You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Thursday, July 17th 2008, 9:29pm

Yeah, I mean with me, I'm so used to consoles, anything else would be obsolete. That's why whenever I play computer games that require the keyboard for movement, (even though I wouldn't play it on the PC), I would no doubt get frustrated.

Complicated, I would have to say.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TR Underworld

Friday, July 18th 2008, 6:30am

Just using the mouse, that's the best idea ever. :awe Probably need some more buttons installed. :think:
I came.... I saw... I wondered.......!

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Friday, July 18th 2008, 2:43pm

You seem to be missing the point, questy, ;-) . Buttons = no.

Using just the mouse (like in the Sims 2) was genius. No need to physically control them step by step, but instead, giving them commands to do this, or sit here, or run here, etc. No complicated keyboard usage, having to remember what button does what, etc. That's what consoles are for, in which this is a lot easier because you have a controller.

If you ask me, PC games and console games are quite distinctly different.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Saturday, July 19th 2008, 12:00pm

I basically except for when I'm using my console gamepad on my PC ;-)

I played Anniversary without yesterday and well it sucked beyond belief.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 3:05am

What do you mean by missing the point? Playing tombraider you are shooting, jumping, climbing, picking up things etc...
Which means clicking. And to click you need at least one button. :think:
The ideal solution would be virtual reality. Now that'd be awesome :thumbs:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 12:40pm

@tombraidergirl, [hehe] as I thought. I played the demo to Legend on my PC a while ago, and it was complicated.

@questy, exactly. I wasn't talking about using the mouse on Tomb Raider, I was talking about the Sims, ;-) . Using only the mouse on Tomb Raider might be even more complicated than one would imagine...unless you want the same basic layout of the Wii on your PC.

Moving the mouse to move Lara...like the Wii, with less physical movement, :box .
RPG Character Profile

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Monday, July 21st 2008, 10:25am

Yeah, how exactly do you play Tr on the Wii ? :-) Since I don't have a Wii, I really can't comment on your suggestion.Sorry ... :shy:
But I'm impressed, you actually tried out the demo ( legend ) on the PC. :thumbs:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Monday, July 21st 2008, 11:31am

Yeah, but stupid me :slapforehead . Made my computer run slow until I uninstalled it. Anyhoo, I never tried TR on the Wii, but no doubt it was all physical arm movement.
RPG Character Profile

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Tuesday, July 22nd 2008, 10:42am

Now you got me really curious about the Wii. Physical arm movement, sounds cool. Think I go to my local EB and have a try-out. :think:

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Tuesday, July 22nd 2008, 7:51pm

Have you not heard of the Wii, or just not have tried it? It's nothing special, believe me. It's main selling point is that it is different than other consoles, but the graphics could use a bit of improvement. I've seen better on PS2, but that's just my opinion.

Most games for the Wii are cartoonish, like the family games.
RPG Character Profile

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 9:17am

Of course I've heard of the Wii. Just never tried it. :-) And you are right the games are more for the little ones. :pat

Wednesday, July 23rd 2008, 10:34am

yeah...i have a wii...its realy nice. but ur right, i think if the wii has a grafic like the ps3 or xbox360...no other console would be seld anymore :grins its the only negative point i can find at the wii. the wii with a state-of-art-grafic-hardware - that would be WOW! otherwise..its not more worse than a ps2 and therefore exists a lot of games..without this cmoic style.... ;(
..but btw...resident evil for wii!!! ... its not for -> :pat

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 8:14am

S'pose you're right about R.E.. That's certainly not for the lil' ones. :think: And you are correct about the graphics. There on par with the good old PS2. Which wasn't all that bad. :-)

Raider Man

New Raider

TR Platforms: PC PlayStation PS2 PS3

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 12:29pm

Wii is good but not as for the PS2 and Xbox 360, the consoles are seems harder than the PS consoles. Anyway, TR games seems so realistic for the Xbox 360 than the PS2, PS2 was good as for the PS3 it had been completely changed like you have the Xbox 360 machine, anyway, I am a PS player, I play games for the PC too but not alot and I prefer PS, but the classic TR are the only one which I play them in PC, the television seems a little bit long, and it let the graphics get a little weak, as for the PC, its small and the screen takes the sqaure shape, so the graphics are GREAT not as for the PS, if you want to take the laptop, well it also seems great but the only reason is that Lara will seem a little fat, classic TR games are the only one must be played in PC, as for the other TR games 7,A,8 comes for PS2 and 3. LOL!! If you played them in PC it will be the same as for the classic TR in PS1 LOL so its in opposite!!
:D By the way I am a new here, name Khalid from Lebanon (An arab country) 17 years old. Hellow all.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 9:39am

Hello Khalid and welcome!
I have played every one TR game on my trusty PC. And I have not had any problems with her shape or size. Anyway, you can adjust her size on the screen ( by adjusting the screen itself ) so you don't have to suffer a short and fat or long and skinny Lara. The old TR games (TR1-TR4 ) look better on the PC because it is a smaller screen then the TV ( not as grainy - resolution )

BethRaider16

Casual Explorer

• "BethRaider16" is female

TR Platforms: PS1, PS2 & PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation

Sunday, March 8th 2009, 2:42pm

I've only played the whole series on the PS1 and PS2 so I can't really say.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 6:22am

I don't think Raider-man is listening . What are we going to do now ? Sending out a search party or shall we just report him missing ? [hehe]
Decisions, decisions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Monday, March 16th 2009, 10:32pm

Had to join in :D

I'd have to say PS2. I've only ever owned 3 consoles : PS1, PS2, and Wii.

I had the PS1 to play Tomb Raider 2 on but at that time I was also playing on PS2 most of the time, meaning I'd gotten myself used to using joysticks. I had joysticks on the PS1 but couldn't use them because if you pressed the button to turn them on it said the controller was unplugged, so this was a bit complicated for me.

Using the PS2 and being able to control everything with buttons is better for me instead of having to go through various menus like on the old TR games. I wouldn't really want to try it on other consoles such as the Xbox though, as I find the controller too complicated and the buttons, even though they are simply placed, are too hard for me to find and I can never work out what they do. With the Playstation, you know where everything is and what it does, instantly.

I haven't tried playing it on the Wii because it belongs to the rest of my household aswell as me so I'm not willing to buy a game just for me that no one else is going to enjoy. I have heard that it's easier than one would think to play it on Wii but I don't think I'll be giving it a try anytime soon.

To conclude, PS2 gets my vote here. Thank you and goodnight.

questy43

Archaeologist

• "questy43" is male

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 9:43am

Well, I never had the PS2 console but I do have my trusty PC and the X-Box 360. Can't say that I have any trouble with either platform, but then again I'm used to them. I probably would find it hard to change to any other platform now. So I do understand your predicament. :thumbsup
And btw, I like it when others join in to a conversation. :thumbsup That's what a forum's for anyway. :D

EmEssEn

Average Raider

• "EmEssEn" is female

TR Platforms: PS2

Tuesday, March 17th 2009, 11:38am

Lol yeah, but I feel kinda bad because a lot of the topics aren't written on for a few weeks or so before I come along so it's a bit like "should I? should I really?" :D

Anyway, back on topic!

I would find it harder to switch from Playstation to PC, because of all the buttons. I would assume that not all of the keys on the keyboard have a function in the games, which I would find confusing. It takes me a long time, even if I've read the instructions, to work out what key does what and how I would be able to press them at the same time if necessary. With practice I'd probably be alright but I'd probably just get annoyed and give up in the early stages. :D