You are not logged in.

Prague Boaz Returns

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Thursday, July 10th 2003, 5:23pm

Oh, and in anticipation that the fly version of Boaz is NOT easy, please include the EXACT sequence need to kill that version.

I want to eradicate Boaz as quickly and easily as possible. This is not fun. Ceased being fun after the FIRST attempt.

-rick

spelunker

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS2

Thursday, July 10th 2003, 8:48pm

Boaz tricks

Here are my hints and tips about taking out Boaz:

1. When she approaches straight-on, shoot her 4 times in the head, located on the underbelly. If you do it right, she will sway from side to side, spewing. Kurtis will remain unhurt (mostly) during those thrashings. When she pauses, another 4 rounds of bullets will keep the swaying going. You can hope that one of your bullets will hit one of the front spewing hole flaps but that will not likely happen.

2. During swaying or as she approaches, with Kurtis lined up head-on, jump sideways. Shoot. You will have a much better chance of hitting one of the flaps.

3. Yes, to hit the back flaps, you need to hit the square button WHILE holding down the fire (X) button.

4. Use the four-hits-to-the-head, swaying back and forth trick as a way of taking a breather and/or to side-jump to the other side, if required.

5. If you keep shimmying to one side, you can slowly circle around her, usually avoiding the slime. Shimmy is accomplished by holding the WALK button and then moving the analog stick to one side. You might get off a shot to a flap using this method.

6. If she starts projectile vomiting, get out of the way! Usually jumping sideways works. That stuff is deadly. It is another opportunity to shoot her sides and those flaps as well if you jump to her side.

7. When she is on the move, she will track your ass down. Approach her from the front, wait for the swaying or projectile vomiting and side-jump to get a decent shot. Hmmm, I think I'm repeating myself (point 2).

8. After hitting all four side flaps (I think one hit to each is good enough, not sure), she'll thrash around briefly and then a short cutscene as Boaz emerges as a dragonfly-kinda thing. Just keep hitting the FIRE button till the thing is (nearly) dead. No tricks required!

Once I realized that the swaying-shoot-head-four-times trick was not allowing me a good shot of the flaps, I had her down in no time just with a few side steps and jumps.

I'm answering my own questions and unfortunately there is no set sequence to defeating her (that I found). Just a few tricks to get a good shot at her side flaps.

And then...Lara leaves him there to die!

-rick

spelunker

New Raider

Thursday, July 10th 2003, 8:52pm

bad-word?

a-s-s is a bad word?! When it is said every night on prime-time TV?

skalpjaeger

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2003, 9:24am

square button ???

hi all,

what da hell is a "square button", cann you tell me? i am german and have no plan what a square button is.... i cant beat boaz, somebody have a savagame after boaz? (PC Game!!)

plzzzz

skalpi@gmx.de

thx

Zap

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2003, 11:18am

I bet Boaz once, but I didn´t save the game there. Then I die little later... Now I have been fighting with Boaz about six hours but I can´t beat it again... Could someone save the game after Boaz and send that to me... Thanks

zapraider@yahoo.com

-Zap-

spelunker

New Raider

Friday, July 11th 2003, 3:04pm

SQUARE button

The "square" button is a PlayStation2 controller button. It has a pink square on it. It is the button/key/combo that will make Kurtis/Lara re-target to another enemy besides the default. (The front flaps of Boaz remain the default target.)

Sorry don't know what the equivalent is on a P.C. Should be in the manual somewheres...and I hope it is accurate.

**All these games with these ridiculous "bosses" should have a "had enough" button to just bypass the nonsense of trying to beat them. I am not interested in knowing the right button combinations/sequence dreamed up by some sadistic game programmer. Until then, remember to side-step or side-jump while Boaz is either swaying back-n-forth or spewing vomit and then hit "FIRE (X-button)" or "SECONDARY-TARGET (square-button) while holding FIRE (X-button)".

-rick

Zero Gravity

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2003, 8:07pm

Re: How To Kill Boaz

:ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

Is there anyone who's playing the game in PC and has killed Boaz???
Im seriously pissed of here, i even used cheat codes (god mode and full ammo), i emptied about 200 clips but the stupid Kurtis is still aming the destroyed wings!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
is this some kind of game bug or it's required some kind of strategy that my idiot mind cant figure out????
what do i have to do to manualy aim to the remaining side wings??? there is no button as far as i'm concerned for manual aiming in PC.....

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2003, 8:27pm

Re: How To Kill Boaz

[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

For PC users....
The "switch target" button is the "End" button... Tap it while firing and moron Kurtis will start firing the remaining wings...!!!! I just did it and killed Boaz easily!!!!

P.S Kurties after killes spider Boaz says: "That wasn't hard"!!!
F**K OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greg

Unregistered

Saturday, July 12th 2003, 2:24pm

indestructable boaz

got to boaz in 3 evenings been fighting her for 4 a total of about 5 hours please help b4 disc goes frizby

cdslinger2

Unregistered

Sunday, July 13th 2003, 1:08am

yep

I thought the worst was over after I beat that stupid red ghost in that archaeology level where the statues throw the picture around. . .. but then I got to boaz--- the stupidest boss in the history of all tomb raider games. I beat the tomb raider 2 final dragon boss in about five minutes with ease even when I was on fire!!! this boaz thing really is very stupid because you don't have any other weapons besides kurtis's homemade bb gun he carries with him. And besides that, your targeting system is so bad even when you do sacrifice half of your life for a clip, you just end up firing your precious ammo into deep space. poorly designed level. Guaranteed, if I was playing as lara, I would have beaten thegame by now!!!! so somebody please help and find some easier way.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Sunday, July 13th 2003, 2:31am

First: Stay calm.
Second: Aim a couple of shots at the head till Boaz starts spitting the green stuff. Then you have to get to one side - one or two sideflips - and aim at the flaps by the parts where the green stuff comes out. Kurtis will aim at the first. To aim at the second press End or Square (PC or PS2) once, so he will change his target.
Repeat this on the other side and when all four are gone you are done (for now)

Shoot Boaz in the head to slow her down and provoke her to spit....

when you are low on ammo you should fire the rest at her head so she is confused, this will buy you some time to collect ammo.

