run to other corner and repeat to get other side.

The spare ammo appears when you are on 0 bullets. It can be found fairly near the wall on a paler section of the floor. If you are good at escaping Boaz' attacks you should have little trouble getting it unmolested, but don't hang around there adjusting your postion to get the hand appearing - if you don't stop right on spot first time, move away and try again.

If she is on you and you can't escape, I found that jumping backwards and then immediately sideways got me away 90% of the time.

The fly. Irritating as heck. However. While you are pumping lead into her she will not move. But she takes about two full clips (maybe a bit more) to down. You will almost certainly have to do an ammo pick up during this fight. If you do a series of standing jumps forwards, I found she didn't attack me, although this can be a nightmare to line up for the pick up of ammo. This version of Boaz is not as fast though - you may have the chance to adjust your position to get the action hand indicator.

Do not shoot the thing while its eys are glowing blue - instead start bouncing and flipping around like Lara on happy pills - the fly has a blue lightning attack and is also IMMUNE to shots fired while in this mode so lay off the shooting and get with the gymnastic program.

I felt a bit sad for poor Kurtis at the end of this level. I'd started to grow a bit fond of the poor bumbling fool :roll:

Hope this helps someone :)

:sun: