You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female
  • "tombraidergirl" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Wednesday, November 17th 2004, 11:13am

Which was first. Rome or TR1? How did Larson and Pierre ...

How could Pierre be in two games and which one was first?

In Chronicles it was said, that the quest for the Philosopher's Stone was one of Lara's first adventures.

And at the beginning of Tomb Raider 1 it seemed as if Lara had done this kind of job often before.

So I assumed Chronicles was first. In both games it seemed as if Pierre got killed.

- Shot by Lara in the Tomb of Tihocan in Tomb Raider 1.

- Falling down into the depth in the Colosseum in Chronicles.

The same goes for Larson. Shot by Lara in TR1 and killed (?) by the dragon gate in chronicles.

What do you guys think. How was that possible.

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 2:56am

Coer should pay more attention to the story... anyway, they can't do nothing now...
Nothing is completely wrong in the world. Even a broken clock shows the correct time twice every day. *Cool, don't you think?*

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 11:23am

You are right. Especially with a game that has so many fans who write stories. They want a clear story...

(But Core aren't the only ones who write silly stories. In fact Namco is even better in bringing back dead people.)

• "152er" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, December 22nd 2004, 3:35pm

Quoted

But Core aren't the only ones who write silly stories. In fact Namco is even better in bringing back dead people

Hey don't say that :D
Kazuya wouldn't be back if they weren't as good as they are in bringing back dead fighters :grin:

But somehow you're right. Core just made a game and didn't think about the story :mad:

----------------
Wer immer tut, was er schon kann, bleibt immer das, was er schon ist. :gandalf

Crane

Starting Raider

• "Crane" is male

Saturday, December 25th 2004, 11:05am

Core really had problems with the story. But I think they spent a lot of time on Tomb Raider IV and on TR AoD. But fans want a good story (well, I want :wink: )... Let's hope that Crystal Dynamics is working hard on it.
Nothing is completely wrong in the world. Even a broken clock shows the correct time twice every day. *Cool, don't you think?*

Kurtis99

Explorer

• "Kurtis99" is male

TR Platforms: PS2

Currently Playing: Tibia

Friday, January 7th 2005, 8:11am

I think that they did an excellent job with the TR story. Pierre and Larson returning was a little unusual, but there may have been a point that wasn't put into the game (happens, get used to it). I particularly enjoyed the Aod story, but that's not what we're discussing here. So their death was probably understood by the developers. And why are you complaining about them being brought back to life? Lara was too, supposedly.
Smart people learn from their mistakes.
Smarter people learn from others' mistakes.

My site

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, January 7th 2005, 4:33pm

I disagree, we never saw Lara die, did we?

She was just trapped in a tomb, missing, not dead. She was thought to be dead, that's a difference.

crane2

New Raider

• "crane2" is male

Monday, January 10th 2005, 2:17am

But Larson and Pierre deaths in Chronicles weren't very clear. For me, shots are more efficient than strange deaths :wink:
LARA: I only want the artefact!
SOPHIA: Right! In your next life!
LARA: [drawing weapons]Well see...

Bad Azz Croft

New Raider

Monday, February 14th 2005, 8:38pm

Well from my understanding, Lara's been tomb raiding for some time and when Core introduced us to Lara that's the time we got to know her. Think of it this way, Lara's in her own cyber universe doing her job and we have no idea until Core introduced her to the real world. I don't know about the whole killing thing but when someones dies...they should remain dead.

Twiin Pistols

New Raider

• "Twiin Pistols" is male

Monday, March 28th 2005, 5:23pm

A book I own called: "The Official Tomb Raider Files featuring Lara Croft" has a timeline and states that the TRC Rome levels came before TRI. However I weould not trust this timeline as it also states that the TRC VCI levels come after TR3, when in the treasure room of TR3 you can see the Iris in its glass container... Core did not think about this enough, I agree, but they're very good at leaving plot holes :roll:

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, March 28th 2005, 7:51pm

Quoted

Original von Twiin Pistols

A book I own called: "The Official Tomb Raider Files featuring Lara Croft" has a timeline and states that the TRC Rome levels came before TRI.

Then I guess this is where the rumours came from.

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

TR Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360

Sunday, April 24th 2005, 5:46pm

I think that TR1 came first because you can survive from being shot but you can't really survive that huge drop that pierre fell from, well it's highly unlikely...i think.

ascho

Explorer

• "ascho" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Monday, April 25th 2005, 7:55am

it is unlikely to survive death twice, but in games anything can happen. maybe storyline should be better with out any brake in the story line.
LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
LARA: You might try to kill me
Powell: I'm not going to kill you
LARA: I said you try

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

TR Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 5:34pm

It's weird because I've done a slight bit of research (yes i am sad) and all my sources say that TR chronicles(rome) came first. But that would mean that in the intro video to TR she didn't recognise Larson. Wouldn't she recognise him from Rome? I think core hasn't done their revision(neither have my sources for that matter), so that's why i conclude that TR came first.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 7:56pm

My researches led to the same result - even in official magazines and such. and also they mention something that rome was lara's first big adventure. I guess they came up with the rome idea after tr1 and didn't think about the consequences, when using the same characters.

~*~Chickpea~*~

Average Raider

• "~*~Chickpea~*~" is female

Tuesday, April 26th 2005, 9:44pm

Quoted

Original von Twiin Pistols

it also states that the TRC VCI levels come after TR3, when in the treasure room of TR3 you can see the Iris in its glass container... Core did not think about this enough, I agree, but they're very good at leaving plot holes :roll:

this is correct as werner got the iris from cambodia when lara was 16 and it was supposed to be laras she went to the VCI tower and got it back and thats why its in the glass case in the trophy room. so that is right. but then again the bit about the philosophers stone is wrong. i think TR1 came before rome...........

The legend returns.........