You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 23rd 2003, 1:06am

AoD Crashes

I am getting an error message when coming out of the water after the Vault of Trophys level. It says: GAME_ERROR_STRUCTURED_EXCEPTION_HANDLE. Does anyone have any idea what causes this? :ouch:

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 29th 2003, 10:32pm

This is caused by a bad cd or a moderately bad cd and a crappy drive...
I hope you made a back-up of the original....

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 30th 2003, 9:07pm

As a matter of fact I did make a back-up of the disks. I also have 2 uncrappy disk drives on my comp. and it still does it. Next idea.

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 4:57pm

how did you make the back-up? what program did you use? did you copy the subchannel too?

sometimes well known manufacturers produce crappy drives. several models of pioneer and sony for example are rather bad.

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 11:42pm

Even the original disk gives me the same results, not just the copy. I have not experienced trouble like this with any other games. If the drive was bad I would think I would have problems with other games as well, not just this one.

Raider

New Raider

Saturday, August 9th 2003, 8:35pm

Look http://www.eidos.com

Raider

New Raider

Sunday, August 10th 2003, 1:05pm

Angel of Darkness Error

Hi,
when I start Angel of Darkness I have this error:
SYS_ERROR_D3D_CREATE_DECIVE
Somebody help me!!

p.s: I have already look on eidos.com

Sunday, August 10th 2003, 11:07pm

I know i sound like tech support, but you should update your drivers. The error relates to your graphix card

Sunday, August 10th 2003, 11:10pm

I'm not so sure a bad cd causes that - it could because your system is heavily loaded and you've got loads of groovy sh*t running in the background. Or it could just be a bug :ouch:

Raider

New Raider

Monday, August 11th 2003, 1:13pm

Thanks, how do I update my Graphics?

Tuesday, August 12th 2003, 9:54pm

Computer crashes in TRAoD

Hello,everyone

I am playing desperatly the new TR experience, but my P4, 512mb ram, 64m agp2X video board , winXP, is not tolerant: the game freezes all the time! everything is running good and then.... :ouch: . I am desperate in the strahov fortress level where it happens every 5 minutes, though in other levels it happened as well but not as frequently....hhhhhhhhhheeeeeeelllllllppppp!

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 12th 2003, 11:36pm

Thanks Raider.

Wednesday, August 13th 2003, 12:16am

It would depend on your graphics card. I've never had an ATI card in my life so I couldn't tell you how they work, but with Nvidia, you simply go to their site and select download drivers. When you've downloaded it, it's normally an .exe file, so i just run it. Alternatively, you could try some 3rd party drivers which are supposed to offer advanced performance. Try www.OmegaCorner.com

pow(V, 2)

Unregistered

Thursday, August 28th 2003, 1:08am

I get that too...

Yes, I get that error sometimes too. I haven't found the patch to be any help either. :ouch:

Tom&Ingrid

Unregistered

Sunday, August 31st 2003, 5:20pm

AoD Crashes

We are in the sanatarium (bad english we know...) with Kurtis. When we want to open the door ( which you need a code for) the game will shut down. It says that it's a technical problem but we can't go any further..... :ouch:
Please HELP us !!!S.O.S.

Monday, September 1st 2003, 8:36pm

Does the game shut down every single time, or have you only tried to open the door once? In other words, have you seen an error message and posted here or have you rloaded the game and tried to open the door again?

LadyCroft21

New Raider

• "LadyCroft21" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider AOD, Half Life, RE4

Monday, July 17th 2006, 7:04pm

Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness - Game stalling

I installed TRAOD and when i play , it goes to slow ... its takes to long to respond to the keys that i press.. my computer is brand new(just bought it last dec .. 05)... and it still is really slow .... and Tomb Raider Legends works just fine

Is there any way i can make it work better?

my computer info :
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1014MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LadyCroft21" (Jul 17th 2006, 7:06pm)

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, July 17th 2006, 7:12pm

Do you have a new version of aod? If not, you need to install the patches.

I am not sure about the graphics chip you have, so I cannot tell if this might be the cause. It is not impossible that Legend worked fine but AoD not.

LadyCroft21

New Raider

• "LadyCroft21" is female

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider Legends, Tomb Raider AOD, Half Life, RE4

Monday, July 17th 2006, 7:37pm

I will install the patches and let you know if it works any better ... and
my graphics card is
Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Monday, July 17th 2006, 7:45pm

Sorry, I still don't know what that is. [hehe]

You would probably be better of with a Geforce or Radeon card.