You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to LaraCroftForum.com. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

larahi

Starting Raider

• "larahi" is male
  • "larahi" started this thread

TR Platforms: PS2

Friday, May 12th 2006, 3:00pm

How do I play my level?

Did this happen to you?

A total of 2 Votes have been submitted.

0%

No

100%

Yes (2)

0%

for a day

0%

for a day

Do any of you now how to play the levels after you have made one? I see all of these body parts of Lara. But how do I play my level? I'm I supost to put all of the body parts in the level? All of your help does a lot. :D

Thanks!! :D

Nick

Silver Raider

• "Nick" is male

TR Platforms: PC, Mac, PS2

Friday, May 12th 2006, 3:41pm

I guess the LE Forum would be better for this question.

Just have a look at the first pages of the LE introduction. It is desicibed there.

tombraidergirl

Lara Croft

• "tombraidergirl" is female

TR Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, Xbox One, Android Tablet

Currently Playing: Temple of Osiris

Friday, May 12th 2006, 6:22pm

Question: Do you have any clue what you are doing?

If not: Read the manual that (hopefully) came with the editor.

Normally you use the roomeditor to create a map (project file), you have to chose a wad you want to associate with your level. Load the wad, place the "lara" where your level is supposed to start, pick "save wad" and save what you have build there (also make a prj backup, you won't be able to load the wad again, if you want to work on the map...)

You then open the converter and load your wad to convert it. then you start the game.

No it's not simple, if you didn't understand a word of what I just said, read the manual thoroughly.

We are willing to give you hints, if you have a particular problem, but I personally am not willing to guide you through the whole process, as this would take a looooot of time.

larahi

Starting Raider

• "larahi" is male

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 4:37pm

Please can you help me get the newest one so that why I can do it easyer ;-)

Thanks!! :-)

Selene

New Raider

• "Selene" is female

TR Platforms: PC PS2

Saturday, May 13th 2006, 8:24pm

I'm afraid I do not quite understand what you're asking for here :-? Do you want to create a level yourself for others to play or do you want to play a level others have made????

I presume it's the first one, but with all your questions I'm not really sure any more. Learning to make a level takes months( and even years)....it's not something that people can walk you through from A to Z and it's not something you can do over a weekend. It's something you have to LEARN and learn it by YOURSELF. Most people are willing to help you with specific problems that can arise when using the level editor, but very few(if any at all) have the time or even desire to walk someone through making a level as it(as mentioned before) takes a lot of time and energy and is not something that is done in a day.

I will repeat what I've said before, as I'm not quite sure you've understood what I meant. INSTALL the Tomb Raider Level Editor. If you have Tomb Raider Chronicles it came on a CD with the game. With that program(the level editor) there is a text manual complete with pictures and explanations. STUDY it thoroughly. THAT is how you learn how to make a level.

Forgive me for saying so, but I think it's a bit bold to start talking of how you're going to play your own level if you haven't even started getting a grasp of how the level editor functions. We all have to start at the bottom and for level building the bottom means reading the manual and starting to experiment with building the first room/tutorial level.

larahi

Starting Raider

• "larahi" is male

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 4:10am

I made one room how do I play it?

Selene

New Raider

• "Selene" is female

TR Platforms: PC PS2

Sunday, May 14th 2006, 12:50pm

It does say in the manual how to test your own level too. Usually you don't place triggers and such until afterwards so things such as boulders and all might not work until you've placed the correct triggers. Hopefully you do realize that a full level(a real level that is, not those one-room joke levels that anyone can make) consists of anything between 30 and 200 rooms or so. If you've made one it's a good start, but there's still plenty of work left to do.

Anyways, what you do to try out your room is the following:

Select Project from the drop-down menu on top and then Output Wad.

Choose the tut1.tom file and click on Ok, then save your project like before.

Now close down the level editor and find the program called the Level Converter. Open it and where it says Edit Script, click on Add and select your tut1.tom file. Click on the button saying Build All and once the process has finished exit the program.

By now you should be able to open the tomb4.exe program(the demo version that follows with the level editor) and from there "Select new game"- "Playable tutorial level"......that is, provided you HAVE used the tutorial wad as explained in the manual.

All this is written in said manual, so all you really need to do is to read it carefully and follow the instructions.