You are not logged in.

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 10:08am

In my opinion, the voice actress sounds a lot like Victoria Beckham, haha.

I can just imagine the folks at Crystal Dynamics: "And this time around we have a star voice actress, Posh Spice!"

Would be totally unexpected, right? ;)
Hehee, I bursted into laughter the moment I saw your post, had to watch the trailer again... [hehe]
I'm not sure about Lara souding like Posh Spice, but it'd definitely be unexpected! ;-) I have to get used to this new voice...

And what comes to the aiming system, the old ones had automatic aim, like tombraidergirl said that there were no manual aim in the old ones. This time around it'll be manual (or free aim system). Too bad I haven't played any games that had that kind of aiming, so I don't know what to think about it...

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 12:59pm

Well okay, some of the games had manual aim when you pressed a certain button (in TR4 and 5 you had to have the lasersight; and in Legend and onwards it could be used to shoot crates from ropes, and so on) In all cases it was not a big use against opponents (except maybe a little long-range snipering)

In Uncharted you can either shoot without aiming (from the hip) but you wont hit much, except those opponents close up (see at 4:18 in video below), in front of you. It is mainly duck and cover, and that would change the whole fighting dynamics in Tomb Raider, as we are used to jump around, do sideflips and such while shooting... It invites you to do sneaky attacks from behind instead.

Sneaky attacks in the beginning.
In-game shooting starts at 4:02.
From the hip at 4:18.

But I guess we will see how they will integrate manual aiming into TR gameplay. Might be completely different. (We had to do a little manual aiming during jumping when doing headshots in TRU. [hehe] )

Wednesday, June 8th 2011, 5:09pm

Thank you for explaining a bit more. :-) I feel a bit mixed about those sneaky attacks in TR, I'm too used to the jumping around while shooting. [hehe] But we'll see that in the future...