You are not logged in.

Prague Boaz Returns

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kat

Unregistered

Monday, July 21st 2003, 5:11pm

i cant beat that stupid bug

:ouch: i have tried so many times to kill that stupid bug but cant. i have spent the last week trying to kill it and tried different tricks but nope. i am really close to throwing the damn game in the bin.
can someone PLEASE help me.[/b]

Guest - Dave

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 22nd 2003, 5:18am

Easy to kill Boaz

Who would have that it was that easy. I tried over two hours killing her and was only able to destroy two of the wings until I decided to check on here and found that the SQUARE button does work but only after you destroyed the first two wings. It only takes One try for each. Well at least it did for me.

So let her come straight at you and shoot her four times in the face (you'll see a spalsh). Do that a few times over and you'll destroy the first to wings in no time.

Then shoot her face to get her to start shooting from the wings and get on the side of her while she's shooting and push SQUARE and be ready to fire. Pushing the SQUARE will make Kurtis aim at her.

I must say I'm glad they entered Kurtis in the story line but not as a playing character. I think in the 2nd game they should show a spark/love between the two of them but I don't think we should play as him anymore.

Tomb raider is made for Lara Croft and the fact that you get to play as a girl is very different than most games. Not to forget but she definitaly has a unique look. Guys like Kurtis could be found in any other game and that would take Tomb Raider's value away. Theres also the fact that his moves aren't as great as Lara's.

:wink: Lara's the best and will always be :oops:

Unregistered

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:51pm

Re: How To Kill Boaz

Quoted

Original von ian white

Quoted

Original von anniem

First, draw your gun and face Boaz. You must get her to attack you head-on in order to get her into the mode where she rocks from side-to-side and shoots balls of green slime out of holes in her sides. These four holes (2 per side) are covered by "lids" and these lids are your targets.
The idea is not to shoot her in the face or to shoot directly into the exposed holes (both of which give you a satisfying splash of green blood), because this won't kill her.
You will be able to break the first two lids fairly easily because Kurtis will aim at them. The second two (the back ones) are harder because he keeps aiming at the front ones (or her legs, or the walls, or anything else in the room).
The secret is the button with the Orange Square on it (PS2). Once the first two lids are broken, tap that square button while firing to force Kurtis to re-target. He will then shoot at the rear "lids" and break them.
Once all four are broken, she dies (the first time).
You should have no trouble finishing the level after that.
Good Luck!!! :lol:
:ouch: yes that does work but you end up with so little life and ammo that how do you go on to kill the fly boaz turns into?

I find that I always run out of ammo long before I can get far. The boaz bit is easy but its that dragonfly that gets me each time. Kurtis just doesnt get enough ammo to last. Its silly, Kurtis has the biggest bosses to fight and the least ammo to do it with. Yet Lara has all that ammo and no guns to go with it near the end.

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:56pm

The thing I notice is that sometimes when I kill that dragonfly if its too near the walls then it disappears through it and I either have to wait ages to get the next part of the game or I have to reload and do the fight again. :ouch:
:evil:

ggg

Unregistered

Thursday, July 24th 2003, 4:59pm

easy way

OK here is the easy way. Go to a corner turn around and shoot four times till the bug starts swaying and spraying. Then just hit the END button on PC or the aim change on PS2 and shoot and it knocks out the poda with very little damage to kurtis. I had to run twice to reload but it only took 2 minutes to finish the level. Just remember to go to a corner and turn around that is the trick.
GGG

Tracy

Unregistered

Friday, July 25th 2003, 4:17pm

You guys are gonna kick yourselves so hard when you realise how easy this is. Umm.. just like I did on my 100th attempt :oops: :)

Unicorns Realm

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS2

Saturday, July 26th 2003, 2:32pm

I can usually get the four pods without too much damage, but the ammo always runs out just as the fourth one goes leaving me with nearly nothing to get the dragonfly with.
I normaly - at the start - run straight at the boaz creature to get the first bit then hit square for the sides.

freedove

Unregistered

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 3:14am

Here is the REAL secret to killing spider lady. Go to the corner next to where she came out of . The dirt will look different. I stood in the corner and as she rocked back and forth shooting green stuff I shot at her. Use the square button to change the hits and she is toast. Good luck !

Mozza

Unregistered

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 8:18am

Killing Boaz

I too have spent hours trying to kill Boaz. I have got destroying the front two pads down to a fine art but am unable to to get Kurtis to target the back two. I have the PC version and everyone says tapping End makes Kurtis switch to manual targeting. It doesn't work. Everytime I tap End, Kurtis just ducks and gets chewed by Boaz. Am I doing something wrong? Is there another secret End key that's invisible to the eye? Helllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!

freespace

Unregistered

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 9:37am

im not their yet but can i have some tips plz :ouch: man im only 10 and ouch that kills dont do this at home :borg: because this happens :o

freespace

Unregistered

Sunday, July 27th 2003, 12:20pm

Quoted

Original von freespace

im not their yet but can i have some tips plz :ouch: man im only 10 and ouch that kills dont do this at home :borg: because this happens :o

im not mad i just enjoy the game :oops:

freespace

Unregistered

Monday, July 28th 2003, 8:01am

:o :) :lol: :ouch: :mad: :borg: :-? :lol: :evil:

chicosat

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 29th 2003, 4:05am

BOAZ

:ouch:
Myabe this will help... a little. I've noticed if I wait until she's right in front of you... you hit her underbelly where the fly-lady is and she flashes green at each hit. If you have enough ammo to hit her several times, it stuns her. It gives you a few more seconds to find the clip in that big room and pick it up to start all over again. I've only managed to "stun" her once because I can't pinpoint where the clip is to get to it fast enough.

