You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 1:07pm

Bug: Mexico - The Midgard Serpent (Ramps missing)

Anybody already this far?

I finally got into the Maya underworld, but I'm stuck there.

In the first room, there is a switch with a figurine on either side. The right one has its head missing. I presume this is why I can't move the swirch.

Going on (with the bike), I end at a drawbridge which is down. The sonar map shows it up.

There is no chance to cross the abyss which the bridge should span, neither by bike nor on foot. In the rooms between the switch and the abyss I can't find anything useful.

I even played the timed sequence to enter the underworld again to see if the timing extends to this drawbridge. Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Any ideas?

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4

Currently Playing: Tomb Raider (PS4), Risen 2

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 1:11pm

When you explore the first temple you come past, you find an item, I think this was the item you are missing, so you should do a little backtracking.

Still this should not stop you from continuing. I am not sure what you mean by drawbridge. There are several pits with ramps where you need to speed up the bike and jump across, at one (or was it two) pits, there is an alternative route at the side.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 1:20pm

Thanks for your answer.

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

I already found the two missing items for the two Maya calenders. If you finish both calenders, the ball game space opens up and you have to rush into it, ending underground at a pit (cut scene with Lara braking her bike and nearly toppling into the pit.

This is the point where I'm stuck. Continuing (into the direction your bike shows after the cutscene), you end at a pit with some logs angling down. The sonar map shows these logs angling UP.

What should I do?

Oh, and could you please change the title of this thread again? It shoud read: Southern Mexiko - The Midgard Serpent.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Fussel" (Nov 20th 2008, 1:26pm)

Lars Croft

New Raider

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 1:26pm

You have to return to the first calendar, because the circles have moved for some reasons. Put them back in the correct direction and the entrance will open again. Drive as fast as you can to the middle of the stadium, because the "doors" close after some seconds.

Ah, you mean the bridges... You have to raise the last one. In the post below tombraidergirl sais how.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lars Croft" (Nov 20th 2008, 2:07pm)

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 1:48pm

If you finish both calenders, the ball game space opens up and you have to rush into it, ending underground at a pit (cut scene with Lara braking her bike and nearly toppling into the pit.

This is the point where I'm stuck. Continuing (into the direction your bike shows after the cutscene), you end at a pit with some logs angling down. The sonar map shows these logs angling UP.

What should I do?

Do you see the ledge at the wall besides the pit. This is some kind of trigger. You need to get there using the swing bar.

Spoiler Spoiler

Don't forget, you can jump against walls.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:10pm

Problem is, the swing bars and the ledge are on the other side of the pit. I saw this in one of the official Eidos videos, but I can't get to it. I have to cross the first pit first.

I found a rudimentary walkthrough at an other site which doesn't mention the fist pit. It just says 'be ready for a ramp', implying that the ramp should be UP.

Might this be a program glitch? If so, do you by any chance have a savegame with the ramp up?

Lars Croft

New Raider

TR Platforms: Xbox 360

Currently Playing: TR Anniversary

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:16pm

It's not a glitch. Jump to the lower bar. Climb on it. Head to the wall, jump to the wall and be fast jumping to the upper bar (which can't be reached from the lower one). From the upper bar you can jump to the bar at the other side of the pit, from where you can reach the trigger which raises the bridge.

(To bad I can't make screenshots)

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:19pm

True, when you have this problem at the first pitch, the "lever" is not reachable.
I have not saved there, but you could upload your savegame, maybe the glitch is not there for others or maybe I can figure out a way past.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 2:37pm

I've attached the savegame. I'd appreciate if you could do something about it ...

Unfortunately, I didn't save a game before this one since the start of Thailand, so at the moment I'm going all through Thailand again. Frustrating!

15 Maya Unterwelt.zip

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 3:19pm

Looks bad. I have not found a way to the other side. Nasty bug. I hope it's gone when you get there again.

