You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Admin

Starting Raider

• "Admin" started this thread

TR Platforms: PC

Friday, October 1st 1999, 5:00pm

Comics

In this thread you can find all news articles for the Tomb Raider Comics.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Thursday, January 31st 2013, 7:55pm

Laras Return to the World of Comics

Time and time again a new comic series was rumored, now it will finally see the light of day. Alongside the new game "Tomb Raider (2013): A Survivor is Born" on 5 March 2013, Lara will make her return in the World of Comics.

The first issue "Tomb Raider: The Beginning", will be a 48-page hardcover, also available as pre-order bonus for the game with certain retailers.

"Tomb Raider: The Beginning" will tell the story before Lara's adventures on Yamatai. The Endurance expedition sets out to create a new episode for Dr. James Whitman's TV program "Whitman's World". But trouble arises before they leave port.

Quoted

“Whilst penning Lara’s origins story for the game I had lots of ideas about the world she and the other characters inhabited, and the story behind their voyage: it was great to be able to flesh out the world of Tomb Raider and work with the talented team at Dark Horse to bring Lara Croft back to comics,” said Rhianna Pratchett.

To get a glimpse into the comic, you can take a look at the preview on the Tomb Raider Facebook Page.

Tomb Raider on Tumblr

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Monday, June 29th 2015, 8:52pm

New Comic-Mini-Series: Lara Croft and the Frozen Omen

Tomb Raider Comics publisher Dark Horse Comics has announced the new series "Lara Croft and the Frozen Omen". In contrast to the first Tomb Raider Series currently published by Dark Horse, which follows the story of Lara as established in the Reboot game "Tomb Raider (2013): A Survivor is Born", Lara Croft and the Frozen Omen will follow a more mature Lara known from "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light" and "Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris". Her fellow adventurer Carter Bell will play an important role in the mini series, which will span five issues. Artist Randy Green will provide the drawings, while Corinna Bechko will supply the story.

http://www.polygon.com/comics/2015/6/29/…omic-dark-horse

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Friday, October 9th 2015, 8:47pm

New Tomb Raider Comic Series in February 2016

It has been announced at New York Comic Con (NYCC) today, that coming February 2016 a new second Tomb Raider Series will be published by Dark Horse Comics.

After the previous series ended on 29 July 2015 with the final issue "Cold Light of Day", the new Lara Croft five issue mini-series "Lara Croft and the Frozen Omen" began.

While the Tomb Raider Series sticks to the storyline established in the reboot "Tomb Raider (2013): A Survivor is Born", the Lara Croft Series follows a more mature Lara Croft known from "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light" and "Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris". It is likely that the new series will be based on "Rise of the Tomb Raider".

Writer of the second series is Mariko Tamaki, who is thrilled to join Lara on her adventures. The series promises a set of new challenges, exotic locations and, of course, tombs.

Quoted

In 2016, Lara Croft is back, and she’s bringing a whole new bag of tricks to the table at the hands of award-winning writer Mariko Tamaki.

Best known for her collaboration with Jillian Tamaki on This One Summer, Mariko Tamaki brings a new voice and mission for Lara Croft in the upcoming Tomb Raider series, which follows the iconic adventurer through a new set of challenges, exotic locations, and—of course—tombs.

“Mariko Tamaki’s writing is impactful and emotionally resonant,” said series editor Patrick Thorpe. “When I was researching her work for Tomb Raider, I read This One Summer cover to cover and said to myself, ‘That was perfect.’ Since becoming an editor, I don’t know that I’ve ever said that.”

“I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to write up some adventures for Lara Croft. I feel like I’ve just gotten this new, incredibly daring, strong, valiant friend, and now I get to think up super-cool stuff for her to do,” said Mariko Tamaki. “And she has to take me with her. And we can go anywhere, and do anything? Right?! What could be better than that?”

The new Tomb Raider hits stands February 2016.

Dark Horse Comics Blog

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

Sunday, July 24th 2016, 2:57am

Tomb Raider Archives, a Collection of the Top Cow Comics, Revealed

Have you missed the original Tomb Raider Comics published by Top Cow back in the early 2000s and have wondered what they were all about? Soon you will be able to catch up without having to hunt for old, sold out issues.

At the panel "20 Years of Tomb Raider: Lara Croft’s Multimedia Empire" at this year's San Diego Comic Con it was revealed that all 50 issues of the original Tomb Raider Comic Series, the issues #0 and #1/2, Tomb Raider Journeys, as well as several one-shots by Top Cow will be republished in the four-parted "Tomb Raider Archives" collection with the first issue coming out on 30 November 2016.

Issue Overview
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 1: Issues #1-15 (30 November 2016)
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 2: Issues #16-24, #26-34 (Early 2017)
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 3: Issues #35-50, #0, #½ (2017)
Tomb Raider Archives Vol. 4: Tomb Raider Journeys #1-12, one-shots (2017)

Issue One coming out in November will feature an introduction by beloved Tomb Raider comic artist Andy Park in a 408 pages strong 8” x 12” hardcover.
As listed above it will cover issues 1 to 15, thus including the storylines "Saga of the Medusa Mask", "Merlin Stone", "Dead Center", "Shangri-La" and "Without Limit". Ready to accompany Lara on a trip to the middle east, New Mexico, Japan and many other locations?

Official Tomb Raider Blog