Anyone else tried this?

sandie

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS2

Tuesday, July 29th 2003, 3:10pm

Re: How To Kill Boaz

Quoted

Original von anniem

First, draw your gun and face Boaz. You must get her to attack you head-on in order to get her into the mode where she rocks from side-to-side and shoots balls of green slime out of holes in her sides. These four holes (2 per side) are covered by "lids" and these lids are your targets.
The idea is not to shoot her in the face or to shoot directly into the exposed holes (both of which give you a satisfying splash of green blood), because this won't kill her.
You will be able to break the first two lids fairly easily because Kurtis will aim at them. The second two (the back ones) are harder because he keeps aiming at the front ones (or her legs, or the walls, or anything else in the room).
The secret is the button with the Orange Square on it (PS2). Once the first two lids are broken, tap that square button while firing to force Kurtis to re-target. He will then shoot at the rear "lids" and break them.
Once all four are broken, she dies (the first time).
You should have no trouble finishing the level after that.
Good Luck!!! :lol:

OMG..................................THANK YOU..............i followed your instructions & it worked....................your instructions were the best on the net...................

my thumb was so sore & i had almost given up then i searched all of the forums & found your instructions ......................thank you again **-)

Numbnuts

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 9:59am

Re: Angel of Darkness - Boaz the spider creature

Quoted

Original von kenny72

What is the deal w/ Boaz? I'm going to throw my PS2 out the window. I am aware that i need to shoot her four wings where the green goo is meanwhile coming at me like a chain cannon, but after disabling the first two wings, good old Kurtis (whose disc weapon seems to be only for use in cutscenes, by the way) keeps pumping lead into the same place. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MANUALLY AIM? The manual says you can do it in stealth mode w/ your weapon drawn, but, alas, every time i try to draw my weapon in stealth mode, it kicks back into auto-targeting, and if i try to enter stealth mode w/ the weapon drawn, lo and behold he holsters it and crouches then usually takes a crushing blow from the spider. PLEASE HELP! :ouch:
:ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: So frustrated with boaz, smashed two controls & finally snapped the disc, thanx designers for so slow kurtis and numb controls!!!!

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 2:08pm

HIT ROLL W/ GUN DRAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! changes target....

solveig

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 2:42pm

Boaz

Quoted

Original von freespace

Here are a few different tips. The very first thing to do is to prepare this level from the previous one involving Kurtis. In the Maximum Containment Area try not to waste your health packs, chocolate bars. Leave this level making sure that you have at least 2 health packs (you can even have bangages and bars). Make sure also that you emptied Kurtis' gun and grab the last clip before leaving.
Get used to the idea that it's gonna take you some time to get used to Kurtis slow moves. It is, as it was said before, easier to shoot the first two pods (those on the front). When you did this, aim at the pods at the back using the roll/end button and pressing left or right depending on where you wanna go.. My personal experience is that it seemed easier to shoot Boaz when it was spewing the green stuff from the pods. So you're gonna lose a little life but as you saved your health packs... Quick save as soon as you shot a pod.

I hope this will work quick for all of you, just as it did for me. The rest of the game is much easier.
:sun: Good luck

freespace

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 9:39am

thanxs :sun:

Amanda H

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 1:24pm

Just managed to kill spider boaz but am now stuck with the fly version.

I run out of ammo! I've noticed people saying you can pick up more when you run out but where is it? Help please!?

I've got the PS2 vresion.

:ouch:

tmag

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 5:45pm

Boaz is dead!

Quoted

Original von freedove

Here is the REAL secret to killing spider lady. Go to the corner next to where she came out of . The dirt will look different. I stood in the corner and as she rocked back and forth shooting green stuff I shot at her. Use the square button to change the hits and she is toast. Good luck !

YES. This tip totally works! As soon as the battle started, I ran into the corner with the different dirt (completely, with my back against the wall). I held down the shoot button (X on PS2), and REPEATEDLY tapped the Square (PS2) button. I did not move one inch until it was over. Never had to use a health pack because the green goop never hurt me that bad. I finished in 3 tries. Not bad.

I still had plenty of ammo for the winged lady. This seems weird, but I think I only used about a 100 clips total. And I know that I started the battle with WAY more clips than I ended the previous Kurtis level with. Weird. I had like 850 clips to start with. A bug? Who cares? I'm done! YAY!

I've seen extra ammo when I was running around crazy before. I suggest running in a circle around Boaz, and keep rotating the camera to stay on the side of you as you go. You have a better chance of seeing the location of the clips this way. You can always reload a savegame and come back to that spot, right?