You are not logged in.

Antarctica Lost City of Tinnos

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

B@rt

Unregistered

Monday, July 1st 2002, 5:45pm

Lost City of Tinnos

My problem: I am in the level 'Antarctica - Lost City of Tinnos'.
After many other things, I have just opened two large doors with a switch and for a short while a screen appears: it is the view of room on the other site of the hallway. Above I see five round things, probably switches, but I can't reach them.
Who can tell me what to do? I need stairs or something else to be able to climbe up. But I can't find anything.
Thanks for the help (in advance)!
B@rt

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, July 1st 2002, 6:01pm

If this is where I think it is. There is a ladder in one corner, and if I also remember correctly there was a lever you had to use to make the ladder usable and visible. I'll try to get you a screenshot and a more detailled description.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, July 1st 2002, 6:18pm

You have to find a key to open the door. (The blue circle marks the lock) In the room behind you have to go up to the balcony and flip a switch. (red circle) and slide down to find another switch. (the lower arrow, this is after the gate has been opened. you have to reach it from the inside.) A ladder will appear in the room with the round switches.

B@rt

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 3rd 2002, 6:11pm

TR3-Lost City of Tinnos

I received two messages. Both have helped me on!
Thank you for responding!!! :D

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, July 3rd 2002, 7:10pm

You are welcome.

Unregistered

Sunday, July 21st 2002, 4:30pm

Lost City of Tinnos / entrance to secret level

I've finished this level by placing the 4 oceanic masks in their places. What I'd like to know is if the entrance to the secret level is on this level.
After crossing the bridge, where the mosquitos first appear, you enter a chamber and kill two large beasts. Then, you enter a left-right hallway that if you go right takes you to the room where you have to retrieve the "oceanic masks". But, if you go to the left you'll enter a room where the gate closes behind you and you have to kill 3 more of the large beasts to pull a lever that allows you to get to the next room. This next room has two swinging fire pots and several levers that raise/lower platforms that you use to ultimately open the two large doors at the bottom. There is a small area of water in this room, but doesn't seem to serve any purpose. In this room (with the fire-pots), at the end of one of the "lever hallways" is a lever that returns itself to the upright position after a certain amount of time has passed. When you pull this lever it gives youa view of a door openning with a black floor around it. I CANNOT FIND THIS DOOR, and I am suspicious about whether it is the entrance to the secret level.
I apologize for the epic nature of this post!
Thanks for your help!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, July 21st 2002, 6:07pm

There is no actual entrance to the All Hallows, if you've collected all Secrets you'll come to the bunus level after the last level. I am not quiete sure if it starts automatically or if you can choos it from the menu, it's been a while since I've been there.

However it sounds like this is the hidingpalce of one of the three secrets you have to find in this level. If I remember correctly that door is just a bit higher than the lever, somewhere close.

Unregistered

Sunday, July 21st 2002, 6:48pm

lost city of tinos / hidden level

I have found the door that is openned by the lever in question, but I still can't figure out how to get to it before it closes. The door is out below the bridge that you come to after you set the five switches. You can get down to where it is and back up. This is the general area where the giant mosquitos come out of the wall.
Thank you so much for your help! I will keep trying!

Remember: guests are like fish, after 3 days they start to stink.

mfh

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 27th 2002, 11:57pm

Tomb Raider III - Lost City of Tinnos - Maze

Hi, love your site, makes TRIII playable, running around in circles in the maze, it's driving me nuts, I'm so close to the end and can't be bothered making map, might have to start for the minute though, cya.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, November 28th 2002, 12:19pm

Well you are right, were did my map go? I have done one, must be still on my computer. I will go looking for it right away. But basically this maze is quiete easy, unless you want the goodies. You have to get into the far right corner. Sou if you run ahead and turn rigt once in a while you might end up where you have to get without much trouble.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Thursday, November 28th 2002, 12:51pm

map:

Monday, October 20th 2003, 7:29pm

Tomb Raider III - Antartica - Lost City of Tinnos

I am trying to get the 2nd secret. i have done all the preparation for it and i can get to the room where the stone block has dropped. I believe i now have to use the block to reach the ladder but Lara just runs through the block! She won't climb on it or anything, she just keeps disappearing through the middle of it! Am i doing something seriously wrong here or what!

