You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Miss Croft

New Raider

• "Miss Croft" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld,Sims 3

Friday, April 27th 2007, 10:14pm

I liked TR6 very much.I enjoyed playing it and I was a little bit sad when I finished it... :( Everybody says that consoles are difficult,but I dont see the problem.It was quite easy for me :-)...
I havent played TR7 yet,but I will get it soon :-).I just wanted to know,could enyone tell me, is it a DVD edition of the game , or normal...? :-)

CocoLara

New Raider

• "CocoLara" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider 2 again!

Sunday, May 6th 2007, 4:22pm

Tomb Raider Legend!

I liked 6 alot (no I mean really alot) with a nice story,Lara looks better to me,and there was amazing new things to do!

Why I picked Legend tho is because Angel of Darkness just had to many bugs.Some bugs were good,and alot are really really bad lol.

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: tomb raider anniversary

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 6:30pm

:rope: :legend:6 was well hard and too confusing.It didn't fell like tomb raider material. Unlike legend.

Vesper

Archaeologist

• "Vesper" has been banned

TR Platforms: PS2 GBC GBA

Currently Playing: Dark Angel

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 6:50pm

Angel of Darkness wasn't really a 'Tomb Raider' game to me. More mystery and sci-fi-ish.

Legend was a lot better. I beat Angel of Darkness because I wanted to. I can't hate a TR game no matter what, but it wasn't the best.

Dalek126

Starting Raider

• "Dalek126" is female

Currently Playing: Phoenix Wright "Ace Attorney" (DS)

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 5:51pm

AoD vs Legend

Yeah, I can't hate Tomb Raider either. But I did have a big problem with the bugs in the game. It also took a long time to get to the end, for me. The worst problem for me was when Lara stubbornly refused to catch the ledges in the levels and it would take me about three tries to achieve my goal.
I like Tomb Raider Legend more; it had improved graphics and a simpler storyline.

:aodjeans vs :legend:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 6:32pm

It wasn't because Lara refused to catch ledges, it was because the controls and mechanics sucked. Core Design completely ruined what could have been a good game and I'm glad they no longer share part in the Tomb Raider franchise.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 7:34pm

It wasn't because Lara refused to catch ledges, it was because the controls and mechanics sucked. Core Design completely ruined what could have been a good game and I'm glad they no longer share part in the Tomb Raider franchise.

That sounds a bit harsh. From what I've heard however the ones who worked for Core making AoD weren't all the same people that made the classic games, and they stubbornly clung to the original controls which are outdated if you do not have a surrounding made out of blocks.

They did great in the first games and not all was bad with TR6.

Dalek126

Starting Raider

• "Dalek126" is female

Currently Playing: Phoenix Wright "Ace Attorney" (DS)

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 7:36pm

Angel of Darkness

I think that they defiantly should have paid more attention to the controls and mechanics. It seems like it was a last minute decision.

Even though I liked the early games, I'm glad they didn't continue making them, because Tomb Raider Legend is the best game in the entire series.

:legend:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 9:21pm

That sounds a bit harsh. From what I've heard however the ones who worked for Core making AoD weren't all the same people that made the classic games, and they stubbornly clung to the original controls which are outdated if you do not have a surrounding made out of blocks.

They did great in the first games and not all was bad with TR6.
Right, they worked for Core. The people who worked for them that made AOD did not work on the classic games. That’s why they were good and AOD wasn’t. Don’t get me wrong, I loved AOD’s aspect but if it wasn’t rushed, they would have been able to make an awesome game which matched with an awesome plot.

However, it was the fault of Core itself for not properly teaching the foreign employees that they should change most of the controls because of the new gameplay mechanism. I’m not blaming those employees (the ones who did Angel of Darkness and not the older games), for it wasn’t their fault. I do blame Core however for obviously not informing them of exactly what they wanted done.

Core did a fine job with the original games, but they got too snippy for their own good and didn’t properly use the new employees to their capacity. I’m probably not making sense anymore but it was obviously Core’s fault, and it was right for Eidos to fire them. Aside from Tomb Raider, during their partnership and after they were fired, no other games came from Core. That clearly says something.

But I never said TR6 was a bad game itself, just the controls and mechanics. Notice how on PS2, even though it's the same controller as PS1, the controls are completely different.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Probie

New Raider

• "Probie" is female

Currently Playing: "Half Life 2" and also "Tomb Raider The Last Revelation"

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 5:42pm

I prefer Tomb Raider Legend to Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.
The beginning of Angel of Darkness where Lara is running away I would of really liked to have played. I know that they wanted you to learn the controls but you could of learned them in the apartment, and then you can do the chase scene. I found it annoying when the game pauses you when you were in the middle of moving to give you a demonstration on where to go next. When I was playing it the first time I went near the dog and the game told me to go next, however the dog was biting me and my health went down to very low.
In the beginning of Legend it wasn't the quick action chase like we saw in AoD, but it gave you time to learn the controls in the surrounding area.

The end of AoD was very confusing. I heard on a site that the game was 1/3 and there was going to be a trilogy, I don't know if this is true or not. The end seemed to be very...I don't know the word, the boss battle was one of the easiest ones in the game, and the cinematic seemed unfinished

However I loved Legend's ending, it seemed to get me more interested in Tomb Raider. I was completely :shock: , and I froze for a few more minutes before realising I wouldn't get the next part for several years. I can't wait for Underworld!