You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bleeding_angel-Lara

Senior Raider

• "bleeding_angel-Lara" is female

Location: well i'm in a dark room...little light except the computer...that's all you ned to know

TR Platforms: PS2

Wednesday, December 14th 2005, 1:30am

RE: New TR3 film???

Quoted

Originally posted by DarkestAngel
i have just heard that AJ is considering doing another TR film, can anyone fill me in on this???

*thank the god(s) of us all i just read a biography of Angelina Jolie!* Well form what i read in that book that the movies were doing so poor in grabbing audiences and getting bad reviews that they were doubting on EVER doing another Tomb Raider. At least that's the word here. Critics weren't happy about the Tomb Raider Movies, but then again i think they had a jiff with the fact that a video game character came to life. Not to mention that there are still a lot of people that aren't so fond of Angelina Jolie. (i wouldn't have a clue why but that's why i call them freaks)so that's what i know. i can try to give you guys a few quotes from it, i'll include a bibliogrphy to cover my hyde.
See a world in a grain of sand,
ad heaven in a wild flower,
To hold time in the palm of your hand,
and eternity in an hour.

• "Lara-is-my-rolemodel" is female

Wednesday, December 14th 2005, 2:58pm

i think a 3rd movie is a bad idea, unless AJ is lara nd they get back simon west from the first movie to direct. I felt TR1 really captured the games atmosphere, jan de bont had no fucking clue what he doing.

Also snake, why do u say AOD ruined lara's rep? I think that is total crap, it didn't ruin her rep it ruined core's rep. Which is totally unfair as they were rushed by eidos to finish the game meaning they made many mistakes and alot of things that woulda made the game better were lost.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Lara-is-my-rolemodel" (Dec 14th 2005, 3:00pm)

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

TR Platforms: Wii, Xbox 360

Thursday, December 15th 2005, 5:29pm

Even if you're a fan of AJ you have to admit they were quite average. I mean her acting was ok and as arty said it did capture the games atmosphere to a point, but it wouldn't be in any film productions companies interest to make another film..

ascho

Explorer

• "ascho" is female
  • "ascho" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Friday, December 16th 2005, 8:34am

after my oppinion i think the first was good many things reminded me of the games and thats why i like the first one, the second on the other hand was not as good as the first there were things m,issing i'll get in on it later got to log out now i'm in school hehe
LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
LARA: You might try to kill me
Powell: I'm not going to kill you
LARA: I said you try

Friday, December 16th 2005, 8:42am

the second was just like another speed movie -_-

snake

Jade Raider

• "snake" is male

Currently Playing: Deadly Premonition

Friday, December 16th 2005, 12:06pm

i loved the 2nd movie i thought it was great

ascho

Explorer

• "ascho" is female
  • "ascho" started this thread

Friday, December 16th 2005, 3:30pm

okay back to my oppinion on the second i didn't get finished, i actually think it didn't relate that much to the games and it doesn't remaind me of the games either and that the riddles and the excitment is missing thats a downer and some other stuff that i can't remember missed so i didn't like the movie as i liked the first
LARA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0)
LARA: You might try to kill me
Powell: I'm not going to kill you
LARA: I said you try

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

Friday, December 16th 2005, 4:48pm

I thought the second was released as if a bigger bloackbuster,plus they had a bigger buget. The only good thing about the second film was it captured her raiding tombs because it was the first time you see her in the films to climb and jump like lara should.

Saturday, December 17th 2005, 11:00am

What do u mean raiding tombs?!! SHE RAIDS ONE TOMB!!!

In the first one she raids 2!!!!

I hated the second one. It was just all wrong, i was really dissapointed with it.

Come on if Lara really had gerard butler handcuffed to a bed i seriously doubt she would just leave him there ... wait thats me :P

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

Sunday, December 18th 2005, 2:54pm

Oh you kinky.
No, i meant that when she raids the tomb at the beginning of the second one she jumps around a bit more, like lara is expected to. In the first one when she jumps around it always cut away, just to make the implication she had jumped. But i'm not too much of fan of either of the films.

DarkestAngel

One Winged Angel

• "DarkestAngel" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Friday, April 21st 2006, 8:48pm

i just found this:

by Paul Davidson
April 20, 2006 - Almost two years ago, action starlet Angelina Jolie said she was finished with Tomb Raider. However, the popular actress has since had a change of heart, Britain's Daily Express tabloid reports, and a third Tomb Raider is now on the drawing board. (source: Entertainmentwise)

"Paramount has optioned [Tomb Raider III] and Angelina has agreed to star in the third," Ian Livingstone — fantasy author, Eidos co-founder, and creator of Lara Croft — told the paper. Eidos Interactive, now owned by SCi, created the wildly popular computer and console game series based on the adventures of archaeologist Lara Croft. The franchise continues to be popular with the release of the company's latest game, Tomb Raider: Legend.

Jolie and husband Brad Pitt are currently holed up in a resort in the African country of Namibia, awaiting the birth of their child. However, that hasn't stopped her from making some preparations in anticipation of the film. "Angelina is already in training to make sure she gets rid of her post-pregnancy bulge," a source told the paper. "She wants to be in tip-top shape and look better in Lara's outfit than ever."

Lara x Amanda <3

Fallen_Angel

Advanced Raider

• "Fallen_Angel" is female

Currently Playing: Underworld

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 12:18pm

Oooo I can't wait to see what it's like...
:sun:

DarkestAngel

One Winged Angel

• "DarkestAngel" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PlayStation, PSP

Currently Playing: Perfect World International

Saturday, April 22nd 2006, 7:46pm

if they make it i hope its not going to be as bad as Cradle of life. Iffact i reckon they might struggle to get interest because of cradle of life being a complete disaster. But never the less i look forward to it

Lara x Amanda <3

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 5:42pm

I can't believe there is a third film in the making...Refering to the news on the homepage of this site.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: SotTR, Detroit, RDR2

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 6:35pm

It was announced, when the game did fairly good. We will see, I guess. I am waiting till Angelina Jolie has given birth to her child. Maybe she decides otherwise. [hehe]

Panda

Gold Raider

• "Panda" is female

TR Platforms: PS2, PS3

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Underworld

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 8:16pm

i think she suits the part better than anyone could in the tomb raider films! she looks very much like lara ;-)

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

Tuesday, April 25th 2006, 8:17pm

Yeah i thought it was a marketing ploy as legends has probably brought in sales, it would be in their best interest to release another film. Although until angelina gives birth there will probably be nothing more on the matter..

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 12:13pm

I just hope that they have learned and don't release the movie in summer, again. :-?

Will4389

Jade Raider

• "Will4389" is male

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 6:08pm

What's so bad by releasing it in summer? I thought it would be better to release it then as there would be a bigger market as the summer holidays etc.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, April 26th 2006, 6:11pm

I disagree, I never go to cinemas in summer, besides a lot of people are going away during summer. You don't want to go to cinema in turkey, greece...