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

• "laracroft2009" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Wednesday, February 25th 2004, 11:31pm

Tomb Raider 3-Lost city of Tinnos

I can't find the invsable platform, where is it?
<<Dan the Raider>>
----------------------------------------
www.tombraiderfans.20m.com Where we raid tombs with Lara Croft!!!!!!

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Wednesday, February 25th 2004, 11:44pm

Try shooting a rocket or something that will give you a bit of light and you might spot the platform.

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

Saturday, April 17th 2004, 2:03am

Tomb Raider 3- Lost City of Tinnos

Thanks.
<<Dan the Raider>>

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 12:21am

Tomb Raider 3- Lost city of Tinnos

I'm passed that part but I need help How do you get pass the underwater blades when you are going to get the water mask.
<<Dan the Raider>>

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 10:43am

How many games/levels are you playing? You should really concentrate on one of them, it will be easier that way.

I cannot really help you with this part, you have to get oriented first and then be careful when you swim past the blades. Wait in front of them and then quickly swim though when they have gone past.

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

Tuesday, April 20th 2004, 11:53pm

Tomb Raider 3- Lost city of Tinnos

I am going to stick with Tomb raider 3. Thanks I just got the Ice mask. Does it matter what order you get the mask???? And if not then I going to get the mud one next or the water one or the fire one, I'm not sure.
<<Dan the Raider>>

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

Tuesday, April 27th 2004, 2:21am

Tomb Raider 3 Lost city of Tinnos

I have gotten all four mask I need someone to make this part more clearer because I'm cafused. ". Get past the firepod and jump towards the opposite side. You have to take a running jump and grab the ledge. Crawl into the passage and use the lever. Crawl back out. Turn left and jump towards the platform there. That's the second one without firepod. Crawl in and use the lever there as well. Get back out. Now jump towards the previous platform - now to your right. Climb down onto the grey block below. Hang from the ledge and drop onto the platform behind the higher block. Turn to face the wall with a lever. In the corner below you can see a brown block. Jump down onto it. Drop down to the ground and use the lever you can easily reach. After using it climb back onto the block in the corner. From there make a running jump onto the now lowered platform. Use the lever there. The platform will give way and you will drop down unless you make a sideflip to the left. Climb back onto the block in the corner. From there jump up towards the platform where you came down. Take a running jump towards the second platform. Climb up onto the block overhead. Crawl into the passage at the top and use the switch again. This is the first one you used. Get back out. You can see two platforms in place on your right. Drop down onto the block again and jump over to the first of these. From the ledge take one step back and make a standing jump forward to land on the platform underneath the bridge. A much saver way to get down there is: Jump onto the bridge. Position with your back against the edge. Jump back and press action but release action before Lara grabs the ledge. This way she will land on the platform underneath. Monkey climb along the ceiling and use the lever on the other side to open the gate below and a platform just outside.
Secret 3:
Get out and jump onto that platform. From there climb up onto the bridge. Save your game and fill up the energy. Then use the lever in the chamber. Make a roll and sprint over to the other side. You have to get down to the ground. Choose one of two paths:
1. Jump into the pool on the left. And climb out quickly.
2. Get from the bridge onto the ledge below and drop down (you will lose nearly all of your energy)
Get out through the open gate quickly. Turn right to end in a chamber with some puddles. In this room you can also find a key, but no time for this now! Run into the far left corner and climb up the ladder there. Leave it to the left and use the lever there to open the gate. Run up the stairs again and down the passage. Turn left to get out onto the bridge. Run to the right end (this is where you can get down safely) and slide down. On the side closest to the building you came from you will find a hopefully open door. Collect the crystal, the desert eagle ammo and the large medipack. Then use the lever twice to open the door again. Run over to the opposite side again. From the brown block on the left you can get onto the snow platform on the right. From there jump up to the higher snow platform. Over the rocks you can reach the bridge again. Return to the room with the light beam and run down the stairs.
Step into the open passage with the keyhole. Climb down the ladder. In the big chamber run into the far left corner. There you can find another key. There is also a mutant in this chamber on the left. Avoid him. Return to the keyhole and use the key. Then use all the four masks. Drop down into the hole where the beam was. Follow the passage out. " --- From the Walkthrough.
<<Dan the Raider>>

laracroft2009

Casual Explorer

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 2:30am

Tomb Raider 3 Lost city of Tinnos

Can I skip this level and save it and go to the last one????
<<Dan the Raider>>