You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male
  • "Crane" started this thread

Monday, December 13th 2004, 3:41am

i've got some questions

I've got some questions:
1: i want to download stuff but i dont know what to do after downloading. How do i use them in the level editor?
2: How can i create rain i my level?
3: I downloaded LE from tombraiderchronicles.com but somehow i didn't received the folder "maps" and the file "script.txt". some other folders are missing. Why? If someone can send me the"script.txt" file, i'll be very thankful. :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:
Nothing is completely wrong in the world. Even a broken clock shows the correct time twice every day. *Cool, don't you think?*

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: RDR2

Monday, December 13th 2004, 10:59am

What have you donsloaded? Objects, Outfits, Textures?

1. To get Objects or Outfits into your wad (that is the object file you'll have to use) you need one of the following programs, either Wadmerger or TRWest. I think the Wadmerger is easier to use and TRWest did crash a couple of times when using. The Wadmerger is more forgiving.

2. There is no rain as such. Some people on http://www.trsearch.org/ offer a rain object, I have no experience with it, so you have to see for yourself. You can only build levels with rain in the unofficial level editor: http://www.geocities.com/cyber_delphi/

3. Script.txt is attached

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Saturday, December 18th 2004, 4:21pm

THANKS!!!

I'm so happy! Thank you for the informations!
I just want to know if WADmerger is in German. If it's in German, :ouch: i don't understand German.
Anyway, thanks!
Nothing is completely wrong in the world. Even a broken clock shows the correct time twice every day. *Cool, don't you think?*

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Saturday, December 18th 2004, 7:22pm

More questions (i know it's getting boring...)

I've put a lot of mummies in my level. can the crossbow explosive ammo kill them?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Saturday, December 18th 2004, 7:42pm

No, wadmerger is in english at least there is an englisch version.

Looks like there are a few mazes in there ;-) Maybe you should delete your image, otherwise cheaters might see where they have to go in the completed level ;-)

Explosive Ammo (Crossbow or Grenade Launcher) can gernally wipe out all mummies or skeletons in close proximity.

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Saturday, December 25th 2004, 2:12am

Can Lara jump over death squares (the yellow ones) without dying? Or will she catch fire even if she jumps over it?

crane2

New Raider

• "crane2" is male

Saturday, December 25th 2004, 12:22pm

How can I create objects? I want to edit the TGA pack I've got. How can i do this?
LARA: I only want the artefact!
SOPHIA: Right! In your next life!
LARA: [drawing weapons]Well see...

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, December 26th 2004, 12:38pm

If she does not touch them, she should be ok.

To create new objects you have to get familiar with a tool called "Metasequoia" But you should check out http://www.trsearch.org/ .
They have tons of objects in their database.

You can get them into your wad (the TGA is just the texture file can be edited with any graphics program that can handle TGA) by using either the Wadmerger or TRWest.

You should find all those tools on http://www.trsearch.org/Tools.php as well

crane2

New Raider

• "crane2" is male

Monday, January 10th 2005, 2:27am

Thanks! Your name will be in the credits of my level! (I'll be sendind it to u soon... maybe it's better if someone test it before releasing it)
You're right. I've visited trsearch and they've got a lot of stuff. Maybe I don't need to create objects for now.
What program can handle TGA files?
Thanks anyway!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, January 10th 2005, 11:24am

What do you mean by handle TGA Files. The tgas are the textures, any better graphics program can do that, for example Photoshop Elemets (much cheaper that the full Photoshop - I even got it for free with my website), Corel Draw or something like that.

P.S.
Why did you register again? Have you lost your password? You should always contact me first, I can fix anything, it get's too confusing.

crane2

New Raider

• "crane2" is male

Tuesday, January 18th 2005, 3:07am

Ok, thanks! I'll try to find any of these programs.
I was changing my profile, then I decided to change my email. I did it, then the forum said that my account had been deactivated because of it. So, i had to register again, using the name"crane2"
Another thing: Sometimes I try to access the forum, but i receive a error message saying that the page doesn't exist. The same goes for Wiki Raider and your Blog. It's happening since X-mas. What's going on?
Thanx!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, January 18th 2005, 11:00am

No, No, you never have to register again, you email me, when there is a problem like that.

I never get these arror messages, so I cannot tell you. If this happend just press reload - if this does not help, you might want to clear out all cookies and your browser cache.

crane2

New Raider

• "crane2" is male

Tuesday, January 25th 2005, 2:02am

Thanks! Now i figured out something odd: I don't have english.txt, like the script.txt, can u help me please?

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, January 25th 2005, 8:31am

Take this one:

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Saturday, January 29th 2005, 2:15am

Thanks

TRG, thanx! U helped me a lot. Thanx! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
And I fixed the problem. Thanx!!!!! [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]
Keep the excellent work!!!

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

• "laracroft2009" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Tuesday, February 8th 2005, 12:25am

I was wondering what water looked like in the level editor, can you please put a screenshot of water up because I'm trying to put water in my levels and I have done everything the mannual told me too.
<<Dan the Raider>>
----------------------------------------
www.tombraiderfans.20m.com Where we raid tombs with Lara Croft!!!!!!

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Tuesday, February 8th 2005, 5:29pm

First, set up the animation ranges. If you don't do that, the water won't animate. The water have to be in another room. Select the door in the plan view mode, click "toogle opacity 2", and then "transparent" and "double sided". Apply the textures randomly to make your water look water. And don't forget to click the W button under the plan view! If things were done correctly, you have this:
(I deleted the picture to place another one)

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

• "laracroft2009" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Tuesday, February 8th 2005, 11:27pm

Thanks. But I want to place the water textures in a speific place how do I do that with out making my whole level underwater??? In other words how do I make it look like your screenshot???? Because I tryied it and the water fill my whole level.
<<Dan the Raider>>
----------------------------------------
www.tombraiderfans.20m.com Where we raid tombs with Lara Croft!!!!!!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, February 9th 2005, 8:59am

The water has to be in the room underneath.
the place where the water texture is, is actually the "door", the connection between the two rooms.

Connect rooms. Mark door. Click Toggel Opacity 2 (to create a see-through and walk-through connection). Activate Face Edit, Double Sided and Transparent and texture it with animated water textures.

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Wednesday, February 9th 2005, 10:29am

I will place here a picture that explain everything. The only way to place water like in the picture is by stacking rooms. Select a room that will be the water. If you a want athe water elevation at 0, the floor of the room above has to be at 0, and the ceiling of the water room also has to be at 0. Place one room above the other, then connect. Select the door an dmake like we told you above to do.