Save early and often and always in different slots...

Calculate one pick up of ammo for one flap.

Do not stand still and if Boaz is moving hit the head

Sunday, July 13th 2003, 7:06pm

Angel of Darkness - Boaz - nasty spiderwoman

does anyone know how to kill that :evil: spider woman boreaz in boreaz return where yuou play as kurtis?i manage to hit a weak spot but then get slashed to ribbons :oops:

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, July 13th 2003, 9:05pm

You have to provoke the spider to spit green stuff... and then shoot the lids. All four lids gone, spider gone

digital_shiva

Unregistered

Sunday, July 13th 2003, 10:30pm

beat boaz with no skills whatsoever

i can't believe so many people are still having problems with boaz. the trick to beating her IS to use the square button to switch targets. if you're thinking "tried that already! didn't work!" then you gave up too soon. try again. this time, do not stand in front of her if you can manage it. :wink:

you must run (or in kurt's case, limp sluggishly) beside her -- closer to her rear than her front -- waiting until the pods have opened on either side. note: if the pods are not open, he will shoot at everything besides the pods so don't bother wasting the effort or the ammo. once the pod lids have flapped open (the neon-green is showing), hold down the X button and REPEATEDLY :ouch: TAP the SQUARE button. in other words, do not let go of the X button until you have to run around her to shoot out the other pods. if the response is lagging, kurt may do a roll, but if you tap the square button quick enough, you can actually see kurt switch his gun between targets while shooting. it's also good to keep moving toward her rear as boaz will try to face you and use that fang/pincer attack of hers.

when both lids on one side are destroyed, it's a good idea to save then run to the opposite side of her body by running BEHIND her -- unless you enjoy watching kurt get struck with stomach acid. if you do find yourself caught in front of her, don't bother trying to pull some stunts and dodge her green stomach acid or whatever that stuff is -- all that will lead to is frustration and hair loss as KURT IS TOO SLOW. if it was lara, you could impress your girl/boyfriend with some some swan dives, rolls, whatever, but it's kurt so... forget about it! also, don't bother shooting while in front of her as kurt will contantly auto-aim at that area beneath her body. i think kurt's auto-aim is directed toward that area to throw you off and annoy the hell out of you. :x

i was able to kill boaz under five minutes using this technique without having to use a health item because boaz only hit me once with her acid. but you need not worry too much about wasting health because kurt won't be needing it after this battle. once all four protective pods are destroyed, boaz will sink to the ground before she transforms into the female version of "the fly." it is a good idea to save here in case there is an electrical blackout or you drop your controller and it breaks, etc so you don't have to go through the process of haphazardly shooting those pods again.

simply hold down the X button and walk backward. boaz in her fly form is so pathetic, she won't even bug you. after boaz/the fly goes down, walk up to the carcass and press X to see why kurt won't have to worry about risking his neck to collect anymore medi-packs. and i thought he and lara were going to fall in love and have superhuman babies... now if you STILL can't defeat boaz, i am sorry to say that you are hopeless unless you can find someone who can beat it for you. :cry:

jeteng111

New Raider

TR Platforms: PC

Monday, July 14th 2003, 2:56pm

Angel of Darkness - I hate Boaz

That damn bug.. I cant kill it.. I need to know the "change target" button for PC.. Pleeeeaaaassseeeeeee gimmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pleaaaaaaseee I really hate her :)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, July 14th 2003, 3:07pm

It's the roll button.

Default:
End for PC Useres
Square for PS2

Drake Tungsten

New Raider

TR Platforms: PC

Monday, July 14th 2003, 11:36pm

Boaz sucks,this game sucks and I quit

Unless someone posts a save game to get past this stupid boaz boss thing I'm quitting and taking the game back to the store.Kurtis sucks,is slow as hell and after reading every post in here and every tip to beat it i still can't.What makes me the most angry is the fact that I have never given up on a tombraider game,and I have beaten them all with no cheats,but this is so rediculous it's no longer worth my effort.I am sorely dissapointed,When it ceases to be fun then it's no longer considered a game...but a ripoff...I will never buy another Eidos game again in my life...take care Lara Croft.... :x
All things being equal,the simplest solution has to be the correct one.

s@int

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 16th 2003, 11:09am

...any tip available???

Is there any particular way to kill that spider ? human monster?? I don?t have any ammo left!!

monbon2004

Unregistered

Sunday, July 20th 2003, 11:34pm

Re: Angel of Darkness - Boaz the spider creature

Dude-I freakin wanted to shoot kurtis so bad-but what ya have to do is tap the roll button and he'll aim at the back ones-I dunno how the hell we were suppose to figure that one out when it doesn't say that in the damn manual-it says something like L2, my ass. So there ya go.

monbon2004

Unregistered

Sunday, July 20th 2003, 11:34pm

Re: Angel of Darkness - Boaz the spider creature

Dude-I freakin wanted to shoot kurtis so bad-but what ya have to do is tap the roll button and he'll aim at the back ones-I dunno how the hell we were suppose to figure that one out when it doesn't say that in the damn manual-it says something like L2, my ass. So there ya go.