You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 9:15am

Quick Time Events

Hello! :wave2

I'm not luckily (yet) stuck, but I'm having issues with those [insert a mean word here] Quick Time Events. Whenever I encounter those "smash E/F to defend/kick/kill etc." I fail and die like 3-5, or 10 times! :shy: :cry

I'm playing the PC version, at it does show me the insctructions (what button(s) to press) and this figure with a moving outer big circle and a not-moving smaller inner circle appears alongside with a "BWU-ZUUUUUM!" sound. What's the secret in succeeding on those QTE's? Do I have to wait for a perfect moment and how do I know when it is? Or is it just "trial and smash-trying error that leads to gruesome death"?

Flo

Jade Raider

• "Flo" is male

TR Platforms: PS4, PS3, PC, Xbox One

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 9:27am

You just have to press "F" once when the outer circle reaches the inner circle. The inner circle turns red and an exclamation mark appears, that is the perfect moment. ;)
If you press "F" too early, the QTE fails.
we are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be.

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 10:41am

Thanks for the reply, Flo! :D

No wonder I kept failing... Before this I just randomly smashed buttons and I either succeeded or failed - mostly failed! [hehe]

Soul

Vileblood

• "Soul" is male

TR Platforms: PC, XBox360

Currently Playing: God Of War III

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 10:46am

I also always failed at them at first, as the buttons disappeared way too fast. I think it was deliberately done this way so that each player gets to see the "nice" extra-clips of Lara being impaled/ crushed/shot etc. [hehe] (I once watched the all-deaths-video and I didn't miss a single one :rofl )

Tuesday, July 23rd 2013, 10:57am

I failed the very first QTE whit the scavenger grabbing Lara's leg and at that death scene my jaw just dropped to the floor. :shy: Right from the start I got this "Man, I so hate hose QTEs!" -feeling. :shout And I still do hate 'em! :aetsch