You are not logged in.

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male
  • "Catracoth" started this thread

TR Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, PS1, PC

Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas

Thursday, September 27th 2007, 1:25am

The Croft Trilogy

Will you read the story and be dedicated to reading the rest?

A total of 4 Votes have been submitted.

100%

Yes (4)

0%

No

0%

Yes to reading the story, but may not be dedicated

Title: Tomb Raider: Lost Friends
Genre: Action/Adventure
Rating: T for language and violence

This fan fiction I'm working on is roughly about a few chapters long, say 12 to be safe, if not, more. It's inspired by the ultimate laser war RPG in the Fighting Arena.

The basics of the story are that it's going to be pretty much as a chaptered story, in which each chapter follows a different character. But in the first few, it focuses more on Lara, and the events that lead up to a departure from the Lara focus and more or less shines the light on the original characters I'm creating. I've decided to use this post to describe my plans for the story, by content. Here goes:

Lara Croft
In the story, Lara is portrayed as Angelina Jolie from the first Tomb Raider movie, and some of the outfits are inspired from the games and movies both. Lara plays a little less of a role in the story, but she has a fair share of focuses. She'll be the most main of the characters, but I'll also send the spotlight over to a few of the original characters as well as Lara herself.

Original Characters
The original characters in the story are described more in the story, such as their background, history, and whatnot, and how they met Lara. The original characters might be just as much of main characters as Lara herself. Each character will have their own chaptered events and the future chapters kind of join the characters. I've decided to create a diagram for how the chapters go: (see attached image)

See what I mean? It kind of starts off with Lara, then separates into the original characters' own spotlights, then rejoins together with Lara for the remainder of the chapters. It might not be exactly that, but that's what I'm trying to get out to you.

But enough talk, you'll see for yourselves if and when you read the story.

The plot, will be revealed after I finish the preparation stage and move into the actual writing.

Leave comments telling me what you think and please vote, [hehe]!
Catracoth has attached the following image:
  • lostfriendsdiagram.jpg
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Catracoth" (Oct 24th 2007, 11:07pm)

MaskedRaider

Archaeologist

• "MaskedRaider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 8:47am

I love things where the sub-characters get spotlighted and tell the story from their own point of view. Looking forward to it!

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Saturday, September 29th 2007, 1:48pm

Thank you, MaskedRaider! I quite believe you'll enjoy it! I'm going to enjoy writing, let me tell you, :D! I'm still in the planning stage and might start writing later today or tomorrow.
RPG Character Profile
"A famous explorer once said that the extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are."

Catracoth

• "Catracoth" is male

Wednesday, October 24th 2007, 11:07pm

Right, so I did some long term thinking, and I've decided to make the idea into a series. It's called The Croft Trilogy.

www.freewebs.com/catracoth

The above site handles the work itself along with updates and whatnot =D.
RPG Character Profile