You are not logged in.

Antarctica Metorite Cavern

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Wednesday, March 12th 2003, 9:36pm

Metorite Cavern

I know that you have to kill the spider thingy before collecting each artefact, but so far have only collected one, then it blasts me.

Does anyone have a saved game for just after collecting all four, as it is getting a bit tedious to say the least?

Many thanks in anticpiation :ouch:

Friday, August 15th 2003, 9:45am

Dude, i know exactly how you feel, when i got stuck on that level i gave up after about 50 tries! The easiest way to get passed that spider is to just skip the level! That's what i did. Although, you may not want to do that seeing how it is the last level.
C ya - from - Amy Lee Clews

Monday, October 20th 2003, 1:54pm

I have rear one, a Savegame unfortunately not in addition. But you really need one? How did I understand it you am killed, if you waive and to the ring to return want a crystal? Tries a rhythm to find. I count always the steps, the Lara need around projection/lead to have and consumption of ammunition thereby the spider am b and the Lara enough time have.

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

• "laracroft2009" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Tuesday, May 18th 2004, 5:03am

The spider is near you. When I was playing the level I had the spider near one of the artifacts and when I was coming back he blast me. (I have it on playstaion.) I think everyone had trouble with this.
<<Dan the Raider>>
----------------------------------------
www.tombraiderfans.20m.com Where we raid tombs with Lara Croft!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 17th 2004, 5:02am

The Spider Guy

Killing that thing is not easy but it can be done. I have a step-by-step solution that I put together that can be used to collect all four collections and kill the spider. If you would like it give an e-mail address and it is yours. It is too long to post here. It worked for me. It might take a few tries but it works. I believe the creators of that level made it look impossible but it is not.
Pauliez

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Wednesday, November 17th 2004, 10:26am

I think you should post it here anyway. Nothing's too long to be posted. And if it might help a lot of people it's worth it.

Thursday, November 18th 2004, 3:21am

TR III Meteorite Cavern

This is my way (pauliez) of getting that Dr. Willard at the end of TR III's Meteorite Cavern. Hope it helps all that can use it. You might get lucky and have it work for you the first time or the second or third. It works for me every time I use it. Good luck and please follow the details closely

Before you start Meteorite Cavern level you must save you Desert Eagle Ammo in this game for the beginning of this level. Also look at the meteorite pit as a clock. 6 O’clock is where Lara enters, 3 O’clock is to her right, 9 O’clock is to her left and 12 O’clock is straight ahead.

When this level starts Lara will find herself standing at the 6 O’clock position of a large diamond shaped pit and you must immediately hit the Esc Key to freeze the game.

At this point, arm Lara with the Desert Eagle Pistol, have her quickly step into the Inner Circle and hit the Esc Key again to freeze the game once more.

On the opposite side of this large diamond shaped pit is Dr. Willard, who has now changed into a large hideous spider creature.

In the center of this pit is a large Meteorite floating over a Deadly Lava Pit and all around the pit are four more Deadly Lava Pits.

On each side of the center pit are four Long Tunnels with the four Artifacts at the end of each one that Dr. Willard stole from Lara at the end of the Antarctica level.

Dr. Willard, being the spider creature now can walk slightly faster than Lara can run, so Lara must try at all times stay away from him or stay on the opposite side of the pit from him.

If Dr. Willard stops moving, he can launch two Fireballs that will kill Lara instantly if she is not inside the inner circle bordered by the white edges.

If while Lara is running around the cavern in the inner circle and Dr. Willard catches up with her, he can impale her with his Front Arms that will kill her.

To help Lara collect all four Artifacts, she should use the Desert Eagle Pistol to shoot at Dr. Willard eight to ten times.

These eight to ten shots from the Desert Eagle Pistol will not kill Dr. Willard, but only stun him for approximately eight seconds.

Once Lara has collected the last Artifact, the Meteorite will fall into the Deadly Lava Pit, then and only then will Lara be able to shoot at Dr. Willard to kill him.

Hit the Esc Key to restart the game, Lara should still be at the 6 O’clock Position and fire eight to ten shots at Dr. Willard to stun him.

When Dr. Willard starts to fall, run around to the right, inside the inner circle, to the Twelve O’clock Position and turn around so that Lara’s back is SQUARELY facing the tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to move, fire eight to ten shots at him to stun him and at the same time start hopping backwards down the long tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to fall, reverse roll, sprint to the end of the long tunnel to collect Ora Dagger and reverse roll again.

Draw weapons, sprint forward back to the Twelve 0’clock Position and at the same time fire eight to ten shots at Dr. Willard to stun him. (SAVE GAME, YOU NOW HAVE ONE OF FOUR ITEMS).

Run around to the right, inside the inner circle, to the Six O’clock Position and turn around so that Lara’s back is SQUARELY facing the long tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to move fire eight to ten shots at him to stun him and at the same time start hopping backwards down the long tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to fall, reverse roll, sprint to the end of the long tunnel, collect Element 115 and reverse roll again.

Draw weapons, sprint forward back to the Six O’clock Position, and at the same time fire eight to ten shots at Dr. Willard to stun him which will cause him to fall very close to Lara. (SAVE GAME, YOU NOW HAVE TWO OF FOUR ITEMS).

Run around to the right, inside the inner circle, to the Three O’clock Position, turn to face Dr. Willard and fire eight to ten shots at him to stun him.

Run around to the right, inside the inner circle, to the Nine O’clock Position and turn around so that Lara’s back is SQUARELY facing the long tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to move fire eight to ten shots at him to stun him and at the same time start hopping backwards down the long tunnel behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to fall reverse roll, sprint forward to the end of the long tunnel to collect Eye Of Isis and reverse roll again.

Draw weapons, sprint forward back to the Nine O’clock Position and at the same time fire eight to ten shots at Dr. Willard to stun him. (SAVE GAME, YOU NOW HAVE THREE OF FOUR ITEMS).

Run around to the right to the Three O’clock Position, turn around so that Lara’s back is SQUARELY facing the long tunnel behind her behind her.

When Dr. Willard starts to move fire eight to ten shots at him to stun him and at the same time start hopping backwards down the long tunnel.

When Dr. Willard starts to fall reverse roll, sprint down the long tunnel to collect Infada Stone and reverse roll again.

Draw weapons, sprint forward back to the Three O’clock Position, at the same time start firing at Dr. Willard and keep firing it at him until he explodes. (SAVE GAME, YOU NOW HAVE FOUR OF FOUR ITEMS).

You can now enjoy the rest of the game in what I call a more relaxed mood. You know “PHEW”

I emphases “having Lara’s back SQUARELY facing the long tunnel behind her” because if her back is slightly facing to the right or left, she could hop backwards into a wall, which would loose precious seconds or into one of the Deadly Lava Pits on each side of the long tunnels.

If anyone can improve on this method, please post it for us all to try.

Below is a layout I made of the cavern that can help.
Pauliez