I don't really have a fitting savegame for you, especially since secrets seem to be stored within this savegame and this would change everything for you.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 4:42pm

Sad. But thanks for trying!

relic:

Spoiler Spoiler

Since I'm doing Thailand again: Did you find a way to get the relic behind Thor's back? It's clearly visible from the bridge, but I can't find a way there ...

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 4:53pm

Spoiler Spoiler

Yes. I guess you have figured out how to move the bridge (otherwise you would still be stuck)?
You have to do this again. I think you had to move it again by holding on to the plate at the end, instead of the sides. There was some climbing here, climbing there, moving from here and from there involved.

BTW I have put your message in a spoiler, if I had not found the relic yet, you would have spoiled me.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 8:58pm

Thank you, I've got it. It wasn't really hard, I should have looked better. And I'm sorry, next time I'll put these things in spoilers.

Unfortunately, even playing Thailand, Croft Manor, and the first part of Mexiko again didn't resolve the glitch (or whatever it is). I think I'll have to install again and start from scratch.

Since I now have most of the treasures and relics, could you pleeeeease upload a savegame for me? I really don't want to start all over again now.

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: The Last of Us, Tomb Raider (2013)

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 9:28pm

Maybe this one helps. (Be aware that I disabled the helper buttons and texts, so you might want to enable them again. I played on medium ("Tomb Raider") difficulty.)

EDIT: (Nov, 30th) There are now better Savegames available from tombraidergirl.com. They include ALL secrets. You should use them.
--
Signature is futile.

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 9:37pm

Thanks Coyote! Meep meep ...

That did the trick. Now the bridge is up!

:happyjump

beerfridgeraider

Starting Raider

• "beerfridgeraider" is male

TR Platforms: PC

Currently Playing: TRU

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 8:33pm

raising the bridges

i just got to the bit fussel was originally talking about. you can get across the first log ramp with the bike, but then there is one that is "down" and you cant cross it.

eventually, i figured it out. here's a vid [Warning: vid is spoiler!]

BTW, i never did throw the switch up at the top, the one with more missing heads. did i miss a head, or is it one of these newfangled; to be done on the return pass tricks this game is throwing (like the krakan/octopus high up thing?)

opps, my posts gone mad. i accidently posted some corrupt messages. can someone delete them, i cant find a delete? thanks.
/BFR

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:00pm

Thanks for your input, but fussel actually ran into a bug. The first ramp was down, there was no way to cross it, to even reach the part shown in the video. ;-)

mamo159

New Raider

TR Platforms: PS3

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 9:04am

am newbie to the PS3 thing, but I know with Lara...

I have the same bug with the ramp ... is there anything to fix it? if not then how can I transfer the saved to the PS3?

cheers

tombraidergirl

Grenade Girl

Sunday, November 30th 2008, 11:31am

PS3 savegame:
http://www.tombraidergirl.net/saves/tr8/…erpent-bug1.rar
Unpack on PC, copy onto usb stick or memory stick or whatever works for you and your ps3 into the folder strucute "PS3" -> "SAVEDATA" and load via the savegame management on the PS3, "copy", start game and load it.

Wile E. Coyote

Roadrunner Raider

• "Wile E. Coyote" is male

TR Platforms: PC, PS2, PS3, PSP

Currently Playing: The Last of Us, Tomb Raider (2013)

Sunday, December 14th 2008, 10:57pm

There is now an official explanation for the cause of this bug on the Eidos web site:

Quoted

Upon entering the area before the Calendar puzzles the player drives through an underground tunnel. Turning Left at the fork in the trail (turning right would take you to the first calendar puzzle building which you can see at this junction) and continuing on to the first spike pit which activates a checkpoint. If you die before activating another checkpoint (usually in this same spike pit as mentioned), when you reach the Midgard Serpent level the first ramp to jump the pit will be down and you will not be able to continue.

Source: http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/suppor…id=426&gmid=215
--
Signature is futile.